The "Ready to get down & dirty aka clay season 09" thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #106
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Ready to get down & dirty aka clay season 09" thread

I hadn't even noticed they've changed the homepage over there, it's written in the first person now!
It still says he "should play" on Tuesday, but yes, it's starting to sound really official.

Thanks a lot, Marion - tu prends des risques de dire ça avec une accro comme moi. On va essayer de pas abuser, mais c'est noté!
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #107
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

2nd match on the Lenglen
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #108
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Great find, Daniela, he was filled with admiration for Gaël's game!
The full video is here, for those who are interested:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OSZTVTTS

There are mixed news about his knee, looks like yesterday's training session was tough again and they expect the problem with the knee to flare up at any moment. I understand he wants to give it a try, but it's going to be stressful to watch him play under those conditions!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #109
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Great find, Daniela, he was filled with admiration for Gaël's game!
The full video is here, for those who are interested:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OSZTVTTS

There are mixed news about his knee, looks like yesterday's training session was tough again and they expect the problem with the knee to flare up at any moment. I understand he wants to give it a try, but it's going to be stressful to watch him play under those conditions!
i know this haven't any connection with monfils but please do you know where i can find ivanisevic's matches versus: becker (wimbledon '90), sampras (wimbledon '92), becker (wimbledon '94) and sampras (us open '96).

Last edited by petar_pan : 05-26-2009 at 02:13 PM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #110
country flag Truc

No idea, sorry.

Who hasn't had the disease of Osgood-Schlatter? The commentator (Arnaud Boetsch) had it, Golovin (co-commentator): "Moi aussi!", Gilles said last time he had it too, even the journalist of "Carrément tennis"...

The knee issue almost is a blessing in disguise so far for Gaël's game, he shortens the points, doesn't overdo it and is focused. It's weird to see him so close to his baseline on clay!
But Bobby is awful too.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #111
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

On France2.fr (because the stupid TV is showing a random WTA match whose players I never heard about before), Laurent Recouderc is commenting Gael's match. Judging by his slow and low voice I could have swore for a few games that it was Chardy commenting

He's funny, he made a joke about yesterday, how he being from Toulouse was supposed to have the advantage over Paulo who is from Strasbourg, because of the heat on the court. But he's saying Paulo cheated because he used to train in Florida so he was more used than him to the heat

He's making comments about the time in the INSEP with Gael and Gilles too. Gael didn't change at all, always making jokes and being very natural and a lot of fun, and also that the guys used to tease him a lot about his glasses. About Gilles, the other commentator asks "you were in his room, right ?" and he answered "yeah, I was sleeping with him... I mean, uh, you know what I mean" Gilles didn't change at all either, the success didn't get to his head and they still enjoy hanging out together from time to time. It seems Gael & Ouanna were in the room next door, very close to theirs.

Last edited by Keijan : 05-26-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #112
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Very very easy He's really fine
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #113
country flag Truc

You're lucky, I would stay on france2.fr if I were you then, I turned the sound off here because Boetsch and Chamoulaud are getting on my nerves!

I hadn't even realized Recouderc is the same generation as Gaël.
I don't know him well, but he seems really nice and easy-going judging by the way the others talk about him. He makes me laugh, he's always snuggling up to another player in group pics.

Wow, Gaël is on fire!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #114
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #115
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

6-2 6-3 6-1 Nice Gael. I didn't see anything of the match. How was the knee looking?
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #116
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but the quality is terrible I don't even see the ball. Plus Recouderc is gone now.

Amazing demonstration, but he signed himself after the match point and basically said he was only able to play thanks to God. I don't really like that
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #117
country flag Truc

Last year's theme ("Pome!") was funnier indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Gray View Post
How was the knee looking?
He said just after the match that it was hurting a little bit at the end. But his movement was looking fine to me.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #118
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched the match. Gael looked very very good! His movement looked free and he didnt seem in pain.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #119
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

so glad he won, next opponent is Melzer like last year, good luck Gael
During the match, Gael was following Jo's match on the livescore and he was very happy when he won , sisi la famille!!
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #120
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

How did you know he was following Jo's match?

Good and easy win Gael
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote