Ernests' news thread! - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #811
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
Does he really need to play in Heilbronn anyway? Even with Ainars's "private jet" - which sounds more and more fictitious by the day - he'd be dashing among a few too many places.
yeah I agree about that. the only thing is that it could have helped him increase his confidence by (hopefully) going further than second round
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #812
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, not meant to be. Not such a big loss of opportunity (except for Cath and Ellen to see him play live ). Seemed like it was an afterthought on Ernie's part to enter it to begin with, anyway. Well, he'll be better rested for Zagreb.
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #813
country flag Guille.

Guille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond repute

Guyss let me know if Ernest has a girlfriend

thanks
Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #814
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllm189 View Post
Guyss let me know if Ernest has a girlfriend

thanks
What would it change if he had a girlfriend? We like to know things about his life but not THAT private We know him from tennis, we like him because he plays tennis...and the rest is actually none of our bussines. So I can't give you an answer, and I'm afraid no one can. I'm sorry
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #815
country flag underyourbridge

underyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!

Some news about Ernests : http://www.tennisreporters.net/gulbis021109.html
underyourbridge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #816
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by underyourbridge View Post
thanks for the link. so if I understood correctly he has a virus right now? and is still recovering? the whole article sounds a bit weird though lol
Old 02-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #817
country flag cath85

lol it's indeed very strangely written. could mean everything and nothing. I think it was done on purpose
Old 02-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #818
country flag ekkikossar

ekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond reputeekkikossar has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just say that article puts together a lot of stuff and just tries (neither so good) to give it a decent shape and sense. I dont know if he is on antibiotics and all but, I'd say, he seemed healthy in Zagreb.
ekkikossar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #819
country flag cath85

here's an article about the match:

"I guess I started off pretty well," said Roddick. "But I thought he started serving really well in the second set."

Roddick had his hands full with the Latvian, who didn't seem flustered by the hard-serving defending champion. Roddick is trying to win the tournament for a record fourth time.

Roddick used serves clocked at 150, 147, and 142 mph to easily win the first set. But Gulbis almost turned the tables on Roddick in the second set, matching him point for point until the losing the tiebreaker.

Although Gulbis had six double faults, he constantly flustered Roddick with his strong serves and return game. At one point after being aced, Roddick tossed his racket to the side in disbelief.

Roddick's unforced errors gave Gulbis the opportunity he needed to challenge.

It was a little frustrating to not be able to get into a rhythm at all," said Roddick. "And then he started hitting first serves for second serves. If he's making it there isn't much I can do. A lot of the time he plays pretty high-risk so you are kind of at his mercy."

http://license.icopyright.net/user/v...x_id=D96AI5NG0
I thought it was kind of interesting to see things from Andy's perspective
Old 02-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #820
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

At his mercy But it's true, high-risk all the time... It can either go good or awful. But they should really start to interview the loser all the time too I need a new interview to read or watch.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
Old 02-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #821
country flag cath85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
At his mercy But it's true, high-risk all the time... It can either go good or awful. But they should really start to interview the loser all the time too I need a new interview to read or watch.
you know they are not interested in losers he needs to start winning I'm afraid
Old 02-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #822
country flag ellen_

He just hates interviews Can you blame him for losing then? People always laugh with him during an interview but he never knows why

Old 02-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #823
country flag cath85

lol indeed. but we like them, so he should start to win some bloody matches! not liking interviews is not an excuse for losing
Old 02-18-2009, 07:10 AM   #824
country flag ellen_

lol Di, to be honest - I didn't really know why you posted it That's probably why I didn't react

Old 02-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #825
country flag ellen_

I'll also post an article, Di It's useless and google-translated but it's better than nothing. http://translate.google.be/translate...hl=nl&ie=UTF-8

Those breikbumbas are still killing me And "This pair is a favorite of convincing Del Potra, who posted in this tournament with a 2 number, but whether he will be directly Swan opponent, only to hear tonight." I love that google translator.