Andrei Pavel cheering thread - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #931
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrei Pavel- he's back- cheering thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
after the match I went to the fence where he was signing autographs and said well done. He looked up and when he saw it was me he have of a high five
Haha ok sorry that was supposed to say that he gave me a high five.
Sorry I'm typing from my phone!
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #932
country flag cc2monac

cc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond repute

it's ok peta, we understood you
I'm happy andrei was able to win a match in doubles...a lil bit old compares to the others but still great our dear andrei!

thx for all the stories
ps: I laughed when I read that you took a pic with horia cause he is hot!

sergei fedorov sasha cohen sheva rafa nadal

kimi raikkonen...F1 world champion 2007

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

My heart belongs to Romania
cc2monac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #933
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2monac View Post
it's ok peta, we understood you
I'm happy andrei was able to win a match in doubles...a lil bit old compares to the others but still great our dear andrei!

thx for all the stories
ps: I laughed when I read that you took a pic with horia cause he is hot!
They won their 2nd round match too, but then the lost on Sunday to the Polish 6th seeds That match was on one of the big show courts but there weren't many people there... on their way out on to the court I did my usually extremely loud clap and Andrei turned and looked up into the stands to see who was clapping He smiled and acknowledged me when he saw me

BTW, I love Horia coz he's lovely too Being hot is a big bonus

I miss them already
Old 01-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #934
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Ooh and there will be more photos going in my photobucket account when they are all edited... but I want to post now my photo with Andrei
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andrei and me Resize.jpg (207.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 02-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #935
country flag cc2monac

cc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond repute

oh! that's quite a lovely picture! thx a lot for sharing peta! you look really great on it, so happy I must say...and andrei looks perfect of course, as usual (though I don't really like his shirt)
thx again, can't wait to see the other pix

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

Old 02-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #936
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
New Captains on the Block
The Davis Cup World Group is welcoming three new captains to its midst this year - Spain welcomes Albert Costa, Romania embraces Andrei Pavel and Argentina greets Modesto (Tito) Vasquez.

Without a doubt, the most intriguing leadership change has to be Spain.

Defending champion Spain promoted Costa, the 2002 French Open champion and former team coach to the captaincy when Emilio Sanchez, fresh from leading Spain to its third Davis Cup title in November, vacated the position.

Spain is a 21st Century Davis Cup powerhouse – they’ve ruled the competition on three occasions in the last eight years, winning the prestigious competition with three different captains - Javier Duarte in 2000, Jordi Arrese in 2004 and Sanchez in 2008.

Costa, however, isn’t nervous that there’s undue pressure on him to immediately deliver another Davis Cup title. He’s just thrilled to have received the vote of confidence to lead Spain’s future Davis Cup efforts.

“Well, I think for me it is an honor to be the Davis Cup captain,” said Costa. “I’m glad to do it and I know it’s a great responsibility. I think I’m lucky to have a very good team, everybody is involved."

Costa is fortunate to have a star-studded cast of characters to field his dream team, a situation that would make any Davis Cup captain envious. World No. 1 Rafael Nadal, No. 9 Fernando Verdasco, David Ferrer, Tommy Robredo, Feliciano Lopez and Nicolas Almagro are ready to be called to duty.

“I know to do better than last year is impossible,” said Costa, chuckling at the notion of improvement. “But I am going to work hard to create a good atmosphere in the team. I know that every year Spain has a chance to win.”

Spain’s advantage in the first round is a home court advantage. Their disadvantage is drawing one of the more formidable first round encounters against Serbia, who boast a top notch squad of 2008 Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic, crafty Janko Tipsarevic, and doubles impresario Nenad Zimonjic.

“Serbia is a very tough one,” Costa said. “They have very good players and they are very motivated, so it will be an interesting tie. But Spain is a very tough team, especially on clay, so we are tough to beat, especially in Spain, for sure.

“Everybody is expecting us to win the first match but I know it is complicated. People who understand about sports know you cannot win all the time, but we will do our job 100 percent.”

Romania selected Pavel as player-captain in an effort to provide the other team players with a mentor they can easily relate to.

Pavel remembers having close ties with two captains he’s played for during his career – former player Florin Segarceanu and past Romanian National champion Adrian Marku. So he understood why it was felt that this latest group of Romanian players would benefit from hearing a more generationally appropriate voice.

