Racism and Ignorance - Post deletion - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute
Default Racism and Ignorance - Post deletion

from: http://www.dubaicity.com/what_to_do_...ampionship.htm

The UAE has 15 racetracks across the country with spacious and well-kept stadiums for viewers.

Camel racing is supported by the highest levels of UAE society, with former President Zayed owned a personal stable consisting of 14,000 camels and 9,000 workers for their upkeep. Sheikh Mohammed, the former Defense Minister of the UAE, owned 2,000 camels and maintained a reputation of his own for high performance on the racetracks.

The sheiks of the UAE have invested large sums of money into the development of camel racing throughout the Emirates, in addition to putting cash into the buying and training of camels in order to participate themselves in the races.

Could GM mods please explain why on Earth did you decide to delete a post because it was stated "Let them organize Camel races" instead of tennis? I just saw a poster deemed that post of mine "racistic" and decided to report it and ask for me to be banned for racism. That very poster had called all westerners "racists" a few post earlier in the same thread and got away with it.

I'd like to know why my post was deleted. Don't you mods have google? Don't you know camel racing is the most popular sport in UAE and many other Arab countries? Don't you consider a post calling all citizens of half the world "racists" a racist post?

I'd like an explanation for this ignorant and arbitrary act of yours, if that's ever possible, thanks.

Last edited by JolánGagó : 02-20-2009 at 03:14 AM.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racism and Ignorance - Post deletion

I agree. We should not have mods who are trigger happy and delete whatever they want. Maybe do a little research before you decide to just delete things on impulse. Also take a look at the Kazaks posts as calling as Westerners racists is clearly a worse thing to say.

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

A few hours after I opened this thread, the poster I mentioned above wrote a new post in GM calling me a racist ("we both know you're racist" -she said) and stating that I had made many racist remarks in the past, to what I replied that I was nothing of the sort, demanded proof of her words and informed that she was going to be reported for calling me a racist.

I reported that post of her.

Up to now the only "further development" has been both her last post calling me a racist and my reply being deleted and the thread closed.

I kindly demand an explanation of why two posts of mine have been deleted and a whole thread closed instead of measures being taken just against the perpetrator, a poster that has hitherto called "racist" both all westerners and myself.

Thank you.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Reported posts were deleted, as were posts that quoted offending sections. I'm not going to detail to you what actions have been taken against other posters. The thread has been closed because the basic premise of the topic - whether Ram would get his visa, has been answered, and the discussion is now just degenerating.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

Thank for your answer on my second post. Fair enough.

It doesn't answer though why my first post was deleted. Do you delete all reported posts? what was there in my post contrary to MTF rules? Thank you.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Having reviewed the post in question and since, as you say, they obviously do organise camel races as quite a significant social activity, although your tone was somewhat disparaging, I can't see any real grounds for deletion so I have restored that post.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

Thank you, scoobs.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
country flag Zirconek
Tęnis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

From General Messages' "The Israeli players/ Dubai controversy" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
Dubai tourney fined, loses Andy Roddick
By Herald Wire Services
Saturday, February 21, 2009 - Added 7h ago

The WTA yesterday fined Dubai Tennis Championships organizers a record $300,000 - more than double its previous high - after Israeli player Shahar Peer was denied a visa by the United Arab Emirates earlier this week.

The WTA also took steps to compensate Peer and ensure she and other Israeli players won’t be shut out of future tournaments in the federation. The UAE and Israel do not have diplomatic relations.

Also, U.S. star Andy Roddick said he wouldn’t defend his Dubai title next week.

“I really didn’t agree with what went on over there. I don’t know if it’s the best thing to mix politics and sports, and that was probably a big part of it,” Roddick said after beating fellow American Sam Querrey 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 to reach the semifinals of the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships in Memphis, Tenn.

On the court in Dubai, Venus Williams beat younger sister Serena 6-1, 2-6, 7-6 (3) to reach the final of the tournament, where she will face Virginie Razzano today. . . .

Former Fed Cup captain Zina Garrison is suing the U.S. Tennis Association, saying she was discriminated against during her time with the team because she is black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post

this is so ridiculous
I guess you searched the story in Google and now you know everything about this. Would you mind to share with us why do you think it is so ridiculous?
Old 02-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=3923013

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconek View Post
I guess you searched the story in Google and now you know everything about this. Would you mind to share with us why do you think it is so ridiculous?
I don't know everything (do you?) and I didn't search, I don't have to since it isn't my "job" to take actions on anyone or anything based on my knowledge on the matter. No, Im not sharing anything with you here, this thread isn't for that, sorry.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
country flag Zirconek
Tęnis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
I don't know everything (do you?) and I didn't search, I don't have to since it isn't my "job" to take actions on anyone or anything based on my knowledge on the matter. No, Im not sharing anything with you here, this thread isn't for that, sorry.
You don't know everything, but the impression by reading your posts in this site is that you act like if you knew.
So I have a question, what's this thread for? You started this thread in an arrogant and rude tone (by mixing with some nice words like thanks don't turn it into something polite) playing the victim card - it only partially worked, since it was stated you used the camel race story in a disparaging way.
I recommend you check the General Messages rules (no need to go further, it's the first topic I'd like you to have a look):
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129884
Even though this section of the site is made for questions, feedback, etc, it's clear the way you dealt with the situation is inappropriate.

You said you felt offended because you were called racist, and few hours later you say it's ridiculous a black woman, Garrison, suing an institution because of discrimination. Maybe Garrison is wrong in her accusation, it will be decided in the legal system and we can only hope the right decision will be taken, but I would like to know from you why did you say "it's so ridiculous". Since you already started this thread and it would be off-topic (like your original post), I decided to ask you here.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #12
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

This is the feedback forum. You're entitled to your opinion but I don't think the thread is inappropriate. No one from the staff has told me so either. I had my questions answered and my first post un-deleted, so Im satisfied. However you can always report the thread if you want. Im not interested in your impresion about me but thanks for the info.

About Garrison and the broader issue of litigation for workplace race-discrimination we can perhaps talk some other day in some other place but only if you ask nicely, which sadly haven't been the case this time

Last edited by JolánGagó : 02-22-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 AM   #13
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

This thread has fully served its purpose when I opened it, so please Mods feel free to close it at your earliest convenience. Thanks again to scoobs for bothering to reply and react.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

i like camels...

they taste like chicken...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote