Roger news and articles - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #31
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger news and articles

Paris Prep: Federer, Nadal, Murray, Monfils Face Off

By Tennis Week
Sunday, April 12, 2009

Put four-time Roland Garros champion Rafael Nadal, French Open finalist Roger Federer, French Open semifinalist Gael Monfils and US Open runner-up Andy Murray together on a red clay court in Paris this spring and you might be watching the 2009 French Open semifinals, right?

Possibly, but before Roland Garros begins, several of tennis' top players are set to share the court — as teammates and opponents — in a unique new event that will be staged on red clay in Paris providing ideal preparation for the French Open.

Nadal, Federer, Monfils and Murray lead the field for the inaugural Guinot Mary Cohr Masters première tournament, set for May 20-22 at the Paris Golf & Country Club in Rueil-Malmaison on the outskirts of Paris. Eight other players including David Nalbandian, Marat Safin, James Blake, Tommy Haas, Stanislas Wawrinka and the Frenchmen Julien Benneteau and Arnaud Clément will join this dream quartet for an unusual and original set-up. The team competition will feature the same balls and court conditions as Roland Garros.

The 12 players will be divided up into two teams of six, Guinot vs. Mary Cohr, coached by internationally renowned captains. Two best-of-three set matches a day from 1:30 p.m. onwards will commence. Each player will play once only during the three-day tournament and the two captains will challenge one another on the Friday just before the presentation of the trophy. Because the stands are nearer the courts than anywhere else, the spectators will get a close-up of the stars in competition.

A few days away from the kick-off of the Paris Grand Slam, the main contestants of the Musketeers Cup will already feel they are steeped in it. Event organizers say the event "is not an exhibition but rather preparation in ideal conditions. Same climate, same surface, same balls as during Roland-Garros, perfect practice conditions."

For ticket information, please visit www.guinotmarycohrmasters.com or phone 0 825 811 812.

Source: http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fulls...newsid=6630606
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #32
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds interesting.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:00 AM   #33
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/honeymoon-on-hold-for-newlywed-federer-1667934.html
Honeymoon on hold for newly-wed Federer
World No 2 takes up wild card in Monte Carlo Masters after surprise wedding
By Paul Newman in Monte Carlo

Monday, 13 April 2009
AP
Monte Carlo may sound like the perfect honeymoon destination, but this was probably not what Mirka Vavrinec had envisaged. Having married in Switzerland on Saturday, the bride flew here yesterday with her groom so that he could go straight back to work. Business is business, especially when your husband is the world's most famous tennis player and there is an important tournament in the offing.

Vavrinec and Roger Federer, who is playing here in this week's Monte Carlo Masters, met nine years ago at the Sydney Olympics. She has been his constant companion ever since, helping to run his business affairs and supporting him from the side of courts around the world. The couple recently announced they were expecting their first child this summer and on Saturday they married in Federer's home town of Basle.

The wedding was a closely kept secret, with Federer making a simple announcement on his official website. "Dear fans," he said. "Earlier today, in my hometown of Basle, surrounded by a small group of close friends and family, Mirka and I got married. It was a beautiful spring day and an incredibly joyous occasion. Mr and Mrs Roger Federer wish all of you a happy Easter weekend."

News of the wedding came as a surprise to almost everyone. "I had no idea it was happening," one of Federer's closest associates said here yesterday. "I texted him as soon as I heard. He texted back to say he was over the moon and that it was the best day of his life."

The wedding probably explains why Federer had initially chosen to miss this week's tournament, which is the traditional start of the European clay-court season. On Thursday last week, however, the world No 2, presumably with the blessing of his bride-to-be, successfully requested a wild card. Federer joins nine of the world's top 10 players, including Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray. Those two yesterday interrupted their preparations to play an exhibition match to publicise the tournament.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #34
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

so freaking cute

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #35
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Awww Roger that is so sweet "best day of his life"
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #36
country flag Swiss Mountain

Swiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond repute

What puzzle me is why now? why a damn baby now? it's joy, but lots of problems, couldn't she wait until he pass 15 slams? he wants it, more than he wanted a baby as he stated last year.
He's in a crisis and the news of baby and marriage doesn't seems to make him happy: smashing rackets, crying over and over, playing bad...
I'm really afraid for him, and for the baby which might be and fell that he is the 'cause' of Roger's struggle.

Some say she stabbed Roger in the back on Tennisplanet, what do you think?

I REALLY HOPE NO. I'm just puzzled! and a marriage like you know: 'let's do it, and move away, that is just a formality'.
Come back strong Roger.
Swiss Mountain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #37
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

So cute
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #38

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mountain View Post
What puzzle me is why now? why a damn baby now? it's joy, but lots of problems, couldn't she wait until he pass 15 slams? he wants it, more than he wanted a baby as he stated last year.
He's in a crisis and the news of baby and marriage doesn't seems to make him happy: smashing rackets, crying over and over, playing bad...
I'm really afraid for him, and for the baby which might be and fell that he is the 'cause' of Roger's struggle.

I REALLY HOPE NO. I'm just puzzled! and a marriage like you know: 'let's do it, and move away, that is just a formality'.
Come back strong Roger.
apparently you missed the part where roger said it was the happiest day of his life.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #39
country flag Obey.my.dreamz

Obey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond repute

He's lying,.. the best day of his life was when he was born but he wants to be a gentleman ,its nice ^^

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/...fb6fcba8_m.jpg
Obey.my.dreamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #40
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Come back strong Roger.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #41
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
apparently you missed the part where roger said it was the happiest day of his life.
Nah, he would've had more fun on a practice court in Monte Carlo, don't you think?

Old 04-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #42
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if Roger is in MC yet? He is supposed to have a presser today I thought...dunno what time that was scheduled for though
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #43
country flag Spirit_fire

Spirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond repute

So damn adorable...
Spirit_fire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Does anyone know if Roger is in MC yet? He is supposed to have a presser today I thought...dunno what time that was scheduled for though
According to rf.com he arrived on sunday.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #45
country flag PatRafterFan

PatRafterFan has a reputation beyond reputePatRafterFan has a reputation beyond reputePatRafterFan has a reputation beyond reputePatRafterFan has a reputation beyond reputePatRafterFan has a reputation beyond reputePatRafterFan has a reputation beyond reputePatRafterFan has a reputation beyond reputePatRafterFan has a reputation beyond reputePatRafterFan has a reputation beyond reputePatRafterFan has a reputation beyond reputePatRafterFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Come back strong Roger.
this is such bullshit it's not even worth responding to it.

Quote:
News of the wedding came as a surprise to almost everyone. "I had no idea it was happening," one of Federer's closest associates said here yesterday. "I texted him as soon as I heard. He texted back to say he was over the moon and that it was the best day of his life."
gosh, that's so cute
PatRafterFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote