Forum Moderator Needed - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you think that Mens Clay Court should become a moderator?

Yes 18 40.91%
No 26 59.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #16
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forum Moderator Needed

You just came onto Greg for having a great idea. You should support him. Who cares if we have an extra mod?(you do actually) Greg wants to be a mod badly and he would do a phenominal job with it.

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #17
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I did not come onto him. I told him how it works. It is a simple matter of fact that you don't just PM the supermods and get to be a mod, you do not get to start a poll in a forum and get to be a mod if there are more yes votes than no (especially since the poll was started by Greg himself and is not public).

Greg and I have exchanged friendly messages in the past and he knows I am here to help - in the past I have been the only mod to even answer his questions. That doesn't give you the right to disrespect my gender or mock me, nor does it mean you are correct in saying if I care if we have an extra mod (which I do NOT care, so sorry, you're wrong). I'm not being rude, but it doesn't matter if Greg wants to be a mod badly, and it doesn't even matter if he'd do a phenomenal job with it. It matters if we need it. The supermods will determine that, I won't. But I am pretty confident in what they'll decide, and I was expressing that. Would you, or he, rather I lie? You can't just ignore how things at MTF have always been done just because he wants it badly. And there's definitely no need to start laying into me about it and being rude and completely mocking me. It doesn't help anyone and despite what you think, I am NOT the enemy.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #18
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Deb

I still hate Roddick though.

JBlock Forever
Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #19
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

See no need for a mod for the USA forum. BTW Greg are you old enough to vote?
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2009, 12:03 AM   #20
country flag Ozone

Greg is probably more mature than most mods.

JBlock Forever
Old 03-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #21
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Greg is probably more mature than most mods.
Really? How old is he then?
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #22
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
I did not come onto him. I told him how it works. It is a simple matter of fact that you don't just PM the supermods and get to be a mod, you do not get to start a poll in a forum and get to be a mod if there are more yes votes than no (especially since the poll was started by Greg himself and is not public).

Greg and I have exchanged friendly messages in the past and he knows I am here to help - in the past I have been the only mod to even answer his questions. That doesn't give you the right to disrespect my gender or mock me, nor does it mean you are correct in saying if I care if we have an extra mod (which I do NOT care, so sorry, you're wrong). I'm not being rude, but it doesn't matter if Greg wants to be a mod badly, and it doesn't even matter if he'd do a phenomenal job with it. It matters if we need it. The supermods will determine that, I won't. But I am pretty confident in what they'll decide, and I was expressing that. Would you, or he, rather I lie? You can't just ignore how things at MTF have always been done just because he wants it badly. And there's definitely no need to start laying into me about it and being rude and completely mocking me. It doesn't help anyone and despite what you think, I am NOT the enemy.
Deb, why does it matter if I start the poll, I can't like vote multiple times. Also, how do I make it public. Also, Deb I was just joking, you are a very nice person, one of the nicest on this board.
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #23
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

This forum does not need a mod, and starting off the discussion by having your buddy insult a current mod who has earned a lot of respect around here is not a good way to start.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2009, 01:29 AM   #24
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mens Clay Court View Post
But if I got it, it would make me want to do more in this area. Like posting the players info, news, stats, match time, score, etc.
So you're only interested in posting in this forum if you have a title?

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:36 AM   #25
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
This forum does not need a mod, and starting off the discussion by having your buddy insult a current mod who has earned a lot of respect around here is not a good way to start.
Yeah, thats right Fee, I was like hey Ozone, go be a total ass to this mod. BTW, he didn't insult her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
So you're only interested in posting in this forum if you have a title?
Yes, it would motivate me to post here more.
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2009, 01:44 AM   #26
country flag Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mens Clay Court View Post
Yeah, thats right Fee, I was like hey Ozone, go be a total ass to this mod. BTW, he didn't insult her.
I think he did.

Quote:
Yes, it would motivate me to post here more.
That's pretty funny. Thanks for your honesty.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:46 AM   #27
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

pretty interesting all of this
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2009, 01:55 AM   #28
country flag Ozone

Goodness guys seriously now. Cmon I said i was sorry to Deb. But all of you need to chill out and respect Greg's idea. I think it would be great to have a hard-working mod who would do nothing but help this forum. I love US tennis and having a mod who not make that any worse. What would it hurt?? Greg knows what needs to be done. If he doesn't do a good job, just get rid of him. I seriously doubt that would happen. Only good could come out of this.

JBlock Forever
Old 03-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #29
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

I think what people are trying to show you guys is that you can post and all that and make this a fun place without being a mod

I would say that you *should* be doing that before you can ever expect to be made one. I made the Djokovic forum a fun place, and that is why I was chosen by my peers to represent us.

You guys just have the order of things wrong, that's all. You don't become a mod, and then make a forum great... you make a player forum great and THEN become a mod.

If you guys think you have some great ideas you can make them happen without a silly title

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2009, 02:08 AM   #30
country flag Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
I think what people are trying to show you guys is that you can post and all that and make this a fun place without being a mod

I would say that you *should* be doing that before you can ever expect to be made one. I made the Djokovic forum a fun place, and that is why I was chosen by my peers to represent us.

You guys just have the order of things wrong, that's all. You don't become a mod, and then make a forum great... you make a player forum great and THEN become a mod.

If you guys think you have some great ideas you can make them happen without a silly title
Thanks Jess, that's it exactly.

Greg, if you honestly care about this forum and the players represented here then get involved first. Becoming a mod is a reward for work done and respect earned, it is not something that you show up and demand out of the blue. That's kind of like showing up on your first day at work as the McDonalds french fry cook and demanding to be the manager.

Closed Thread