Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS! - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #181
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

I dont know Forget may have done too but I know the French tennis federation president said something to the effect that he wasn't committed to win. I remember reading that.

Obviously I haven't seen much of the french press.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #182
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there has been some bad blood (then again how to be sure of what really was said when you read it in the press indirectly told ?) and although things seemed to have been smoothed out on Richie's part long time ago some of his fans haven't forgotten nor forgiven. Let's not go on on Forget here because I am afraid it will become inflammatory very soon . There is a thread about him to discuss all that. I just wanted to react about the "another pathetic choice".

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #183
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Lets just hope they pull it off tomorrow. I think Gilles will put up a good fight and Tsonga is well Tsonga so they stand a chance.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #184
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I truly believe they stand a great chance tomorrow. If anyone can do it Gilles and Jo can so lets get behind them

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #185
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I dont know Forget may have done too but I know the French tennis federation president said something to the effect that he wasn't committed to win. I remember reading that.
That's true the former President of the FFT hated him. But he never could get rid of him because the players wanted him to stay.

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...
Old 03-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #186
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhr75019 View Post
I find it a bit harsh and quite unfair. I know Forget is not popular around here. Everybody seems to have forgotten he brought us 3 Davis Cup (2 as a player, 1 as a captain, plus 2 finals and 1 Fed Cup). Doesn't the man deserve some sort of respect if no trust ?
its not unfair but realistic.Im telling the truth point pointing the lack of good choices of forget.
Can you tell me what happened in 2002 finale??probably the turning point in paul henri mathieu career.I dont forget that.
Last year at Winstom salem and all the things being said,the forget bashing over gasquet who was n°1 in that team.I dont forget it.
This year he has perhaps with spain the best team ever to play a davis cup tie and you would want me to believe that his choice by sending a newdouble paire inexperienced team was a very sensible choice???
and then just after after the loss he reveals to the medias that there s no secret, this paire needs to play together in tournaments to play good and find automatisms.OK BUT WHY DOESNT HE ASK THEM BEFORE TO PLAY TOGETHER IN PREVIOUS TOURNAMENT??its just as cynical and simple as that.Its not about not respecting him or what,its about analysing his results with the french team those 4-5 years.
The result will be obvious: 00 win for France.Not a single semi finale. I mean the guy will be football coach he would be fired for a long time ago!!
fabrice santoro could be the key,the one would be able to make the right choices and make the team work perfectly.

And no.Even if tomorrow simon beat stepaneck and tsonga managed to qualify the team for next round,I would still have the same opinion about forget ability to be the captain.

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #187
country flag Cloudygirl

well surely the players can use their intelligence on that one. The Spanish play doubs together pretty much all year. Nadal Robredo, lopez verdasco etc. If the French players know that they are likely to be playing cup ties where they might play doubs then surely they would think well I might decide to do some doubs practice at the more minor tournaments.

I do think match experience is a key though. I know that there are injury reasons etc but you would think that Simon and Monfils would have had a DC outing before now.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #188

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

That's where the captain comes into play I guess. Another captain might have chosen Gilles a LOT sooner to play Davis Cup and Gael too. As far as I know though, Forget has said to Thierry that he thinks Gilles should play more doubles this year. I think Gilles does play a bit he just doesn't play with the Frenchies which he needs to because it'd be useful for France to have another option

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #189
country flag BaleoutRichie

BaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond reputeBaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond reputeBaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond reputeBaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond reputeBaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond reputeBaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond reputeBaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond reputeBaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond reputeBaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond reputeBaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond reputeBaleoutRichie has a reputation beyond repute

Well....get a good rest...get over this bad lost.

.and Good luck in Indian Wells RCHIE!(starts monday!.that's more important!..)

Lets Go Wawrinka & Querrey

HOUSTON ROCKETS- NBA 2009

Last edited by BaleoutRichie : 03-07-2009 at 06:53 PM.
BaleoutRichie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #190
country flag Cloudygirl

If they play Gilles in doubs they are desperate imo. I've only seen him play twice (that was live) because doubs is so badly covered on tv these days oh and Hopman cup mixed and he was definitely the weakest link on court by miles. He has played 3? doubs tournaments this year with various partners and not got past the second round in any of them and last year I think he only had about 3 doubs wins (matches won not titles obviously) and he played at about 10 events I think.

He looks very pretty playing with Gael but they aren't the best.

If they are going to keep the team to the youngsters then they are going to struggle for a second doubs player because Jo can play but he is a lock for the singles. But then plenty of teams do have players that play singles and doubs. I think he played Miami last year with Richie I wish he would do that again.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #191
country flag xhr75019

Everyone is entitled to his opinion lisaplenske. You express yours with a bit too much passion and virulence for my taste, to the point I don't think a discussion would be fruitful. So allow me not to answer your arguments . Have a good evening !

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...
Old 03-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #192

Yup Tori, I've seen Gilles play doubles mainly in the Hopman Cup. His doubles game is absolutely atrocious so I would be worried if France had to resort to using him as a doubles player. You make a good point about them maybe needing a second doubles player but the problem is who do you drop out of Gael, Jo, Gilles and Richard to make way? In some ways, I think Forget is happy to be a bit experimental with the doubles because he knows he has a better chance of winning 3 singles rubbers. I could be TOTALLY wrong but its just an opinion I have that the French players are strong enough in the singles that they can try out different combinations with the doubles and if they lose it won't be disastrous. I could have egg on my face tomorrow though

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #193
country flag Cloudygirl

maybe pick them based on the surface but again its so difficult there is so much depth. The only one I am unsure about is Tsonga on clay but he is probably great I have just never seen him play on it because he is always injured.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #194
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
Yeah I am aware that Simon lost Schu. My point was that Richard isn't a darling with the French media so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to pin it on him whatever happens. It wasn't a criticism of Rich or I wasn't neglecting the fact Simon lost I was merely criticising the French media and sympathising with Rich
Got your point and actually was completelt agreeing with you.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
maybe pick them based on the surface but again its so difficult there is so much depth. The only one I am unsure about is Tsonga on clay but he is probably great I have just never seen him play on it because he is always injured.
Seeing as I've only been following the Frenchies the last few months I've only seen them on hard courts (well I've seen Richard on grass a bit too) but I'm looking forward to the clay season 'cause I've never seen any of them on clay. It'll be interesting to see who's the best on clay. That's an interesting point you raise about picking them for the surface or you could do what Spain do and if you're at home pick the best surface for your no 1 player

Simon Monfils Gasquet