Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS! - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #121
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Yes it WAS.

I really couldn't SEE much of the match (except the second set)so could not tell how Richie played but from what I saw it looked like Richie and Llodra just really didn't have the "chemistry" that a doubles team needs. I think Richie is uncomfortable playing the deuce side of the coout that exposes his forehand so much.

Well it's a long road back... But it isn't over yet. Allez Team France. Wonder what Forget is thinking now.
Exactly! They didn't mesh as well as they would have to liked to. There was a time when they both reached for a shot and both let it go thinking the other one was gonna get it. It's a time like that when a little, "A moi!" would work. As the 3rd set waned on, they just got a little sloppy and the Czechs grew in confidence. After the break in the 4th set, it was a give-away.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #122
country flag Aurelien

Aurelien has a reputation beyond reputeAurelien has a reputation beyond reputeAurelien has a reputation beyond reputeAurelien has a reputation beyond reputeAurelien has a reputation beyond reputeAurelien has a reputation beyond reputeAurelien has a reputation beyond reputeAurelien has a reputation beyond reputeAurelien has a reputation beyond reputeAurelien has a reputation beyond reputeAurelien has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j'adore_richie View Post
Thanks for that. It'll be interesting to see what Forget does with the reverse singles. I'm betting he'll just keep Simon though. I'd like to see Richard play singles but I'd hate to see the reaction if he lost. It would be too much pressure for him, especially against that worm Stepanek.
Yes, keeping Simon and Tsonga is the only solution. Simon will play first, so he'll have a little less pressure. If he wins Tsonga will do the job...

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Aurelien is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #123
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j'adore_richie View Post
Thanks for that. It'll be interesting to see what Forget does with the reverse singles. I'm betting he'll just keep Simon though. I'd like to see Richard play singles but I'd hate to see the reaction if he lost. It would be too much pressure for him, especially against that worm Stepanek.
Can't imagine richie would play that one. I didn't see Simon play his first match but I can't believe he would be playing that badly to think Richie is an option. I luv ya Richie but I'm not seeing you anywhere near confident/strong enoough for this one and Simon has been a fighter, so maybe he can save it.

I just hate to see it end up as Tsonga "GOAT" being the only one who won matches.
EDIT - guess that won't happen. Forgot that Tsonga will play second so he'll only play if someone else wins.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #124
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

The only singles match Richie could play would be against Berdych.. he's Czech #2, right? I think Richie's H2H is 2-0 against him. So, would Guy choose the one with the great H2H or the one full of confidence?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 03-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #125
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

I think Tsonga and Simon will DEFINITELY playing now unless Gilles loses to Stepanek (I can't see that happening to be honest) I don't think Forget would throw Rich into a deciding rubber

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #126
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

Expected loss against a MUCH MORE experienced paire.

What the hell forget was thinking there???its doubles there, a very important match,its davis cup in foreign country,loud crowd and you decide to send an "novice double pair" who never played together in a tournament.
That was quite a suicide there cause the czech are more used about that kind of matchs.
No way richard will be send in that gap. Let the actual french n°1 prove that he deserves that place. And let see how forget will assume the loss if she has to happen.
Its too easy for the captain.He makes a choice and then if the players lose it s their fault
we'll see how gilles will do tomorrow.He better has to be very dynamique and solid,more agressive cause against berdych he was not.

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #127
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaplenske View Post

What the hell forget was thinking there???its doubles there, a very important match,its davis cup in foreign country,loud crowd and you decide to send an "novice double pair" who never played together in a tournament.
That was quite a suicide there cause the czech are more used about that kind of matchs.
No way richard will be send in that gap. Let the actual french n°1 prove that he deserves that place. And let see how forget will assume the loss if she has to happen.
Its too easy for the captain.He makes a choice and then if the players lose it s their fault
we'll see how gilles will do tomorrow.He better has to be very dynamique and solid,more agressive cause against berdych he was not.
I agree and I think while they are each good in their own right at doubs they aren't gelled together as a pair.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #128

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Good point Amira. Gilles is the French no 1 so let him prove he deserves to be there and lead his country

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #129
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaplenske View Post

You might be right but I really would like to know what was your alternate solution ?

Jo-Richie ? Come on, that's not reasonable. First, they are not an experienced team either (at least Mika is a great doubles player and is used to play with different partners). And second, nobody could forecast that Jo would win so easily against Stepa. His match yesterday could have gone 5 sets and finish at 11 pm. And in any case, considering his physical fragility, it would have jeopardize his participation on sunday when he will be much needed.
Jo-Mika ? See above.
Mika-Clément ? That meant leaving Richard AND Gaël outside the four. Imagine the "tollé général". Plus, I know they won Marseille but Clément is so far from his best level these days... That would have been a huge risk, and one no sane DC captain would have taken.

You seem to forget that the captain has to envision all possibilities BEFORE the matches start.

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...

Last edited by xhr75019 : 03-07-2009 at 03:42 PM.
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #130
country flag ~*BGT*~

If Gillou can stomp the Beast, I would highly favor Jo over Berdman in a deciding rubber.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 03-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #131

I have every confidence France will win both rubbers tomorrow

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #132
country flag *Martolina*

*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute*Martolina* has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion, France has done wrong to choose 2 players that in theirs career they have never played together in a challenge so important and difficult. I think that tomorrow maybe Forget prefers risk in first match the Richie's card..we must hope that, if Forget choose Richie for one match, Richie will not be tired..Richie plays now the upcoming national convocation =(

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

*Martolina* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #133
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised that the French haven't been trying out some doubs combinations in tournaments this year for practice. The Spanish players play doubs together all the time.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Martolina* View Post
In my opinion, France has done wrong to choose 2 players that in theirs career they have never played together in a challenge so important and difficult. I think that tomorrow maybe Forget prefers risk in first match the Richie's card..we must hope that, if Forget choose Richie for one match, Richie will not be tired..Richie plays now the upcoming national convocation =(
The only way Rich will play singles tomorrow is if Gilles loses. I don't think Forget would put Richie into a must win singles match tomorrow. A dead rubber, maybe, but DEFINITELY not a live rubber. Now, I could be totally wrong in saying that. Its just my opinion. If Forget was considering Rich for the singles I don't think he'd have put him in the doubles

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #135
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I am surprised that the French haven't been trying out some doubs combinations in tournaments this year for practice. The Spanish players play doubs together all the time.
That's very true Cloudygirl. I am sure they will in the furure.

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote