More News - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #151
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More News

on may 17 i watched andre/steffi vs tim/kim match,

today i found that there was separate match Andre vs Tim...
does someone have a link to that match video?
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #152
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Andre Agassi met Anton Carter, Golden Ticket winner, at Wimbledon

Andre Agassi met Anton Carter, who won the Golden Ticket competition for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, at Wimbledon.
Carter was selected from more than 100,000 entries, inclusive of all ticket purchasers to date.

The young tennis fan received a signed Golden Ticket from Agassi and was upgraded to a premium seat for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, to be held from 22-29 November at The O2 arena.

“Anton really enjoyed meeting Andre Agassi at Wimbledon. It was an experience he will never forget. It was such a massive surprise for Anton to win the Golden Ticket to the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. We are really looking forward to seeing the world’s top tennis players in the world play at The O2 this November.” said Paul Carter, who accompanied his son on the visit.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:58 AM   #153
country flag Stephan

Andre's official (?) site http://agassiopen.com/
still exist.

I find "Our" Andre's section here is much more informative
Old 06-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #154
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't visited Andre's site nor Steffi's site for a long time!
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:31 AM   #155
country flag OrdinaryfoolisNJ

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a clip today on Tennis Channel during the FO replay of matches with Andre talking about Agassi Prep. There were several students also talking about how they never thought they'd go to college. I couldn't record it -- and anyway I came in on it late. But if you have TTC, check it out. I'm sure it'll air again.

Also, someone on the Steffi thread on the women's board reported that French TV is offering a 45 minute documentary with interviews with Steffi and Andre and the 10 year anniversary of their French Open victories to air before the men's singles final. It's on France2?

If anyone in Europe can record this, can you please share with us via Youtube???? Many thanks in advance.
OrdinaryfoolisNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:31 AM   #156

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Andre's official (?) site http://agassiopen.com/
still exist.

I find "Our" Andre's section here is much more informative
Definitely not official. First, Andre's birthday is wrong, and at the bottom it says they're not affiliated with Andre. This site is much better thanks to you Stephan and the many others who share so unselfishly.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #157

This TMobile commercial for Germany is too funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVqqv...eature=related
Old 06-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #158

I sure wish that someone would upload the English version. But this is still great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBY8v...eature=related

Part 1 of 5 (all 5 are there) of Steffi Graf Biography.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #159
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

I would appreciate an English version as well
Old 07-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #160
country flag Stephan

Andre will play soon on July 12, 2009

Andre Agassi playing to fight breast cancer—Tickets on sale NOW!By Mel Fabrikant Monday, June 29 2009, 02:00 PM EDT

Andre Agassi Legendary tennis great will appear in Cole Schotz Celebrity Match at The Kennedy Funding Invitational on July 12

Tennis legend Andre Agassi, a favorite among fans and players throughout his 20+ year career, will appear at The Kennedy Funding Invitational, a charity tennis tournament to raise awareness and funding to fight breast cancer. The fourth annual event will be held July 8-12 at Dellwood Country Club in New City, NY. In addition to Men’s and Women’s tournaments, the Cole Schotz Celebrity Match has become a highlight of the annual festivities. The Celebrity Match will be on Sunday, July 12 at 4:00 pm.

A limited number of tickets are available to the Andre Agassi match at $100 each. Tickets can be purchased at ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets. To charge tickets by phone, call (800) 745-3000. Seating is limited and tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets for the tournament matches are free and can be obtained by visiting the tournament’s official website at www.thekennedyfundinginvitational.com.

In just its first three years, The Kennedy Funding Invitational has raised $3 million to benefit The Leslie Simon Breast Care and Cytodiagnosis Center at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center and the Breast Center at Nyack Hospital. Past participants in the Celebrity Match have included former tennis greats Pete Sampras and John McEnroe.

This year, Agassi takes the spotlight at The Kennedy Funding Invitational. Known for his aggressive play and flamboyant style, Agassi was a favorite among fans and players throughout his 21-year career, winning an Olympic Gold Medal and a total of 68 titles. He is one of only five male players to have won all four Grand Slam singles titles and the all four Grand Slam singles titles on three different surfaces. He was ranked the Number 1 player in the world during both 1995 and 1999 and consistently ranked among the top 10 throughout his career. Now retired from competition, he isfocused on the work of his Foundation. The Andre Agassi Foundation is dedicated to transforming U.S. public education for underserved youth. At the center of the Foundation’s mission is the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy, a K-12 charter school located in Las Vegas’ most socio-economically disadvantaged neighborhood. More information is available at www.agassifoundation.org only men’s player to have won.

To find out more about becoming a sponsor, or for information on tickets for the tournament matches, please visit www.thekennedyfundinginvitational.com.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:47 AM   #161
country flag Stephan

Yes, Andre got a hard schedule in 2009
I did hear they are discussing his short visit to Armenia too...
Old 07-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #162
country flag Stephan

Agassi to be honored on first night of US Open 2009
The Associated Press
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Andre Agassi is coming back to the U.S. Open.

The two-time champion will headline the Grand Slam tournament's opening night ceremony on Aug. 31, celebrating athletes' charity work.

He began the Andre Agassi Foundation in 1994, the year of his first title at Flushing Meadows. He also won the 1999 U.S. Open for the fifth of his eight Grand Slam titles.

Agassi ended his 21-year career there when he retired after the 2006 tournament.

Among his foundation's main efforts is the charter school in Las Vegas named for the tennis star. It graduated its first senior class in June, sending all 34 students to college.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #163
country flag Stephan

Agassi to be honored on first night of US Open 2009
Old 07-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #164
country flag camilia

Thanks Stephan, I hope they show that on TV or at least find a livestream
Old 07-11-2009, 03:08 AM   #165
country flag Stephan

short update:
Jul. 08, 2009
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

LEFTOVERS: Agassi continues to serve
Andre Agassi returns to center stage of the U.S. Open next month, and he won't even have to work up a sweat or swing a tennis racket.

The Las Vegan and a few other sports figures will be honored for their charitable work on Aug. 31 during opening-night ceremonies.

The eight-time Grand Slam winner founded the Andre Agassi Foundation in 1994, the same year he won his first of two Open titles. The organization has raised nearly $75 million to provide opportunities for at-risk youth in Southern Nevada.

The Las Vegas charter school that bears Agassi's name graduated its first high school class this year.

Later this month, Agassi, 39, will compete in two matches for the Philadelphia Freedom in the World Team Tennis league.

Even in retirement, he's never far from the court....