New keen tennis beginner! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
country flag nayden

nayden is on a distinguished road
Default New keen tennis beginner!

Hi guys im new to these forums and im here because i need your advice!

basically im going to keep it short as 5minutes ago i wrote out a nice essay and then pressed back on my mouse before i made the thread so i lost it all anyway...

i go to the gym alot and have recently discovered tennis is an amazing sport wich i enjoy playing loads with my friends and is a great workout for my cardio...

anyway i need a new racket as i havent played since i was about 12 and now im 19 im finally getting back into it and absolutely loving it.

im 19 years old
6ft
13stone
powerful player

so i need a new racket i dont have a budget but i wouldnt like to spend much more than £150... i dont wana buy a cheap racket which will be shit so something nice please guys :P

i live in the UK/essex so could you guys please give me some links to the actuall websites where i can buy the racket from as if you throw loads of names at me ill just get confused so a nice link with the racket and why i should buy it would be amazing!!!

Guys please help me i am totally addicted to tennis me and my friend play every day and constatly talk about it :P

ps jazar your amazing im hopping for some nice advice from you <3!

Thanks alot!

btw sorry for all the boring writing!
nayden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
country flag ghostkid12

ghostkid12 has a reputation beyond reputeghostkid12 has a reputation beyond reputeghostkid12 has a reputation beyond reputeghostkid12 has a reputation beyond reputeghostkid12 has a reputation beyond reputeghostkid12 has a reputation beyond reputeghostkid12 has a reputation beyond reputeghostkid12 has a reputation beyond reputeghostkid12 has a reputation beyond reputeghostkid12 has a reputation beyond reputeghostkid12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New keen tennis beginner!

Sorry dont have link.go out and demo some big name companies.but i would reccomend a k-factor.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:32 AM   #3
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Wilson K Factor Kobra Tour Racquets
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...ON-KOBRAT.html
It has a good head size for intermediante (100) and give less control than pros´s racquet but more power;

Head YOUTEK Speed Elite Racquets
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...EAD-HYTSE.html
"Solid feel from all areas of the court, offering plenty of power for some baseline bashing and lots of mobility up at net"

Babolat Pure Storm Tour Plus Racquets
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...AB-BPSTTP.html
"A racquet that combines both control and some very useful power. With the length comes some extra heft felt during swinging, resulting in a very stable racquet."

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

ok, here are some uk based websites you can check out:

www.tennisnuts.com
www.pwp.com
www.wigmoresports.com

there are loads of rackets out there you could consider. the ones mentioned by the poster above will probably be a bit challenging for you as they are more players rackets.

you could check out rackets such as the head youtek speed lite, which is a nice, easy to get on with racket. its fairly light (as the name might suggest) with a decent size sweetspot. i was rather impressed with when i hit with it. or, seeing as you're a pretty big guy, you could try the head microgel radical team, which is the same headsize but a little heavier, so will provide a touch more control.

other brands will always have equivalents to these frames. babolat have the aero strike and drive z tour (soon to be discontinued and replaced by the pure drive light, i believe). prince have the ozone 7 (dont bother with the exo3 red, its very similar to the ozone 7, just a lot more expensive). dunlop have the aerogel 500. wilson have the kzen team fx and the ktour team fx.

check out the websites and look up those rackets. if have have any more questions, just let me know
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
country flag nayden

ok first of all thanks for the help guys!

http://www.tennisnuts.com/shop/tenni...te-678412.html

http://www.tennisnuts.com/shopscr6194.html

now are these the two head rackets you suggested? because there are so many different names its confusing...

jazar if you were in my shoes which racket would you go for out of the ones you have posted? and could you please post a link to it from tennisnuts.com i want to make sure i buy the right one!

thanks!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, those are the head rackets i mentioned.

i would be inclined towards either the head microgel radical team or the prince ozone 7 (http://www.tennisnuts.com/shopscr6330.html). if you've been out of the game for a while the prince will be more forgiving and easier to use, but if you're looking to get back into it quite a bit then the radical team my be the best bet.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
country flag nayden

ok thanks alot for your help jazar i will go for the head microgel radical team im sure ill be fine with a bit of practice...

now which website do i order it from out of the two listed below

http://www.tennisnuts.com/shopscr6194.html

http://www.pwp.com/tennisrackets.asp...nnis%20rackets

also what grip size? and also should i go for a custom stringing option i dont mind paying an extra £10 if it helps.

is there anything else i need to know about the racket? how long will it last me approximately?

the pwp website offers Head FXP 16 for £9.99 or Head Sonic Pro 1.25 for £8.99 is it worth going for any of these? or should i just buy it from the tennisnuts website? which one would be better?

thanks sorry for all these questions but i just wana make sure i buy the right racket!
Old 06-09-2009, 03:18 AM   #8
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I sugested intermediate-adavanced racquets because I believe that if you can play with them they are very good racquets, also when you get better they will be very useful, but I didn´t know you were a beginner, so sorry.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #9
country flag jazar

to measure grip size you ideally need a racket in your hand. when you hold the racket you should have a small fingers width gap between your palm and the edge of your fingertips. i imagine you would need at least a size 3.

for the stringing, sonic pro is a polyester, so its a little stiffer. you would probably be better off with the fxp string, as it is softer and more playable.

i've used both tennisnuts and pwp before. they both give good deals on the rackets and are reliable