Thiemo de Bakker Cheering Thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #31
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thiemo de Bakker Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaas_nalbandian View Post
Raemon Sluiter wil coach Thiemo during some weeks of the year.
Sad news about this:

Sluiter has ended the coaching of De Bakker a week ago.
He didn't want to get into too deep the reasons for it, but he basically said that he didn't want to travel all that much with De Bakker (becasue of the difficult year he had himself due to some bad happenings in his personal life), but he sadly also hinted towards De Bakker not (yet) having the true mentality of a genuine tennis pro...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008, 03:04 AM   #32
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know too much about De Bakker other than his results but he does seem to be very inconsistent with often very long gaps in his playing schedule. Does this mean he is physically fragile and needs a lot of recovery time or does it reflect the fact that he is not 100% committed to tennis (study, or different reasons)?

BTW I noticed his compatriot Igor Sijsling (same generation as Thiemo) just came back after a long break and won a futures tournament in Hawaii.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #33
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
I don't know too much about De Bakker other than his results but he does seem to be very inconsistent with often very long gaps in his playing schedule. Does this mean he is physically fragile and needs a lot of recovery time or does it reflect the fact that he is not 100% committed to tennis (study, or different reasons)?

BTW I noticed his compatriot Igor Sijsling (same generation as Thiemo) just came back after a long break and won a futures tournament in Hawaii.
If I'm not mistaken, Igor was seriously injured. He seems very injury-prone and I can't see him having a long career because of that. Also, Thiemo is much, much more talented than Igor. Still, Igor can be a solid Top 300 player if he is somewhat fit. Thiemo has definite Top 70 potential.

Anyways, Igor just lost to Niki Moser in another Future this week.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #34
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

Well Igor won another futures in the Dominican Republic but then retired in the next tournament last week. Hopefully it's not a serious injury again.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #35
country flag Jedan Bjelorus

Jedan Bjelorus is on a distinguished road

Where will Thiemo start 2009 season?
I suppose he get a WC in Rotterdam,which must help him a lot since Rotterdam has an "500" category.How do you think about Thiemo's chances to reach top 100 before the Wimbledon?
Sebastian Grosjean,Juan Carlos Ferrero,Mariano Zabaleta,Santiago Ventura,Martin Vassallo Arguello,Fabrice Santoro,Arnaud Clement,Tommy Robredo,Marat Safin,Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson,Michel Kratochvil
All the Dutch,Croats,Finns and Italian mates
Thanks to the MTF team
Jedan Bjelorus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #36
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Thiemo was hoping to start his season in Australia but he wasn't ranked high enough to enter the qualie draw in Brisbane I think and he's missed out on the AO q-draw because the Dutch federation had forgotten to enter him Not sure where he'll be playing next.
anon57 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #37
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Thiemo is in the SFs in Caltanissetta, Italie challenger He'll play Xavier Malisse later today
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #38
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Some pics from friday
http://www.atpcaltanissetta.com/news...aspx?id_cat=12

Old 03-21-2009, 04:41 PM   #39
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Gray View Post
Thiemo is in the SFs in Caltanissetta, Italie challenger He'll play Xavier Malisse later today
Thiemo is a break up in the third:

3-6, 7-5, 4-1
Old 03-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #40
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
Thiemo is a break up in the third:

3-6, 7-5, 4-1
Thiemo broke again, serving for the match at 5-1.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #41
country flag Jōris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
Thiemo broke again, serving for the match at 5-1.
Won!

In your FACE, Belgians!

Last edited by Jōris : 03-21-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Jōris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #42
country flag Tess Gray

Thiemo
Wow what a great result

I have to be honest I didnt think he was going to win this one, especially after he lost the first set. What a luxury to see two dutchies in the final
Old 03-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #43
country flag Jōris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Gray View Post
Thiemo
Wow what a great result

I have to be honest I didnt think he was going to win this one, especially after he lost the first set. What a luxury to see two dutchies in the final
Yes, really cool. Just a challenger, but they have to start somewhere.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:29 AM   #44
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Theimo

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #45
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Theimo