aerogel 300 isn't heavy enough! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
country flag big_don

big_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond repute
Default aerogel 300 isn't heavy enough!

hi,

i just got an aerogel 300 (not 4D) from my local shop to dmo with, and at first i thought, while hitting with it, it was an ok racquet that i played well with, but then i realised it was the same weight, or maybe just heavier, than my old racquet (a babolat aero strike) and i start to like it less and less.

So now i am stuck with an issue, do i stick with it and forget about the weight, or do i go and find a new racquet that is heavier and that may be more suited to my playing style? If so, do you recommend anyt heavier racquets that i should give a go?
big_don is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aerogel 300 isn't heavy enough!

I started out with the 300 and ditched it because of the lack of weight on service returns. I also couldn't hit a topspin 2HBH with it because of the head shape. If you dont have a problem with it other than the weight I would just add some lead tape to the throat.

Also if you like it but want something heavier try the Technifibre T-fight 320 vo2 max thats what I did and I love it
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
country flag big_don

big_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond reputebig_don has a reputation beyond repute

i think that it wasn't just the weight really, it was also the lack of power behind shots, and having to generate ALL of the power myself (obviously a player's racquet isn't for me!)

HOWEVER, i have found another racquet which may work but is slightly more expensive, and that racquet is the aerogel 200, with a denser string pattern and more weight, i think it might be the right racquet for me. What do you think?
Old 04-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

if you are worried about using a players racket and having to generate all the power yourself, then the aerogel 200 is even more of a players racket than the 300 and as its 32.5g heavier, with a smaller head size and denser string pattern than you have to put in even more effort
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #5

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

yea maybe try the 500 tour, it has much more power and stability.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
country flag big_don

thanks, i just saw that racquet as well, and it's only going for like Ł10 more than the 300 so i might try that one out.

thanks.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #7

its good as long as you dont need to hit precision vollies
Old 04-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
country flag big_don

yeh, i'm more of a baseline hitter tbh so that should be alright, i just hope they have it in stock!