***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
country flag Eden
Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Smile ***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread

I’m a huge fan of the Norwegian band a-ha since 1987 and during my time on MTF I talked to a few people who also seem to like them.
As a-ha are going to release a new album this year I thought it would be nice to have an own thread for them

Morten, Magne and Pal are currently working on the successcor of their last album “Analogue” which will according to their manager Harald Wiik come out on June 19th and will be followed by a tour later on.

a-ha are going to perform three concerts in South America already this month:

March 25 Sao Paolo, Brazil Credicard Hall
March 26 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Citibank Hall
March 28 Santiago, Chile Movistar Arena (Pepsi Music Festival)

It will be interesting whether they will introduce a few songs of the new album then. They played in London last year where they first each performed some of their solo songs and then played a few a-ha songs, including two ones from the new album.

(Shadowside)

(Riding the crest)

I’m really looking forward to new stuff and to see the band again in concert. I have been able to go to 11 concerts of them so far.

Please don’t be shy and drop a few lines in this thread if you like a-ha

Last edited by Eden : 05-09-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a-ha, the band who has more to offer than „Take on me“ – Waiting for the new albu

I saw this thread the other day, but it was empty, couldn't post on it

I'm a fan of A-Ha too, that group means a lot for me.
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
country flag NicolasKiefer44

NicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a-ha, the band who has more to offer than „Take on me“ – Waiting for the new albu

I am an a-ha fan since 1985. I loved Analogue but my fave cd is Scoundrel Days. I have always been perplexed at the incredible level of success they have had everywhere in the world other than America. When I mention them, everyone says Take On Me and no one has a clue when I mention Minor Earth Major Sky. Oh well. Success in America isn't necessary anymore. I am excited for any new material from a-ha in 2009.

** TEAM KIWI - NicolasKiefer44, Kezzi, Clashcityrocker, Catchie, EnriqueIG8- TEAM KIWI **
NicolasKiefer44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
country flag Eden
Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I saw this thread the other day, but it was empty, couldn't post on it
Unfortunately there was an database error right at the moment when I wanted to send the post. I don't know why just the name of the title appeared. I asked Peta to delete the thread so that I could start a new one.

Quote:
I'm a fan of A-Ha too, that group means a lot for me.
You are quite young, right? How did you discover the band?

It's been a few years since they were really popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKiefer44 View Post
I am an a-ha fan since 1985. I loved Analogue but my fave cd is Scoundrel Days. I have always been perplexed at the incredible level of success they have had everywhere in the world other than America. When I mention them, everyone says Take On Me and no one has a clue when I mention Minor Earth Major Sky. Oh well. Success in America isn't necessary anymore. I am excited for any new material from a-ha in 2009.
My favourite album is also "Scoundreal Days" I got the cassette on my 12th birthday and since then I was really a fan of the band.

Are you from the States?

On 12 September 2005 a-ha played a quickly sold out show at Irving Plaza in New York City, the band's first concert in North America since 1986. The band has not returned to North America since, nor have they released anything there since 1993.

Regarding "Take on me": It happens in every part of the world that people associate a-ha with that song. Beside this the band really still suffer for their former image as a boyband. It's just the last years that the musicjournalist seem to take them seriously and even appreciate their early work.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #5

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
You are quite young, right? How did you discover the band?

It's been a few years since they were really popular.

My favourite album is also "Scoundreal Days" I got the cassette on my 12th birthday and since then I was really a fan of the band.
I'm not so young
I remember as a child to watch the "Take on me" clip on spanish TV and get haunted

"Scoundrel Days" i think is the fav album of the mayority of fans. The first time i listened "Manhattan Skyline" i felt scared
Old 03-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
country flag Eden
Support the Swiss

Quote:
I remember as a child to watch the "Take on me" clip on spanish TV and get haunted
I see

Quote:
"Scoundrel Days" i think is the fav album of the mayority of fans. The first time i listened "Manhattan Skyline" i felt scared
Yes, it's indeed the favourite album of the majority of fans

I couldn't listen to "Manhattan Skyline" after the happenings of September 11th 2001. The first time I listened to it again was one year later during the a-ha tour in 2002 and it was very emotional when Magne announced the song.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:40 AM   #7
country flag NicolasKiefer44

NicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite a-ha song is "October" from Scoundrel Days. When Morten's breathy whisper says "Loneliness can be ingnored and time will show me how" I just freeze up.

Yes I am from the states, and a-ha's profile here is simply a one hit wonder. Everyone makes fun of the hairdos and the high voice in the media. It was certainly the style then, so why make fun of it? Besides, if someone is as lucky to be as good looking as they were in the 80s, I would think they would glam themselves up too for videos.

** TEAM KIWI - NicolasKiefer44, Kezzi, Clashcityrocker, Catchie, EnriqueIG8- TEAM KIWI **
NicolasKiefer44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh an a-ha thread! Well, I am usually your typical rock/metal/emo/punk chick, but I just love 80s music to bits and pieces, and thus I also love a-ha. I wasn't too impressed with their album "Analogue", but I just love "Scoundrel Days" as well, and "East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon" is a very nice one as well.

