All Nole fans in this forum, please read - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default All Nole fans in this forum, please read

Although most of the regular posters in this forum know about this new policy of MTF, I would like every Nole's fans here be aware about this and I also like to make a suggestion and have a discussion.

The new policy is threads cannot have more than 5000 posts. All those threads with more than 5000 are quarantined in forum accessible only by admins until they figure a way to break them down to smaller threads with less than 5000 posts.

My suggestion is, when you're about to post in a thread that's close to or reached 5000 posts, please start a new thread and PM Serbian forum moderator to close the old thread. Right now, the Nole picture thread is close to 5000 posts and we don't want that thread be hidden from us.

What do you think?
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All Nole fans in this forum, please read

I know it's time consuming but maybe people can search back through the photo thread and delete old posts of theirs that contain dead links?
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
I know it's time consuming but maybe people can search back through the photo thread and delete old posts of theirs that contain dead links?
I don't know if deleting posts will really make the difference. From purely technical point of view (although I'm not sure if the tech team understand it the same way), the deleted posts won't affect the time to load a thread. IMO, the more deleted posts, the more burden for the server to load the thread because those posts are still there, just won't show up for regular posters to see and not in post count. For moderators, they can still see the posts when they load the threads.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
My suggestion is, when you're about to post in a thread that's close to or reached 5000 posts, please start a new thread and PM Serbian forum moderator to close the old thread. Right now, the Nole picture thread is close to 5000 posts and we don't want that thread be hidden from us.

What do you think?
Yes please

Janko Tipsarević

Novak Đoković | Roger Federer | Marcos Baghdatis | Mikhail Youzhny | Andy Murray | Grigor Dimitrov | Juan Martin Del Potro | Dušan Lajović

Jelena_78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Okidoki Miss Lee But we are pretty close already, I'm so afraid we'll forget And my memory is certainly not good enough
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Okidoki Miss Lee But we are pretty close already, I'm so afraid we'll forget And my memory is certainly not good enough
Let's hope slightly over the limit will go under the radar of the "small thread only" patro;.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
country flag kalisita

kalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good. Though, I'm with Ellen in that I hope I can remember.
kalisita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #8
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Although most of the regular posters in this forum know about this new policy of MTF, I would like every Nole's fans here be aware about this and I also like to make a suggestion and have a discussion.

The new policy is threads cannot have more than 5000 posts. All those threads with more than 5000 are quarantined in forum accessible only by admins until they figure a way to break them down to smaller threads with less than 5000 posts.

What do you think?
Great idea that's a precious thread
Noleta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute

We have to be carefull.

around 200 more posts til 5000.

4600 was 15-16 days ago, so probably about 2 weeks, depending on how much material we have.

Janko Tipsarević

Novak Đoković | Roger Federer | Marcos Baghdatis | Mikhail Youzhny | Andy Murray | Grigor Dimitrov | Juan Martin Del Potro | Dušan Lajović

Last edited by Jelena_78 : 04-09-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Jelena_78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

well, if we're slightly over the limit, jessita can actually move the few posts that are over the limit to start a new thread with
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #11
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I'm already planning on closing it when it gets a bit closer... considering he's not even playing right now I didn't think we'd get posts so quickly. If I see it anywhere between 4900-4999 I'll close it though to be safe

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:46 AM   #12
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
Yes I'm already planning on closing it when it gets a bit closer... considering he's not even playing right now I didn't think we'd get posts so quickly. If I see it anywhere between 4900-4999 I'll close it though to be safe
Thanks for being on top of things. I make this suggestion just in case you're not around when things happened. Like when you're in Wimbledon. Probably won't happen when the pics thread reaches the limit but for other threads.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:48 AM   #13
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for being on top of things. I make this suggestion just in case you're not around when things happened. Like when you're in Wimbledon. Probably won't happen when the pics thread reaches the limit but for other threads.
If it takes THAT LONG for the thread to get to 5000 posts, there is something wrong with all of us I expect it to happen within the next week

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:56 AM   #14
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

naaaaah...we're slow plodding snails sometimes and what if the wimby thread explodes because nole's going to kickass on grass and you'renot around to divide it up
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:01 AM   #15
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Let's spam every threads in Serbia forums when Jess is not around.