RafaChat Part 30 - Page 300 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #4486
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Deserted Chat Thread

Watch Ferru getting broken here and losing the match
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #4487
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

I see by the title and by reading back that there have been a lot of absences lately. Hope everyone is doing well.

Evita, have fun in Rotterdam! I think it's great you could go last-minute like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Hi Cheryl

See the thread title? Nice of you to come back By the way, (I'm telling you this because I know you don't read back ) I'm going to NL tomorrow to watch Rafa in Rotterdam on Thursday

How was Niagara falls? If I ever go to America it's one of the places I'd like to visit
Evita, you have to go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls if you come to North America, not just the American side. I've been to Niagara Falls many times, to both sides. Cheryl, I hope you had a nice weekend.
Minn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #4488
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Morning

I would like to see this Dmitrov play. If Rafa wins today, he plays the young one next, doesn't he?
I think Rafa plays tomorrow, but yes, he'll play Dimitrov in round 2. I want to see him play too, Hema. I've heard good things about this kid.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #4489
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
See the thread title?
Maria is missing her thread men (Genci, JM, GWH, BD,...) to flirt with.
Mikey is Betty's toy boy and I haven't seen her flirt with Adam much.
The women who stick here are like chopped liver to her.

Tennizen, Rafa doesn't play today but tomorrow.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #4490
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe there is no live stream for Rotterdam. WTF.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #4491
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
I think Rafa plays tomorrow, but yes, he'll play Dimitrov in round 2. I want to see him play too, Hema. I've heard good things about this kid.
I always get so excited about up and coming players Like Jess says, once players start realizing their potential, the excitement kind of dies down a little bit. And this kid comes with Adam's reco and Adam was right about Rafa so ..

Edit: Maria and Hilde thanks although I am wondering why Hilde used tennizen in addressing me
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #4492
country flag cmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post

Evita, you have to go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls if you come to North America, not just the American side. I've been to Niagara Falls many times, to both sides. Cheryl, I hope you had a nice weekend.
This is true, Evita. The American side is nowhere near as impressive as the Canadian side. In fact, I think few people bother with the American side very much. I've been on many occasions myself - I live quite close. We went up because there is an indoor water park which we took the kids to.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #4493
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I have ES SB and it sucks big time
I can *SB* for you if you like. Ferru won the 2nd set TB 7-4.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #4494
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
This is true, Evita. The American side is nowhere near as impressive as the Canadian side. In fact, I think few people bother with the American side very much. I've been on many occasions myself - I live quite close. We went up because there is an indoor water park which we took the kids to.
I haven't been there yet even though I have been living on the EC for six years or so. The Indians have a funny name for these kind of touristy places in the US. They call them "Patel points". Patel is a generic name for an Indian. And Patel points are places where Indians visit first thing when they go to US, take pictures and send them back home to boast about
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #4495
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

My parents have been to the Canadian side of the Niagara Falls, not sure about the American side.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #4496
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
The name Rijkaard is also mentioned quite a lot in the Dutch press but some argue that he's not ready for a big team like Chelsea yet.
He coached Barcelona and won the CL, much bigger club than Chelsea.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #4497
country flag cmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
I haven't been there yet even though I have been living on the EC for six years or so. The Indians have a funny name for these kind of touristy places in the US. They call them "Patel points". Patel is a generic name for an Indian. And Patel points are places where Indians visit first thing when they go to US, take pictures and send them back home to boast about
Patel points. That's great. It IS rather funny. Niagara Falls seems to be quite popular with especially Japanese and Indian tourists (I base that statement on the extremely scientific process of looking around when I'm there). The problem as I see it is that Niagara Falls is only interesting for a day or two.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #4498
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hema & Melanie

I'll be sure to remember about the Canadian side

Now, does anyone have any advice about Rotterdam? I've never been to a tennis tournament before. Most likely I'll be going alone. What should I take with me? What should I do/not do? What are the most important things to remember?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #4499
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
I can *SB* for you if you like. Ferru won the 2nd set TB 7-4.
Thanks maria, keep them coming

Ferrer
Old 02-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #4500
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Maria is missing her thread men (Genci, JM, GWH, BD,...) to flirt with.
Mikey is Betty's toy boy and I haven't seen her flirt with Adam much.
The women who stick here are like chopped liver to her.

That's the story of my life.
About the women - since Betty is missing too I've gotta take over Mikey, my last resort. And Claire is missing from the women... and Evita will be gone for a few days...
I better get back to the official Federer fangirls thread now.