Terrible ticket trouble - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-12-2004, 01:17 AM   #1
country flag jorgon

jorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Terrible ticket trouble

I'm having real problems trying to get tickets for the Madrid Masters Series and I wonder if anyone else has been having similar problems or has found a solution.
There is only one on-line agent at www.ServiCaixa.com but none of my credit cards, nor those of my wife work on this site. If I try to telephone them (yes, using the correct codes) the number is not recognised.
I have managed to get through to the site managers office on +34 91 526 57 76, and have spoken to someone there a couple of times, but despite sending four emails and four faxes to that office, I can get no written response to confirm a ticket reservation and to tell me how to pay. They do not accept credit cards and expect to be paid directly into their bank account, which of course is tricky and speculative if you can't get proper confirmation.
I have been trying for about a week.
Help!
jorgon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2004, 03:27 AM   #2
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrible ticket trouble

See if your local travel agent can help you. Perhaps they have a connection in Madrid who can help you book the tickets and confirm that the sale is legitimate. Is there some type of tour company advertised on the official tournament site? That might work as well. Do you have your hotel reservation? Can the hotel concierge book the tickets for you? I understand not wanting to do it through your bank. At least with a credit card, you have some protection.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:09 AM   #3
country flag jorgon

jorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond reputejorgon has a reputation beyond repute

These are good ideas, thanks Fee.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #4
country flag jorgon

Having still not heard from the site manager's office, I decided to try the "foreign customers" telephone number for the agency selling the tickets. Unfortunately the person who answered did not speak English and my Spanish was not good enough to proceed.

Eventually I found a way to e-mail the agency and the reply was as follows:-

Quote:
Dear Jeremy,

Concerning your message on 15/9/2004, tell you that the payment of tickets
through our system is not available by cards issued from abroad nowadays.

This restriction is ordered by Visa International that does not allow to
accept payments by foreign cards for security reasons and to prevent
possible fraudulent uses.

Then, if you don't have Spanish cards it won't be possible to buy through
our different channels.

Thank you very much to get in touch with us.

info@serviticket.es
Now I know what's wrong with the site, I can set about trying to find someone with a Spanish credit card who can purchase a couple of tickets on my behalf.

Edit: Just after writing the above, I finally received something from the site manager's office who say they have had serious problems with the lines (internet, outlook, fax) for a few days. I now have details how to get the money to their bank account. If I can now find a reasonable method of getting the money into their bank account under the correct reference this tale may have a happy ending.

So the moral of this story so far for people who don't hold spanish credit cards and who don't speak Spanish is to ring Laura on +34 91 526 57 76, book the seats you want (you can see what seats are available from www.servicaixa.es) wait for bank details and then send the money.

Last edited by jorgon : 09-15-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:54 PM   #5
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow... this is gonna be trouble for me to get some tickets then! That's stupid though, if you ask me, that you can't use creditcards... I'm sure there are plenty of people from outside Spain who want to go! *sigh* I hope it will work out... Thanks for the info by the way!

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Eruwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #6
country flag jorgon

A happy ending.

I paid for my tickets using my bank's "Relay" transfer system which costs £10. It takes 5 working days for the money to arrive at the recipient's bank. It's quicker if you pay more.

The money must have arrived because I have now been told that my tickets will be waiting to be picked up at the tournament.

Throughout, the ticket office at the tournament were very courteous and pleasant - the hickup was that all their lines were down for a while.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:39 AM   #7
jtipson

jtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it worked out fine in the end, jorgon. I had a few problems last year booking through El Corte Ingles over the internet (it required a Spanish national id number), and then over the phone they couldn't take my Mastercard (Visa was ok though).

To pick up tickets, there's a couple of temporary cabins opposite the entrance, which is round the back of the arena, and you normally have to show ID and proof of payment. Be warned the queue can be quite long, so go before the matches are due to start (I missed about an hour of the Ferrero/Ferreira match)! If you've bought box seats you pick them up inside the VIP entrance.

Hope you have a great time
jtipson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:55 PM   #8
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

oh no i dont lik d sound of this! im hoping 2 go der nxt yr n the fact that i dont got credit cards r a bank account cud b a prob (but then again im only 16 so it cant b xpected!)

can i ask a few questions??

how much wer the tickets?
did u get gud seats?
r u stayin in a hotel r sumthing near the stadium n if so what 1 is it?!

sorry if im bein 2 nosey but im tryin 2 build up my info of d tournament!

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:43 AM   #9
country flag jorgon

I all worked perfectly. There was no queue to pick up the tickets and everyone was very pleasant. It is a good stadium and the seats were comfortable. The tennis was magnificent.
We stayed at the Hotel Campomanes near Opera. You can walk from there to the tournament going past the palace, but the easiest way is to get to Lago metro station. There weren't any signs showing where to go outside the station but you just follow the crowd. On the way back we caught the bus, crossing over the dual carriageway on the southern side of the stadium and continuing to a smaller street behind. The 39 goes back to the hotel, or you can get a bus to Principe Pio and change there.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #10
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

glad 2 hear all went well! what matches did you see? the atmosphere must be brilliant, it always looks so electric on the tv! was the hotel near the airport?

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:33 AM   #11
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute

Hey roisin! I went there as well, I'd be happy to tell you about it! Do you have msn? Mine's gabs_80@hotmail.com

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Eruwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote