Indian Wells & Miami 2009 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #91
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells & Miami 2009

Thanks, Karine, I just listened to the part about Gaël, but they don't have more news indeed.
A journalist says it can't be a problem with Rasheed (or with his staff more generally, I guess) since things are very clear in that regard for Gaël, he hires his coaches and if something is wrong, he doesn't hesitate to fire them, it's not the kind of things he will brood over.
That's why they assume it's rather his family.
One of them points out that even though his mind obviously isn't into tennis at all atm, he still managed to reach the 3rd round and lost only 7-6 6-4 to Roddick, so as soon as he will be focused, he can certainly do big things.

As for me, I didn't think first it's something with his family, but rather some decision he has to take because he always says things like "2-3 choses ŕ faire", "des choses ŕ régler" - but another poster on GM.com pointed out he doesn't seem to know when he can come back and it doesn't sound like it's something depending on him and he can control.

I've seen some suspension suspicions too, but I find strange he would talk about it like that then. I'm always afraid that he gets too many warnings since they have to say every day where they will be at a certain time of the day and Gaël has his own sense of time, as we know.

Last edited by Truc : 04-02-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #92
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I never thought to that. Now you mentioned it, it could be possible that he missed 3 anti-doping tests as he has his own clock. I got chocked this afternoon when I rode the commentary of one guy in wlt where he said it could be a suspension for doping. I never thought to that, i think and hope he is not kind of guy to do that.
After what is strange for me, it is this come back to Paris between IW and Miami, if it was a problem of doping or missing controls, I do not see the point to come back in urgence to France, what was to justify sthg? But this trip to France apparently did not resolve the problem he had.
In carrement tennis, they mentionned and they guessed the problem of family because they said that the relationship between father and mother are not so good.
What is really strange, it is this "see you soon" answered by "I hope".
But apparently his agent said that he will be in monte carlo.

Everyone is guessing at the moment, and I hope it will be cleared soon and that it is not so bad, in somehow, i am a bit worried about this story.

And it is true that without having his mind in tennis, he went far and did not lose with a severe score against Roddick, he can do really good things on clay this season. hope he will be back soon.
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #93
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krn81 View Post
they guessed the problem of family because they said that the relationship between father and mother are not so good.
His parents have been separated for years (when Gaël was at the INSEP already). The father is living in Guadeloupe and the mother in Paris. I find strange Gaël would come back from the US because of some mess between his parents.

It made me smile how everybody laughed when somebody suggested a problem in his love life, maybe - "Not his style, he seems to have that part well under control!"

Last edited by Truc : 04-03-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #94
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

Oh non please it is not a doping problem or another crappy news like that. Fran you make me fear right now
he cant be in such a dirty thing like doping.
Mais c'est quand męme plausible au vu de ce qu'il repond.
C'est trop bizarre.

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #95
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we'll find out soon what's going on...
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #96
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaplenske View Post
Oh non please it is not a doping problem or another crappy news like that. Fran you make me fear right now
Sorry! I have absolutely no idea, just saying it can be tons of things.
Suspension threat for gambling, in best Montcourt style, if you prefer.

On a completely different note, somebody posted that on GM.com, it made me smile:
http://www.gaelmonfils.com/forum/vie...tart=255#p2697
There was a charity auction in Paris with stuff which belongs to celebrities and the host of the show (Baffie) is (gently) mad at Gaël and keeps mentioning him in the interview because he gave only a little part of his outfit, they had to ask Gilles to add his racquet so they get a decent prize, etc. It's even the title of the article: "Monfils gave two wristbands"

Last edited by Truc : 04-04-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #97
country flag berserkley

berserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond repute

Tsk, tsk, these boys don't want to part with even their sweaty wrist bands!! My husband bid and won Bob Bryan's racquet with which he won the 2007 Davis Cup!! It's signed on the handle and it's pretty cool!!
berserkley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #98
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Gael is just a cheap little bastard

He got Bob Bryan's racket?! That's so cool!
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #99
country flag Truc

He gave more than 2 wristbands, the title is slanderous, he also gave shoes and a short!

They got 400 euros for it together with Gilles' racket, which sounds ridiculous for a charity auction, not even the real value of the items. The racket alone is worth 270 euros if you buy it in a shop and Nike's shoes easily cost over 100 euros, don't they?
Old 04-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #100
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Only 400 euros?! That's not a lot at all... you;re right, the shoes+racket alone must be over 400 euros
Old 04-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #101
country flag Tess Gray

Should we open a clay season thread already, or do y'all want to wait till he anounces his schedule?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #102
country flag Truc

Please do, of course!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:05 AM   #103
country flag berserkley

berserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond reputeberserkley has a reputation beyond repute

My husband bid on B. Bryan's racquet; he was the only bidder and got it for $75!! The racquet alone is worth way more than that!! I guess times are tough. We thought it was quite a deal since it had some provenance behind it: the 2007 Davis Cup victory for the U.S.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:47 AM   #104
country flag Truc

75$? I had no idea, I've never paid attention to this kind of auctions and was assuming the items are sold for much more than their real value.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #105
country flag berserkley

I can tell you that the memorabilia booth at IW which had sold $20,000 worth of players' stuff in 2008 only brought in $8000 this year. The crowd at IW is on the affluent side. It's a destination for most people cuz it's at least 100 miles from Los Angeles and almost as many from San Diego. People come from all over.