Ranking Watch - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #376
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch-on the way back up again :-)

Tommy's 61 as of today. Not much of a gain, but progress is progress.
thefly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 05:04 AM   #377

Well with the way the ranking are done sometimes it isn't so much what the player has done, but what the other players around him have done. For myself I'm happy for any improvement in Tommy's ranking And the playing of Doubles in San Jose gave him much needed playing time since he had been out so long. And apparently his health is really good right now
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #378

As of 3/9/09 the ATP site shows Tommy's ranking has slipped down slightly to #64. I'm not changing the thread title yet because I hope the ranking will start back up. However, the Indian Wells draw wasn't very kind to Tommy this year
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #379
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
As of 3/9/09 the ATP site shows Tommy's ranking has slipped down slightly to #64. I'm not changing the thread title yet because I hope the ranking will start back up. However, the Indian Wells draw wasn't very kind to Tommy this year
Of course it was. Look at seeded guys like Monfils and their draw. Tommy had very very very very very very (!!!) much luck with his draw. Did you watch Isner yesterday? Tommy would have made, let's guess, 3 games per set and not more. He can be very happy with his draw as the World No. 64!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #380
country flag Wyna

Wyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by el tenista View Post
Of course it was. Look at seeded guys like Monfils and their draw. Tommy had very very very very very very (!!!) much luck with his draw. Did you watch Isner yesterday? Tommy would have made, let's guess, 3 games per set and not more. He can be very happy with his draw as the World No. 64!
I agree, but it's still very hard to get the ranking up with that draw and the result from last year

Monfils | Murray | Davydenko | del Potro
Wyna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #381
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyna View Post
I agree, but it's still very hard to get the ranking up with that draw and the result from last year
Plenty of opportunities ahead I'd say. Just look at all the zeros in Tommy's ranking breakdown.

However, it will be interesting to see what he will do during the clay season. Will he play at all? If he loses some points now, it can get a little tough to enter tournaments after the clay season, so adding some points on clay would be wise.
As of now, Tommy doesn't seem to play Houston, as TommyB. already pointed out in the other thread; it looks like Tommy might play Monte Carlo, though ...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #382
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

Tommy will lose 250 points in Indian Wells and he only won 45 so far. Someone calculates the rankings daily here http://www.tennisteen.it/classifiche-aggiornate.html right now it looks like his ranking will be top 90 next week if he will lose against Djokovic. And he might not be able to fill all those zeros in his ranking breakdown because he will not be qualified for Masters Tournaments or he will not play them because they are clay tournaments. In an interview Tommy said that he will not play many claycourt tournaments this year. Don't know what "many" means but it will not improve his rankings if he skips the clayseason. After the claycourt season he will for sure get a wildcard for Halle if he needs and wants one but for Grand Slams you need to be top 100 to enter directly... so what about Wimbledon if he cannot collect points on clay?
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #383
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like Tommy will have the worst drop if he lose to Novak...But that's the thing what other players must go through...Hope Tommy is enjoying tennis atm,so anything can happen..Miami is his chance...

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #384
country flag thefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi10is View Post
Tommy will lose 250 points in Indian Wells and he only won 45 so far. Someone calculates the rankings daily here http://www.tennisteen.it/classifiche-aggiornate.html right now it looks like his ranking will be top 90 next week if he will lose against Djokovic. And he might not be able to fill all those zeros in his ranking breakdown because he will not be qualified for Masters Tournaments or he will not play them because they are clay tournaments. In an interview Tommy said that he will not play many claycourt tournaments this year. Don't know what "many" means but it will not improve his rankings if he skips the clayseason. After the claycourt season he will for sure get a wildcard for Halle if he needs and wants one but for Grand Slams you need to be top 100 to enter directly... so what about Wimbledon if he cannot collect points on clay?
Yeah, as I said, he should play some clay court tournaments, and I'm sure he will. And since he doesn't have to defend anything, chances are not too bad to add some more points. Maybe he plays Monte Carlo, Munich and the French Open (although he doesn't have to bring in every Grand Slam and can replace it with another result, since he did finish outside the top 30 last year - on the other hand, lots of points to gain in a Grand Slam with a decent draw ...) and that may be it.
Furthermore, I think different players will lose points as severely as Tommy may next week over the course of the year, since a large part of the top 100 still takes advantage of the doubled points.

May all that be as it is - IW is still running, and Miami is also up, so let's see.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #385
country flag Wyna

Wyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond repute

looking at that scenario he really should play in Miami, get at least some points and then we'll see what he's planning to do during the clay season.

Monfils | Murray | Davydenko | del Potro
Wyna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #386
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

He might have a direct spot for Monte Carlo (#39). Maybe he can win one round or two.

Quote:
Entry list (not is complete confirmed)

1. Nadal, Rafael (1)
2. Djokovic, Novak (1)
3. Davydenko, Nikolay (1)
4. Del Potro, Juan Martin (1)
5. Simon, Gilles (1)
6. Monfils, Gael (1)
7. Ferrer, David (1)
8. Nalbandian, David (1)
9. Wawrinka, Stanislas (1)
10. Stepanek, Radek (1)
11. Almagro, Nicolas (1)
12. Berdych, Tomas (1)
13. Andreev, Igor (1)
14. Gasquet, Richard (1)
15. Safin, Marat (1)
16. Soderling, Robin (1)
17. Lopez, Feliciano (1)
18. Karlovic, Ivo (1)
19. Ancic, Mario (1)
20. Schuettler, Rainer (1)
21. Mathieu, Paul-Henri (1)
22. Kohlschreiber, Philipp (1)
23. Kunitsyn, Igor (1)
24. Seppi, Andreas (1)
25. Bolelli, Simone (1)
26. Troicki, Viktor (1)
27. Benneteau, Julien (1)
28. Acasuso, Jose (1)
29. Tipsarevic, Janko (1)
30. Chardy, Jeremy (1)
31. Vassallo Arguello, Martin (1)
32. Serra, Florent (1)
33. Gicquel, Marc (1)
34. Rochus, Christophe (1)
35. Monaco, Juan (1)
36. Schwank, Eduardo (1)
37. Hernych, Jan (1)
38. Sela, Dudi (1)
39. Haas, Tommy (1)
40. Navarro, Ivan (1)
41. Junqueira, Diego (1)
42. Bellucci, Thomaz (1)
43. Starace, Potito (1)
44. Ljubicic, Ivan (1)
45. Gabashvili, Teimuraz (1)
Old 03-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #387
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

he is 10th alternate for Monte Carlo and 21st alternate for Rome
Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #388
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

he should play some challenger until Halle

Munich and/or Paris, to be honest...I can't see more stages on clay
TommyB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #389
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi10is View Post
he is 10th alternate for Monte Carlo and 21st alternate for Rome
Okay, then some guys signed in lately. Just saw the official entry list. Crap...
So there is a very very little chance to play Monte Carlo but no chance to play Rome. Let's see what he'll do.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #390
country flag kiwi10is

there are a few good hardcourt challengers in Southafrica, Greece and Israel but I doubt Tommy will go back to Challengers ....