“The young kids coming right now don’t have the same contact with them (Segarceanu and Marku), they have it more with me,” Pavel said. “They respected that and they said, "You know what, it’s your time right now and you can help them more than we can, so that was the reason for the change.”

Victor Hanescu, the most prominent singles player for Romania today, supported the hiring of Pavel.

“I think it’s very interesting and I think it’s a very good idea for him to be the Romanian Davis Cup captain,” Hanescu said. “I think it’s very important for us because he’s played a lot of Davis Cup matches. He has a lot of experience. He knows exactly what to tell you when you are down and need support. I think he’s already a very good coach because we’ve started already to practice with him. He told us of his interest to be the Davis Cup captain and everybody was delighted to have Andrei with us.”

For Pavel, he was so moved to receive the nod he didn’t lose any time in assembling his team for a shared outing to the mountains at the end of last year. Pavel is hopeful that the early work with the team, including during the Australian Open, will help them in their quest when they host Russia in the first round.

And what will make him happy? If his team delivers the best performance they can, win or lose.

“Super heroes come and go,” Pavel said. “Maybe we won’t have a super hero tomorrow, but I want to help the ones who are there so we have a good chance.”

When it came to the 2008 final, Argentina appeared in excellent shape to reel in their first Davis Cup title when they hosted Spain for the final. They have a distinguished roster of players – top tenners Juan Martin Del Potro and David Nalbandian, as well as Jose Acasuso, and Agustin Calleri on tap. And to add to their supposed leverage an injured Nadal stayed home.

But events did not turn out as hoped and Argentine captain Alberto Mancini decided to step away from the captaincy following the emotional loss.

When looking around for Mancini’s replacement, the Argentina Tennis Association keyed in on Vasquez, their Development Director, who played two Davis Cup ties back at the beginning of the Open Era.

While there were some questions asking why someone of the stature of Argentine superstar Guillermo Vilas, a four-time Grand Slam champion, was not given the nod to take charge after showing an interest, Vasquez was a candidate who had a solid working relationship with the ATA.

“He's a good person,” said Del Potro, who is likely to be a pivotal member of the first round team who will face the Netherlands at home. “He has a lot of experience in Davis Cup. We are happy with the captain. I don't speak too much with him because I don't have time. He's very good. He has good players in his team, so we have to try to win Davis Cup for the first time.”

Davis Cup is always a special yearly adventure. The addition of watching how these new captains on the block command their team will only enhance the excitement surrounding the 2009 competition.
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsart...rticleid=15569
Old 02-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #937
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Thanks for that Edu

I was so totally excited for him when he told me he would be captain and I know he'd be perfect for it!

I saw him working a lot with the Romanian guys at the AO whether it be during his own training sessions or just as a coach watching over them. They all have a really good association with each other and I hope they can get some new talent through in the next few years
Old 02-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #938
country flag cc2monac

this is so great for him, the davis cup is so important to him and he was really proud last year at RG when he told me he was working with the team and with the young romanians, I hope he'll have great results because he sure will put all his heart in it and so it will surely make him more than happy

best of luck to the romanian team and their super new coach

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #939
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Hey

I forgot to post my Andrei photos earlier!! I have all my AO photos uploaded to my photobucket album now so here is the link to my album:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...20Open%202009/

LOTS of Andrei in there (and the photos are in alphabetical order by first name so Andrei is early in the album )

and Cindy... plenty of Rafa in there too if you keep looking

Old 05-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #940
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Andrei Pavel is playing qualies in Zagreb Challenger

I guess he is missing the circuit. Good luck to him.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:14 AM   #941
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconek View Post
Andrei Pavel is playing qualies in Zagreb Challenger

I guess he is missing the circuit. Good luck to him.
haha yeah he just played doubles in Belgrade and he's also on the entry list for RG.

Seems his back is feeling better again and he's decided to do what he originally planned for this year - his farewell tour

Good luck Andrei!!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #942
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Oh, I missed him in Belgrade doubles draw.

In Zagreb qualies, he lost in second round

Good luck in RG, Andrei
Old 05-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #943
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in RG!

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #944
country flag lucian_iasi

lucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond repute

Kitzbuhel doubles semifinal:
Andrei Pavel/Horia Tecau vs Knowle/Melzer 6-7(1),6-3,15-13
Old 05-27-2009, 01:53 AM   #945
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

It was so depressing seeing him play today. I saw him in the last few games. And match point was so mediocre
I am so upset

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote