Choosing the right strings - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
country flag 0vErCl0cKeD

0vErCl0cKeD is on a distinguished road
Default Choosing the right strings

Hi,
I play tennis with a Babolat Pure Drive Roddick, and I'm still looking for the correct strings. I'm a top spin player. I'm tried to test some orange Signum Pro strings that I have, but I'm not sure about this option. Should I test this strings? What strings do you recommend me?

0vErCl0cKeD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Choosing the right strings

signum pro strings are polyester, so they help with spin, control and durability. but they are also quite stiff and you are using a very stiff raccket, so they may not be the best option. i would probably try the signum pro strings in a hybrid, so you use them on the mains and a different, softer string on the crosses, such as wilson sensation, or babolat xcel
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
country flag 0vErCl0cKeD

Hi,
Thanks for your opinion. I have been searching in my tennis bags for strings that I have and I found the orange Signum Pro and: Babolat Powergy 1.30mm; Tecnifibre Original - Tournament 1.32mm; Centrix Soft Multifiber 1.30mm.

Is it possible to make a good combination (hybrid) with any of this strings? I'm only trying to save money in more strings, but if it's necessary I will buy the aappropriate strings.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

i would try the signum pro on the mains with powergy on the crosses
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
country flag 0vErCl0cKeD

Thank you

I will try it