Help! My forehand is killing me - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-26-2007, 02:08 AM   #16
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! My forehand is killing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydenport View Post
Did u mean "only" your wrist, rigth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
Exactly. Like, you see a lot of beginners putting spin just with the wrist, without doing a complete swing, usually way after the ball has passed the right place to hit. That's what I mean.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 07:02 AM   #17
country flag trixtah

trixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Exactly. Like, you see a lot of beginners putting spin just with the wrist, without doing a complete swing, usually way after the ball has passed the right place to hit. That's what I mean.
The make it clear without resorting to ad hominem arguments and useless logic, chump. Please, 21 is a "grown man?" Laughable--we're talking about tennis here but if you want to compare knowledge, I'll bite. Join me at UCLA medschool sometime, I'll show you around.

Quoted twice for good measure

Quote:
Never use your wrist to put spin on the ball.
Quote:
Never use your wrist to put spin on the ball.
Quote:
By the way, I think you're complete bullshit. How does "never put spin on the ball with your wrist" become "don't use your wrist to put spinon the ball after the ball passes the strike zone without completing your swing." That isn't even sound advice in itself. I hope you realize that Scarecrows' emoticon is the "no" emoticon.

@the Original Poster, since you found the problem already though, good on you. Pick and choose what advice you follow around here carefully

Last edited by trixtah : 09-26-2007 at 07:36 AM.
trixtah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:13 AM   #18
country flag klinsi

klinsi is on a distinguished road

Most problem with beginners learning forehand is the position of the wrist....too many beginners snap their wrist forward to hit the ball. Sure, acomplished players will use the wrist in different ways to hit the ball, but FUNDAMENTALLy, beginners need to keep the wrist firm. Tennis elbow and other wrist/arm injuries come from bad technique...Learn the correct fundamental...you'll be injury free. By the way, if you have bad habit with your wrist, you might want to check out this tip http://www.tennisracketbracket.com/t...s_drills.shtml Go to the forehand link...good luck
klinsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #19
country flag klinsi

bad techniques always leads to injuries. Most common thing to do for beginners on the forehand is to actually snap the wrist forward. Remember, your body should swing your arm instead of your arm swinging the racket
Old 02-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #20
country flag klinsi

bad technique will do that to you...learn the correct way