****** Dubai Tournament Lets Hope To See Rogii Holding His 2nd Home Trophy ****** - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #61
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ****** Dubai Tournament Lets Hope To See Rogii Holding His 2nd Home Trophy ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
how convient
how predictable

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #62
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ****** Dubai Tournament Lets Hope To See Rogii Holding His 2nd Home Trophy ***

Screw the bandwagon fans!
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #63
country flag punk_chick

punk_chick has a reputation beyond reputepunk_chick has a reputation beyond reputepunk_chick has a reputation beyond reputepunk_chick has a reputation beyond reputepunk_chick has a reputation beyond reputepunk_chick has a reputation beyond reputepunk_chick has a reputation beyond reputepunk_chick has a reputation beyond reputepunk_chick has a reputation beyond reputepunk_chick has a reputation beyond reputepunk_chick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey88 View Post
Ugh...I get so sick of reading some of the things around here! So Roger pulls out of Dubai and DC because he has an injury, and no one believes him. And yet when Nadal pulls out of Dubai because of injury no one questions him and everyone wishes him well. Everyone blasts Roger for indirectly suggesting that his injury is responsible for his Aus Open loss (even though Roger himself has directly stated no such thing), and yet every time Nadal explains losses on tiredness and injury the response is 'oh *insert other player's name here* didn't really win fairly, because Rafa was tired/injured, poor Rafa I hope he gets better soon'.

Why should anyone doubt Roger's injury? Does he use the injury/tired excuse as much as Nadal and Djoker? He never retires from matches, and yet he it is suggested that he doesn't show respect because he's not playing DC. And yet when other players (such as Nadal)don't show up for DC rounds it's the same 'oh fair enough, they were just tired/injured, I hope they get better soon.' Now I don't have anything against Rafa as a player or a person. But the hypocrisy shown by some tennis fans and the media is astounding. It's like they have higher expectations of Roger and gleefully tear him down every time he does something that they could spin into something negative. I really feel for Roger, because if I was in his position and had to deal with all of this negativity in addition to trying to focus on my career and health I would probably lose it.

One thing I can say about the whole thing is it really reveals some people's true colours. They may have been exclaiming about how 'Roger is the GOAT' when he was number 1, but as soon as they find weaknesses they forget all about the incredible years he had as a player and his 13 GS, and show an embarrassing amount of disrespect to a great player and champion. Absolutely ignorant, dispicable, mean-spirited and shallow. I love hanging around this board though, because the true Roger fans would never spit on him for being human and not being physically infallable.

Sorry guys, just had to get that out after reading days and days worth of negativity, ignorant criticism, and bs from the media and GM. I hope Roger gets better soon, and I do think he is doing the right thing by taking more time out for himself, and not letting himself be pressured.
what pokey88 said was absolutely B.E.A.UTIFUL!!! and well said!! guys if u all are really a true fan, u should carry him and respect him in the highest and the lowest. well he's 27 and it seems that he's so close yet so far to equaling and then breaking Sampras record. he's not like 3 or 4 years ago when he was so fresh and physically stronger. so from now on every GS final he enters and gets so close to winning, it hurts real bad cause it might be the last one. and about the back injury that some of u thinks he's FAKING IT... let me remind u all of his Shanghai 2008 tournament against Murray. no one can deny THAT! cause we all saw with our OWN EYES that he was suffering from a back injury. be he never quit!! he could though, be HE DIDN'T!!! he could use that injury for that loss and easily retire, but he DIDN'T. and said that the loss was not because of his injury problem, but because of his lack of practice. if he's a fake lair guy, then why should he say something like that?!!!
but then in Roland Garros 2008 in the second set I guess Federer was up 2-love and all of a sudden Nadal became injured. (thats funny!) then Federer of course because of his humanity and dignity didn't force Nadal to run so much. and then Nadal of course took advantage of Fed's simplicity and produced shots that made Federer run soooo much. then Rafa regained his game, then Fed's game and at the end of the second set there were BARELY even a sign of leg injury shown by Nadal. of course!! because he was winning. he didn't need that slyness. now U TELL ME?!!! who's really faking it?
punk_chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #64
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, can't believe it that there are actually people around who think Roger is 'faking' his back injury!!! I guess they all missed his match at the TMC against Murray... and those who know just a little bit about these kind of injuries know that they are most often of the lingering kind. It's not a matter of 'two months rest, and BOOM!, injury-be-gone!'.

Besides that - this isn't the first time Roger has suffered back pains. Read René Stauffer's book on that, it's been an ongoing trouble throughout his career, even when he was a lot younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federerhingis View Post
I don't believe Roger is the faking type but this current withdrawal is probably a result of a combination of issues he's probably facing with his tennis at the moment, and one of the main one's besides his back issue is bearing with his most difficult loss to date. Mentally he must be very drained and he needs a little breather to think over things and come up with a tackling plan. Hopefully that is the case whereby he arrives stronger and fitter than ever.
I agree with you. Of course his back injury is genuine, but I can well imagine him needing a break because of the severe disappointment at the AO as well.
Fact is, the body and the mind aren't two entirely separate entities. Having to deal with a disappointment can well make a lingering injury appear to the surface again... sad-but-true.
Whatever, I hope this break will do well to him, in both his physical and his mental state of being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
Everybody already knew that Nadal has his number and that Roger isn't very confident against Nadal.. And Roger is an emotional person, and while I wish he hadn't cried, to call him "pathetic" for being unable to control his feelings, for being who he always has been, isn't all that fair...
An often overlooked fact. He might well be one of the most emotional and sensitive players on the entire tour. Only nitwits (media pundits) and haters (MTF GM) could be surprised at his floodgate of tears at the AO after such a terrible disappointment.

Quote:
I agree.. While Roger might have considered other factors along with his back injury, to say that him wanting to make sure that his back is completely recovered is a lie isn't called for.. He's 27, he wants to be completely fit after a bad time last year, and is it completely inconceivable that he just wants to take precaution against risking further damage?
Well said. If he indeed wants to continue playing till he's 35 years of age (I hope he does, of course!), he'll have to be more careful with his bod right now than was the case in the past. So, whatever's the reason for this break, just his back problem or a combination of things, it's the wise thing for him to do.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:52 PM   #65
country flag pokey88

pokey88 has a reputation beyond reputepokey88 has a reputation beyond reputepokey88 has a reputation beyond reputepokey88 has a reputation beyond reputepokey88 has a reputation beyond reputepokey88 has a reputation beyond reputepokey88 has a reputation beyond reputepokey88 has a reputation beyond reputepokey88 has a reputation beyond reputepokey88 has a reputation beyond reputepokey88 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Mellow Yellow and punk_chick. I'm glad that you agree with me.
pokey88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:53 AM   #66
country flag Federerhingis

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Wow, can't believe it that there are actually people around who think Roger is 'faking' his back injury!!! I guess they all missed his match at the TMC against Murray... and those who know just a little bit about these kind of injuries know that they are most often of the lingering kind. It's not a matter of 'two months rest, and BOOM!, injury-be-gone!'.

Besides that - this isn't the first time Roger has suffered back pains. Read René Stauffer's book on that, it's been an ongoing trouble throughout his career, even when he was a lot younger.

I agree with you. Of course his back injury is genuine, but I can well imagine him needing a break because of the severe disappointment at the AO as well.
Fact is, the body and the mind aren't two entirely separate entities. Having to deal with a disappointment can well make a lingering injury appear to the surface again... sad-but-true.
Whatever, I hope this break will do well to him, in both his physical and his mental state of being.
Yes the back problems are of the lingering kind and is one of the well known ailments in all of sports to be a spoiler. Especially in tennis the back can be put under a lot of stress, making it a common but reocurring ailment, like elbow tennis and shoulder problems. Hopefully this injury will be fully taken care of and he'l be fully recovered when he returns on court.
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote