Tossers Thursday - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-12-2009, 11:43 PM   #61
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tossers Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Gulbis v Roddick over 21.5

2 big servers on a fast indoor court. What more needs to be said? Roddick was taken to a breaker by Ryderstedt so he's obviously not in the best returning form. Likewise for Gulbis who needed a breaker to get past Mello. Ernie showed he can compete with Roddick at the US Open last year before nerves got the better of his. Nerves shouldn't be such a problem this time round and I see a tight one with at least one breaker here.

3u 1.83 (long gone)
adding 1 unit on ernie at 4.1 as well.

got a bit lucky today as I planned on taking a chance on Schwank and Isner but my tennis match went on a hell of a lot longer than expected.
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #62
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastoff View Post
Don't like the coupon at first glance, I'll keep the bets condensed so I don't lose too much if it all goes awry.

Mauresmo looks like she's recovering from her weekend shock, she's 1.25 to beat Niculescu. A bit low but I hope she can do it eventually.
Dent has a great chance to progress further in a tournament after Ginepri tanked against the Gingerman. 1.40/ Correction: I can see Sam Querrey has similar odds to Dent ( 1.35 ) and I'd trust him to beat Germs-mermaid better. Don't like to oppose players I've never seen. Querrey is replacing Dent then.
Jankovic has a pathetic record against Li (1-4) and she was utterly uninspiring and boring yesterday; however I'm not convinced about Li. Will try a bet on the handicap +3.5 hoping that Li can make it difficult for her ( and take a set that Schiavone couldn't take ).
I hope Ancic and Simon can have a long match so I'll try the over in a games handicap.
Ferrero looks like he's playing well and is interested in the tournament, I think this is where Bellucci's luck ends. I'll take the 1.45.
I'm not gonna bother with the rest but Nishikori can make Del Potro's life difficult on these courts, and perhaps DP is due a shocking loss, so I'm trying a little something on Kei at 5.00

To sum it up:

treble: MOMO x QUERREY x MOSQUITO @ 2.45
LI Na +3.5 games handicap @ 1.90
Ancic - Simon, over 22.5 games @ 1.83
Nishikori @ 5's

I'm on the verge of a great week ( as many other cappers in here ). Even if these lose I'm still hoping for a great end of the week.
Ciao.

L
L
W
pending

Very unlucky today. First I avoid Dent but bump into Ferrero. Was sceptical about taking him the day before, today I endorse him and he's turned over. I can see many people also lost with that idiot. Then Li covers the +1.5, covers the over but she can't cover +3.5. I only took the handicap because the bookie was not offering the over in that particular match. Now even if Nishikori wins, it's just a small bet, the big money were on the treble today.

Wonder how dylan did?

Oh well, I hope things are better tomorrow, I didn't like the coupon from the start anyway.
nastoff is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #63
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
A bit late to post the combo but I thought things started later

5/10 Combo @ 2.29 (Gamebookers)
Seppi A. v Murray A.: Murray A. 1.07
Tursunov D. v Tsonga J.-W.: Tsonga J.-W. 1.30
Tanasugarn T. v Silva N.: Tanasugarn T. 1.28
Beygelzimer Y. v Peer S.: Peer S. 1.20
Pervak K. v Wozniacki C.: Wozniacki C. 1.07

4/10 Dimitrov +6 v Nadal @ 2.3 (188bet)
Nadal was very poor against Superbol. The Italian dominated and dictated the first 1.5 sets with his agressive style and Nadal was far too passive for this quick court. At times you could see a glimpse of his class but overall the court speed seems to be too much for his liking. I'm not ruling him out for a title because of his fighting skills on the court, but I can't see things going to convincing. Dimitrov is a nice talent who has had some mixed results thusfar but you have to have some skill beaten Birdman, even on one of his bad days. The +6 handicap is set right but the odd is far too big at 188bet.
H2H: 0-0

4/10 Murray -6 v Seppi (188bet)
Everything Seppi can do, Murray can do better. Trying to frustrate his opponent with his passive baseline play won't work against Murray at all, who has a big advantage on simply every aspect of Seppi's play. Seppi has beaten him in 2006 on grass but that Murray can hardly be compared to the guy that is now in the top 4 of the world. This should be a 6-2 6-2 or something comparable if you ask me and I take this one despite usually disliking the big handicaps.
H2H: 1-0 Seppi:
25/2006 ATP Nottingham (GBR) Grass Andreas Seppi Andy Murray 7-6(4) 4-6 6-1 1/4

6/10 Llodra +3.5 v Monfils (Gamebookers)
Llodra had some fitness issues before but the fact that he plays singles and doubles AND has beaten Ivo says enough for me here. The match against Ivo was a bit dodgy with the typical break and set up scenario but Llodra looked rock solid on serve, despite his double faults. With his lefty big serve and serve+volley play he can frustrate every opponent and extreme concentration is a must if you want to beat this guy and exactly that is something that Monfils lacks. He couldn't convince in the one set he played Bohli and I can see this being a very tough nut to crack for him.
H2H: 1-1:
12/2005 ATP Miami (USA) Hard Gael Monfils Michael Llodra 3-6 6-4 6-3 First
7/2004 CH Andrezieux (FRA) I_Hard Michael Llodra Gael Monfils 6-4 6-1 First
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
5/10 Combo @ 3.26 (Gamebookers)

Clement/Llodra v Knowle/Ram: Clement/Llodra 1.45
Ferrero J.C. v Bellucci T.: Ferrero J.C. 1.44
Almagro N. v Gil F.: Almagro N. 1.20
Querrey S. v Gremelmayr D.: Querrey S. 1.30
WWLLL
Timotheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:57 AM   #64
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

Nishikori tb Del Potro $ 5.00

gl
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:02 AM   #65
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiSh View Post
Nishikori tb Del Potro $ 5.00

gl
NES

not even close
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:18 AM   #66
country flag superboy2006

superboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Won,
Won,
Lost.
superboy2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #67
country flag Machiavelli

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Ancic hc +3,5 @1,85- solid performance against the veteran Shitler, he was good on return,a couple of lapses on his own serve, but the winner was never in doubt, Simon said he had some back problems, that's why he asked to start play on wednesday, had his problems against Kohlschreiber, if the german had converted one of his million break chances in the first set who knows what could have happened

Llodra hc+3,5 - Mofils had big problems with Bohli in the first set, lucky to take it, then the swiss player retired, LLodra is still not 100%, but he had an amazing turnarround against KArlovic, he is the defending champ, obviously liek the courts, should be a tight one, Monfils does not impress me indoors...

Acasuso @1,50 - Chucho is in great form, final in Vina del MAr, he trashed Cuevas easily, Schwank was patehtic yesterday..

Ferrero @1,50 - Belluci plays at home, but he barely beat the polish qualifyer Kubot who is far from a claycourter

Fish vs. Isner over 22,5 games @1,85- two big servers, should be a tie break festival...

Gulbis hc+4,5 @1,85 - the overrated rich mug likes big matches, solid indoors, should be a tight match

Nishikori hc+5,5 @1,85- Del Potro barely won against the mug SToppini, the kamikaze kid will make him work hard...

Wozniacki hc-6,5 @1,85- pervak is another russian junior, but she prefers clay, caroline should demolish her

Mirza under 20,5 games or hc-4,5 @1,85- Diatchenko is a nobody who got lucky playing a lucky loser, the indian is far superior, and has too much game for her

MAuresmo hc-3,5 @1,85 - Amelie was amazing against Errani, playing like in the old days with the crowd on her side, she is for me something of a dark horse here for the title..

HAntuchova @2,00- Cornet was awful in the Fed cup matches, an easy win on paper in the first round here, but she played poorly, the h2h is 2-2, the last 2 matches won Cornet, but indoors i favour Daniela for a win, will be tight for sure, but Alize does not convince me...
W,L,W,L,W,W,L,void,W,W,L - an OK day, could have been better though
Old 02-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #68
country flag Ontie

Ontie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Gambler View Post
ANCIC over Simon @3.50, 1 unit
Quote:
FISH over Isner @1.50, 10 units
Quote:
SCHWANK over Acasuso @3.35, 1 unit
Quote:
GULBIS over Roddick @4.00, 1 unit
W
W
L
L

ytd W/L = 93/84

units staked = 554
units returned = 599.15

profit = +45.15 units

The respect: Lars Graf
The eye: Mohamed Layhani
The charisma: Carlos Bernardes
The voice: Kader Nouni + Steve Ullrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
if somalia goverment could be little bit clever they would solve the food crisis with one bet.
Ontie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #69
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Tsonga over Tursunov 1/3

Fish over Isner 2/5

Schwank over Acasuso 7/4 This Chucho has fucked me over 1st round and 2nd round he wont do it again........................ surely?
W
W
L

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #70
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gulbis v Roddick over 21.5

2 big servers on a fast indoor court. What more needs to be said? Roddick was taken to a breaker by Ryderstedt so he's obviously not in the best returning form. Likewise for Gulbis who needed a breaker to get past Mello. Ernie showed he can compete with Roddick at the US Open last year before nerves got the better of his. Nerves shouldn't be such a problem this time round and I see a tight one with at least one breaker here.

3u 1.83 (long gone)
Quote:
adding 1 unit on ernie at 4.1 as well.
W
l
(lost half a unit on llodra too)

Stakes on the first best should've been much bigger. I was very confident about that one.

+1u for those.

WTD:

7-7

Staked: 28
Returned: 32.91
P/L: +4.91
Old 02-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #71
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its gonna be tough but..

T.Tanasagurn over Mirza @ $1.90
Nadal-6.5 over Dimitrov @ $2.20 (Paddy Power)

GL
LL

I knew it was tough.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote