Dinara Part 2 - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #181
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE ON 20th APRIL! 3 more days!!

Greedy much Penguin?
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2009, 01:06 AM   #182
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

not at all
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:35 AM   #183
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the article and translation, girls! As usual, he sounds even more soft spoken in his translated interviews.
yarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #184
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE ON 20th APRIL! 2 more days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
It was made by Russian reporter after the official post-match press conference.

Steppy, I'll try to translate few of this words, that I think summarize best the whole interview:
"I play matches and tournament like before. Some places I win, some places I lose. Some places I play better, some places worse."

Nothing too dramatic. IMHO he still tries to win matches, still tries to do something well (hence the pressure that he denies), but mentality has always been of a trick to him. That's part of his whole brilliance, after all As Irochka pointed out, at some point he might get afraid he'll win
That's exactly what I meant by "chocking". And that's what annoys me. You know last year I got used to the idea he didn't have the game anymore. He was losing matches that I couldn't picture him winning anyway. But in the past weeks he did play well enough to go further in tournaments. Except he didn't because he lost matches he should have won. That's irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSonja View Post
Uhhh... I don't speak Croatian, but from Google Translate it seems like she's been training in Munich and is in relatively good spirits. It also sounds like she might have fired her fitness coach, but it's Google Translate, so who knows?
oh
As long as she doesn't fire Krajan ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
where's our RG and wimby titles

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #185
country flag Meliana

Meliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond repute

A remark from my TV commentator about Dinara being Nr.1 next Monday:
«As Serena will lose the points from her victory in Charleston last year, Safina will pass her in the rankings and become the Nr.1, which will seem a bit strange as she hasn't done much lately...»

I know she hasn't won a GS and that is the crown jewel in every player's career, but this sentence «Hasn't done much lately?» just pissed me off! A ranking consists of the points collected over a 52 week period and in that period all she did was to win Berlin, Los Angeles, Montréal, Tokyo, reach the final at Roland Garros, 's-Hertogenbosch, the Olympics, Sydney and the Australian Open.
Meliana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #186
country flag RedSonja

RedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
oh
As long as she doesn't fire Krajan ()
Will never happen. Dinara--> (The interview ended with her saying that she had to leave because she and Zeljko were going to the Bayern/Barcelona match... does his wife know about this? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana View Post
I know she hasn't won a GS and that is the crown jewel in every player's career, but this sentence «Hasn't done much lately?» just pissed me off! A ranking consists of the points collected over a 52 week period and in that period all she did was to win Berlin, Los Angeles, Montréal, Tokyo, reach the final at Roland Garros, 's-Hertogenbosch, the Olympics, Sydney and the Australian Open.
I know.
RedSonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #187
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana View Post
A remark from my TV commentator about Dinara being Nr.1 next Monday:
«As Serena will lose the points from her victory in Charleston last year, Safina will pass her in the rankings and become the Nr.1, which will seem a bit strange as she hasn't done much lately...»

so true

Old 04-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #188
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

It's official now!!! Dinawa's numbah one!!!

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1...ContentID=3176
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #189
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, she is and it proved to me once more why her brother doesn't even read Russian press One sports' newspaper celebration for her becoming Nr. 1 is a huge article, where at length they say how cold, arrogant and bitchy she is. She being cute just for camera, her brother being a jerk too. I have read half of it, and was pissed beyond words

Dinara, stay on top and prove those idiots what you are made of
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.

Last edited by AnnieNik : 04-20-2009 at 03:26 PM.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #190
country flag lauki22

lauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it is and it proved to me once more why her brother doesn't even read Russian press One sports' newspaper celebration for her becoming Nr. 1 is a huge article, where at length they say how cold, arrogant and bitchy she is. She being cute just for camera, her brother being a jerk too. I have read half of it, and was pissed beyond words

Really???? i don´t now why they said that.... Dinara never goes to parties and things like that!! she works a lot... I can undertand Marat.... even if he is not but Dinara!!!.???

"Carros de FuEgO"
lauki22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #191
country flag lauki22

lauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond reputelauki22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, she is and it proved to me once more why her brother doesn't even read Russian press One sports' newspaper celebration for her becoming Nr. 1 is a huge article, where at length they say how cold, arrogant and bitchy she is. She being cute just for camera, her brother being a jerk too. I have read half of it, and was pissed beyond words

It is an article on the web??? do you have the link please???

"Carros de FuEgO"
lauki22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #192
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauki22 View Post
It is an article on the web??? do you have the link please???
that's the link

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/328368
Old 04-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #193
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it is and it proved to me once more why her brother doesn't even read Russian press One sports' newspaper celebration for her becoming Nr. 1 is a huge article, where at length they say how cold, arrogant and bitchy she is. She being cute just for camera, her brother being a jerk too. I have read half of it, and was pissed beyond words

This "article" killed me. I could expect anything from russian media but not this. Today is a big day for russian tennis and today is a big happy day for Dinara and her family. And what does the leading russian sports newspaper do? Do they write about how hard she worked for this, or about her determination, about tough times and difficulties? No, they come out with an article bitching about Dinara not being nice to the press. It's so low, it's just an attempt to spoil this day for Safin family, attempt to revenge for every time Marat and Dinara refused to give interview to them. Incredible.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #194
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:

jerks

Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #195
country flag AnnieNik

Couldn't agree more. I was shocked, when I saw it and thought at first it's some sick irony or humor. Usually SovSport write nice things, but this one is way beyond any journalism. they deserve not to even see any of the Safins for the rest of their lives, let leave have an interview Those idiots critisize Safin parents for how they brought up their kids...that;s just