"Take On Me" ... well, yes, it is THE a-ha song, in a way, but like Eden said, they have much more to offer than just this one song.

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, Doris I forgot about this thread and today I was listening to Minor Earth Major Sky and I ed to post.

You really are hardcore fans I like A-Ha very much but I only have Lifelines and the above and a compilation. My favorite songs are "Stay on this roads" "You'll Never Get Over Me" "Summer Mover On" "Forever Not Yours"....
A-Ha is very important to me also even if we became "closer" in a very tough period of my life. Listening to them makes me travell back in time when I was less happy but also less cinical...

And I fangirl Morten with a passion
acionescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
country flag Eden
Support the Swiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiChica View Post
Ohhh an a-ha thread! Well, I am usually your typical rock/metal/emo/punk chick, but I just love 80s music to bits and pieces, and thus I also love a-ha. I wasn't too impressed with their album "Analogue", but I just love "Scoundrel Days" as well, and "East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon" is a very nice one as well.
When have you discovered the band?

"Analogue" isn't one of my favourite albums as well, especially as it follows a trend which has already been seen on the former album "Lifelines": That you find songs on the record which seemed to be produced for one of the solo albums of the guys and then somehow seemed to end on the a-ha albums. It would be great if Magne and Pal would make a collaboration again just like in the good old times

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Sorry, Doris I forgot about this thread and today I was listening to Minor Earth Major Sky and I ed to post.

You really are hardcore fans I like A-Ha very much but I only have Lifelines and the above and a compilation. My favorite songs are "Stay on this roads" "You'll Never Get Over Me" "Summer Mover On" "Forever Not Yours"....
Good to see you in here So you don't have all the albums? Which one is missing in your collection? Maybe I can help you to get them if you would be interested.

Since when are you a fan of the band?

Quote:
A-Ha is very important to me also even if we became "closer" in a very tough period of my life. Listening to them makes me travell back in time when I was less happy but also less cinical...
I can understand this so well There was also a time in my life when their music helped me a lot, especially the song "Slender frame".

Quote:
And I fangirl Morten with a passion
I prefer Magne
Old 03-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #11
country flag Eden
Support the Swiss

According to Pal the new album won't probably come out before September.

a-ha have announced some dates for concerts in the UK:

Nov 2, 2009 NIA Birmingham, UK
Nov 3, 2009 MEN Arena Manchester, UK
Nov 4, 2009 02 Arena London, UK

This is the setlist of the concerts in South America:

Living a boys adventure tale
The blood that moves the body
Cry Wolf
Scoundrel Days
Manhattan Skyline
Ive been loosing you
Minor earth major Sky
Riding the crest (from the new album)
Shadow side (from the new album)
I dream myself alive
Hunting down and low
Summer moved on
Train of thought
The swing of the things
Stay on these roads
What there is (from the new album)
Forever not yours
Crying in the rain
Living daylights

Encores:

The sun always shines on TV
Analogue
Take on me
Old 03-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
When have you discovered the band?
Oooooooooooooofffff, I think I discovered them in the 90s when I started to become musically conscious and could start to understand what foreign bands were singing (which is unfortunately NOT the case when I listen to two of my favourite bands, Heroes del Silencio and Maná, but whatever). However, it took quite some time until I got really into them which was, ironically enough, shortly before the release of "Analogue". So I'd say I am still rather "new" to them, but they're awesome, anyway.

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #13
country flag Eden
Support the Swiss

The first single of the new album is called "Foot of the mountain"

http://universalmusic.no/ecards/aha/
Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #14
country flag Eden
Support the Swiss

New a-ha single

a-ha’s latest single Foot of The Mountain saw its release this week.

June sees the release of pop icons a-ha’s much anticipated follow up to 2005’s ‘Analogue’. Avid fans of the masters of timeless pop magic got a taster of what to come this week as the trio offered the band’s latest single Foot of The Mountain.

The single is produced by Roland Spremberg and mixed by Steve Osborne at Real World Studios, UK. The new album on Universal is scheduled for release June 2009.

a-ha is one of the biggest pop successes in Norwegian history. In autumn '85, the trio reached no. 1 in the US and no. 2 in the UK with their début single Take On Me. They went on to wreak havoc on the charts with eighteen hit singles and six albums, including the collection ‘Headlines and Deadlines – The Hits of a-ha’, and wrote the title theme for the James Bond film ‘The Living Daylights’ in '87. Following the release of 1993’s ‘Memorial Beach’ the band went on a hiatus for a number of years, returning in 2000 with the strong come-back album ‘Minor Earth Major Sky’.

a-ha returned with a studio album in 2002 with ‘Lifelines’, and the studio album was followed by a live recording the next year; ‘How Can I sleep With Your Voice In My Head – a-ha Live’. 2004 marked the trio’s 20th anniversary which was celebrated with a release of a singles collection: ‘The singles 1984 -2004’. 2005 saw the release of ‘Analogue’ which also marked the band’s shift to a new record label, Universal.

a-ha’s Foot of The Mountain can be streamed from Universal Norway’s site.

Source: http://www.mic.no/mic.nsf/doc/art2009042421343113547264
Old 04-29-2009, 07:27 AM   #15

Thanx for the updates, Doris