The poker thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 06-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #106
country flag SwiSha
Registered User
 
SwiSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 39,787
SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

btw is there anything better than watching durr and GuS HU ? sick million swings in less than 24 hours

Antonius with a fantastic year so far, also leading and busting durrs azz in the joke challenge
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #107
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥
 
bokehlicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 39,872
bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNey On My MiNd View Post
btw is there anything better than watching durr and GuS HU ? sick million swings in less than 24 hours

Antonius with a fantastic year so far, also leading and busting durrs azz in the joke challenge
Dwan vs Antonius HU is better than Dwan vs Gus.


Oh, and Patrik is GOAT, donkaments don't count
__________________
Proud Supporter of Federer & Djokovic
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #108
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥
 
bokehlicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 39,872
bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNey On My MiNd View Post
btw is there anything better than watching durr and GuS HU ? sick million swings in less than 24 hours
http://www.highstakesdb.com/1104-dur...on-plo-hu.aspx tough end of day at the office for the Great Dane Dwan is awesome but also runs good...
__________________
Proud Supporter of Federer & Djokovic
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #109
bad gambler
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The poker thread

c'mooooon Scotty Nguyen!!!!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #110
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥
 
bokehlicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 39,872
bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Scotty will surely quit poker at the end of the WSOP since there's no way he wins his insane side bet...
__________________
Proud Supporter of Federer & Djokovic
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #111
country flag SwiSha
Registered User
 
SwiSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 39,787
SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
Dwan vs Antonius HU is better than Dwan vs Gus.
in terms of entertainment and tilting no wayyy, these million dollar swings in one day are just priceless
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post

Oh, and Patrik is GOAT, donkaments don't count
Patrik is good , very very very good, but there is only 1 Ivey
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #112
country flag SwiSha
Registered User
 
SwiSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 39,787
SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
http://www.highstakesdb.com/1104-dur...on-plo-hu.aspx tough end of day at the office for the Great Dane Dwan is awesome but also runs good...
i have seen both hot playing great and cold playing just awful calling huge bets with marginals hands, but yeah Dwan got the edge no doubt...great fucking poker talent

craziest thing about the Dane is how he blew almost 3-4 million in a week a month ago or so, that was unreal tilting.. the Donks Dang Brothers and nerd Galfond looking forward to these situations, they wont play anybody else
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #113
country flag SwiSha
Registered User
 
SwiSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 39,787
SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Negreanu with a very good WSOP run so far, he gets deep in almost every tournament
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #114
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥
 
bokehlicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 39,872
bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNey On My MiNd View Post
i have seen both hot playing great and cold playing just awful calling huge bets with marginals hands, but yeah Dwan got the edge no doubt...great fucking poker talent

craziest thing about the Dane is how he blew almost 3-4 million in a week a month ago or so, that was unreal tilting.. the Donks Dang Brothers and nerd Galfond looking forward to these situations, they wont play anybody else
Did you get to see the "famous" hand involving Greenstein, Dwan and Eastgate in this season's HSP? Dwan getting them to fold the best hands with an uber aggressive play, double barreling both the flop and the turn that kid surely isn't playing scared money
__________________
Proud Supporter of Federer & Djokovic
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #115
country flag SwiSha
Registered User
 
SwiSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 39,787
SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
Did you get to see the "famous" hand involving Greenstein, Dwan and Eastgate in this season's HSP? Dwan getting them to fold the best hands with an uber aggressive play, double barreling both the flop and the turn that kid surely isn't playing scared money
that was insane and absolutely brilliant from Dwan, on the other hand a scared play Eastgate folding his trips, Tom knew exactly where he was at in that play and bet Doyle that Peter gave up the best hand

that was brilliant, kid got game
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #116
country flag SwiSha
Registered User
 
SwiSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 39,787
SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

I would like to see less Phil Laak, Esfandiari and these other joke Hollywood players and more Sammy, Ziggy, Patrik, Benyamine, durr, Ivey etc in HSP

too much bs talking and bad players for my taste
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #117
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥
 
bokehlicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 39,872
bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNey On My MiNd View Post
that was insane and absolutely brilliant from Dwan, on the other hand a scared play Eastgate folding his trips, Tom knew exactly where he was at in that play and bet Doyle that Peter gave up the best hand

that was brilliant, kid got game
Sick reading by Durrrr here, indeed... Eastgate's mistake is on the flop imo, he should definitely have reraised, Dwan wouldn't have gone over the top and probably folded. By just calling the 30k$ on the flop and basically told the other guys his hand... trips no kicker... Dwan took advantage of the big stacks (Dwan and Eastage had around 500k$ each when the hand started). Eastage was either "way ahead or way behind" and he knew it. Eastage felt like he wouldn't want to invest his entire stack (he invested less than 10% of it so far) on such situation and chose to fold on the turn. Dwan could have had possibly only 3 hands in his range at this point: tens full, better trips (something like A2) or air... He took the wrong decision in the end, but I'm sure he would've made a far bigger mistake had he been stacked off by better trips (or tens full).
__________________
Proud Supporter of Federer & Djokovic
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #118
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥
 
bokehlicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 39,872
bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNey On My MiNd View Post
I would like to see less Phil Laak, Esfandiari and these other joke Hollywood players and more Sammy, Ziggy, Patrik, Benyamine, durr, Ivey etc in HSP

too much bs talking and bad players for my taste
True, Laak is annoying and is totally owned by such a lineup... Antonio is a nice guy but indeed talks too much

Imo, a perfect lineup for HSP would be 6 handed and look like: Patrik, Ivey, Durrr, Zigmund, Benyamine and Sammy for entertaining purpose.

No more Doyle, Daniel, Helmuth, Laak, etc...
__________________
Proud Supporter of Federer & Djokovic
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #119
country flag SwiSha
Registered User
 
SwiSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 39,787
SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
Sick reading by Durrrr here, indeed... Eastgate's mistake is on the flop imo, he should definitely have reraised, Dwan wouldn't have gone over the top and probably folded. By just calling the 30k$ on the flop and basically told the other guys his hand... trips no kicker... Dwan took advantage of the big stacks (Dwan and Eastage had around 500k$ each when the hand started). Eastage was either "way ahead or way behind" and he knew it. Eastage felt like he wouldn't want to invest his entire stack (he invested less than 10% of it so far) on such situation and chose to fold on the turn. Dwan could have had possibly only 3 hands in his range at this point: tens full, better trips (something like A2) or air... He took the wrong decision in the end, but I'm sure he would've made a far bigger mistake had he been stacked off by better trips (or tens full).
yep spot on analysis
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #120
country flag SwiSha
Registered User
 
SwiSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 39,787
SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
True, Laak is annoying and is totally owned by such a lineup... Antonio is a nice guy but indeed talks too much

Imo, a perfect lineup for HSP would be 6 handed and look like: Patrik, Ivey, Durrr, Zigmund, Benyamine and Sammy for entertaining purpose.

No more Doyle, Daniel, Helmuth, Laak, etc...
couldnt agree more, thats a perfect HSP lineup full of aggressive gamblers, i might even add Gus into the mix, also i would like them to play a lot more PLO since this is already the most played game online and generates just so much more action

Doyle is annoying, Phil is more interested in the Tv time and Daniel just talks too damn much and really played awful on almost every HSP season losing a ton..
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios