2009 Clay season - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #46
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Clay season

I think Gilles might go deep in one clay court tournie.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #47
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krn81 View Post
Hi Isabelle,
Well it is difficult to answer today, this clay season looks to be important but I have no idea how it will turn. Monte Carlo will already give some indications. For sure, Nadal will win at least one or 2 tournaments, I will bet on RG and Monte Carlo. The one where lot of others players have a good chance to win is Rome. I think Gillou will play good there and will go far in the draw.
After for the final of RG I was not thinking to Djoko, I think we can have a surprise, a Frenchy (I can still dream) or another one.
I dont think Tsonga will be good on clay, he will just try to get points but the three others french will have probably better results.
I was closed to go to Madrid this year but I decide myself too late, but for sure, next years I will try to see a big tournament on clay. We are realy lucky that all of them are in Europe.
Oh yes, we are so lucky to finally have a good sleep pattern with all the tournaments until Roland Garros in Europe! I will go to Madrid, I have been waiting 2 decades to see a big combined mandatory event in Spain, the benue is a state of the art building!
A french player in the final of Roland Garros will be awesome!! a dream come true!! Gael was so close last year! I don't see Richard doing well at RG, he is better at Wimbledon.
I think we will see the best version of Gilles in Rome and Madrid, don't know how he will handle the pressure at RG, hope he will be smart, not nervous and remain positive.

I don't care about Rafa, I only want to see Gilles winning as much as possible!!
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #48
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish architecture is so uninhibited, I love how the new stadium looks in pictures. Isa, you get to see it and sit inside of it! I am jealous
I'm just itching to watch Gilles play on clay this year. I watched some of the youtube coverage of him from previous years, but it isn't the same. I have no idea what it is like, I've never stepped foot on a clay court in my life, but they make it look so fun, sliding all over the place. I cringe for their ankles and knees every time but they are professionals! Tick tock tick tock...
Old 04-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #49
country flag port37

port37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
I tend to be pretty impatient, so the slower nature of the game doesn't jive with me. The dirt also isn't appealing. I really dislike dirty socks and shoes.
I'm fine with dirty socks as long as I'm not the one who has to clean them

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
Of course, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for me to favor two players who's best surface tends to be clay. Hmmn. They're both fabulous on hardcourts too though. I'll try to think more positively about clay, but I'll probably always be a fast-paced hardcourt lover.
Stan made the final of Rome last year! Only because Andy retired of course I'm kidding!
It is a different sort of excitement clay tennis because you don't get the quickfire winners but even if the tennis doesn't excite you the landscapes can be very pretty such as Monte Carlo and I'm looking forward to the Madrid bullring too, looked great during last year's Spain v USA davis cup tie and I hope to see some photos of Isa getting her bra signed by Gilles

And Isa, I don't think Rafa gets tired! He's played Monte Carlo, Rome, Barca and Hamburg most years and still won RG.

Hopefully Gilles can do really well in at least one of the Masters events, Rome probably is the best bet, it tends to be the one that seems more up for grabs but there are so many dangerous players on clay. I'd love to see him play Federer on clay and beat him again
Old 04-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #50
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Autumn, the work of the new stadium is finished, Lenny Kravitz will be the first singer to perform in the Magic Box.
I was there 1 month ago, it is going to be quite funny with 3 lovely stadiums with retractable roof, the venue is so big, there could be problems trying to follow and find where your fave player is, like where the practise sessions of Gilles will start, there are more than 30 courts.

Hi Alyce! I will do my warmup during the atp 500 Barcelona with Jo, I'll try that he will sign me my panties!! if all goes according to plan I'll be resdy for our Gillou in Madrid! I really hope he will do very well in all 3 MS events before Roland Garros!
the Estadio Manolo Santana, (stadium 1), Estadio Arantxa SV (stadium 2) and Estadio 3 are state of the art buidings
here are some pics:

Allez Gillou!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #51
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

I know what it is now, the stadium reminds me of a butterfly.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:13 AM   #52
country flag isabelle86

Hi dear Autumn, a butterfly, why?
in this web you can see pic of the stadiums as they were in january almost completed
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=507500
Old 04-07-2009, 02:20 AM   #53
country flag anaquot

In one of the photos, with the roofs up like they are wings. In the link you posted though, it is most definitely the magic box
Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 AM   #54
country flag isabelle86

do you like Butterfly?
I don't know why they put a retractable roof to the 3 main stadiums, only Flinders Park will have 3 stadiums with a retractable roof, next year new one at MCA. As you know, it never rains in may or is too hot in Madrid in may.

you told me your feelings towards clay, super cool to read I must say.
which are your feelings towards our Gilles during the clay season, it seems to me you know him well and you're great predicting the outcome of touranments. thanks Autumn!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 AM   #55
country flag anaquot

Me! Making predictions! I only ever hope for Gilles to surprise us with his talent and personality on court I think though, given the right opponent, he will have some more shining moments like last year for us to enjoy.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:04 AM   #56
country flag isabelle86

I admire your humility Autumn, it's one of the most important things in a person and I love the good feelings you always have iinvolving our dear Gilles, the little greek goat!
I can not wait to watch him in Monte Carlo, I hope there will be streams available also of Court des Princes (the 2nd most important at MCCC). Can not wait to see him on coutt.
I admire his personality so much and the way you always talk about Gilles, how will you describe his personality?
very curios, Autumn.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:12 AM   #57
country flag isabelle86

Masters Series Montecarlo!!

Dates: SUNDAY 12–SUNDAY 19 APRIL 2009
Prize Money: €2,750,000
56 DRAW (Q28)

SITE: MONTE-CARLO COUNTRY CLUB
155 AVENUE PRINCESSE GRACE
06190 ROQUEBRUNE CAP MARTIN, FRANCE
SURFACE: RED CLAY
BALL: HEAD ATP
PRIZE MONEY: EUROS. ALL PRIZE MONEY TO BE PAID BY ATP.
WEB SITE: http://montecarlo.masters-series.com...me/default.asp

Qualifying draw: Friday, April 10, 9:00 p.m.
Main draw: Saturday, April 11, Noon
Doubles draw: Saturday, April 11, 6:00 p.m.

ATP Ranking Points
W: 1000
F: 600
SF: 360
QF: 180
R16: 90
R32: 45 (Seeds 1-8: 10)
R64: 10 (WC: 0)
Q: +25
Q14: 14
Q28: 0
Seeding: April 6, 2009

Official Entry List 2009
(ATP Ranking as of 09/03/2009)

1 Nadal, Rafael (ESP)
3 Djokovic, Novak (SRB)
4 Murray, Andy (GBR)
5 Davydenko, Nikolay (RUS)
6 del Potro, Juan Martin (ARG)
8 Simon, Gilles (FRA)
9 Gael Monfils (FRA)
10 Verdasco, Fernando (ESP)
12 Ferrer, David (ESP)
14 Nalbandian, David (ARG)
15 Robredo, Tommy (ESP)
16 Wawrinka, Stanislas (SUI)
18 Stepanek, Radek (CZE)
19 Cilic, Marin (CRO)
21 Almagro, Nicolas (ESP)
22 Berdych, Tomas (CZE)
23 Andreev, Igor (RUS)
24 Gasquet, Richard (FRA)
25 Safin, Marat (RUS)
26 Soderling, Robin (SWE)
28 Karlovic, Ivo (CRO)
29 Ancic, Mario (CRO)
30 Schuettler, Rainer (GER)
32 Kiefer, Nicolas (GER)
33 Mathieu, Paul-Henri (FRA)
34 Lopez, Feliciano (ESP)
35 Montanes, Albert (ESP)
36 Kohlschreiber, Philipp (GER)
37 Hanescu, Victor (ROM)
38 Kunitysn, Igor (RUS)
39 Seppi, Andreas (ITA)
40 Bolelli, Simone (ITA)
41 Troicki, Viktor (SRB)
42 Acasuso, José (ARG)
43 Gulbis, Ernests (LAT)
44 Benneteau, Julien (FRA)
46 Tipsarevic, Janko (SRB)
47 Granollers, Marcel (ESP)
48 Chardy, Jeremy (FRA)
50 Serra, Florent (FRA)
52 Gicquel, Marc (FRA)
53 Rochus, Christophe (BEL)
54 Vassallo Arguello, Martin (ARG)
** Chela, Juan Ignacio (ARG)
(**Protected ranking - due to injury)
Old 04-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #58
country flag isabelle86

ALLEZ GILLOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #59
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: 2009 Clay season

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle86 View Post
Masters Series Montecarlo!!
Dates: SUNDAY 12–SUNDAY 19 APRIL 2009
Prize Money: €2,750,000
56 DRAW (Q28)

SITE: MONTE-CARLO COUNTRY CLUB
155 AVENUE PRINCESSE GRACE
06190 ROQUEBRUNE CAP MARTIN, FRANCE
SURFACE: RED CLAY
BALL: HEAD ATP
PRIZE MONEY: EUROS. ALL PRIZE MONEY TO BE PAID BY ATP.
WEB SITE: http://montecarlo.masters-series.com...me/default.asp

Qualifying draw: Friday, April 10, 9:00 p.m.
Main draw: Saturday, April 11, Noon
Doubles draw: Saturday, April 11, 6:00 p.m.

ATP Ranking Points
W: 1000
F: 600
SF: 360
QF: 180
R16: 90
R32: 45 (Seeds 1-8: 10)
R64: 10 (WC: 0)
Q: +25
Q14: 14
Q28: 0
Seeding: April 6, 2009

Official Entry List 2009
(ATP Ranking as of 09/03/2009)

1 Nadal, Rafael (ESP)
3 Djokovic, Novak (SRB)
4 Murray, Andy (GBR)
5 Davydenko, Nikolay (RUS)
6 del Potro, Juan Martin (ARG)
8 Simon, Gilles (FRA)
Isabelle you're gorgeous

ALLEZ GILLOU !!!
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #60
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Jérémy is the 3rd player for France in Düsseldorf:
http://www.arag-world-team-cup.com/d...ms_stehen_fest
I actually wanted to post it in his thread, but I can't access it, "Database errors" galore again.

Last edited by Truc : 04-07-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote