Dinara Part 2 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #106
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara!

To be honest, I wouldn't want to see Dinara get to #1 without a GS win. I don't want her to face the same crap Jelena Jankovic did last year.
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #107
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
To be honest, I wouldn't want to see Dinara get to #1 without a GS win. I don't want her to face the same crap Jelena Jankovic did last year.
Promise me you won't go to WTA World then
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #108
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have the same connection to Dinara as to Marat, I actually think they are both very different. She will only win a slam if her draw is very good and she doesn't have to face Serena.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #109
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
She's already facing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I don't have the same connection to Dinara as to Marat, I actually think they are both very different. She will only win a slam if her draw is very good and she doesn't have to face Serena.
That's a bit harsh, she has beaten Serena before, and she also reached big tournaments' finals after beating seeded players in the previous rounds.

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #110
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

She has beaten her once I think and that was in Berlin last year where she had an amazing tournament, but I think the match up is bad. I first seen them play at the US Open in 2002 and I felt really bad for Dinara being absolutely ploughed and she has barely been able to win a set against her since. I think she has a chance to win Roland Garros and even beat S.Williams there, but it would be tough.

She is going to get a lot of stick going her way if she gets the number 1 ranking on April 20th (or whatever it is) but it's not her fault, she played well consistantly since the clay season last year and that's the way the ranking system is, she's earned it.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #111

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
She is going to get a lot of stick going her way if she gets the number 1 ranking on April 20th (or whatever it is) but it's not her fault, she played well consistantly since the clay season last year and that's the way the ranking system is, she's earned it.
Yep. Kim was the same way, she played (and won) so many tournaments outside of the slams that she got to no 1 and everyone was bitching about it too.
Lucky for her she did eventually win the US Open. Phew!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #112
country flag Burrow

Clijsters was one of those players that could have achieved a bit more, got burnt a few times in slam finals by Henin but oh well.

Heard she was making a comeback or something though.

Dunno why players do that, retire when in the peak of there careers, age wise...

If you're going to retire, just retire
Old 04-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #113

I'm quite pleased to see her make a comeback (that is, if she can be of any importance on the current tour.. won't be such a hoot if she gets burned!)

Basically she retired to get married, make babies and be a mom. But guess what: motherhood didn't turn out to be that spectacular either.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #114
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Well i can't say i dig farewell tours followed by comeback. Unless you had to retire because of an injury and health improves drastically, i can't say i care for comebacks. It's too much like rockstars, retiring then coming back, farewell tour, then back again... Just put you career on hold if you're not sure and decide later.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
Well i can't say i dig farewell tours followed by comeback. Unless you had to retire because of an injury and health improves drastically, i can't say i care for comebacks. It's too much like rockstars, retiring then coming back, farewell tour, then back again... Just put you career on hold if you're not sure and decide later.
True. But I guess this is my patriotic side coming up and getting all excited.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:56 AM   #116
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
Just put you career on hold if you're not sure and decide later.
What if you are sure but after some time you change your mind. Have you never ever regreted your own decisions?
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:20 AM   #117
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Look, I rather like her and good for her and her fans, but it was just sooo expected.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #118
country flag Burrow

I would like to see her make a comeback as well, she was one of my favourite players, on the other hand, I didn't really like Henin, unless she was playing Serena Williams or Maria Sharapova or somebody
Old 04-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #119

Henin >>> Kim

(But I'm not going into this discussion, it's way off topic and I'm just too tired )

Dinara's next tournament is the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #120
country flag Burrow

Nah, Henin's results dont lie, she was a step ahead of Clijsters.

Dinara can rack up some points in the next couple of events I think, but it doesn't matter anyway, it's all about Berlin and the French Open where she can lose a lot of points.

Although even if she gets dumped out of both those tournaments in the first round she will probably still stay top 5.