Tennis Tipping Rules & Questions - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #16
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping FAQ/Guide

Great thread

I have a question though - what is this 'old' system mentioned below? When determining the order of LL's which results are counted? Only from the final qualifying round or all the qualifying rounds?

Quote:
LL's just like in the ATP, except the order of lucky losers will be determined with the 'old' system (most correct picks, SR's, PTS...)
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #17
country flag Tankman

Tankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond repute

old = our system i think

Tennis Tipping 2013
Doubles (275): W
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Tankman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #18
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

I have another question, if a playa commits to a torunament, but then changer his mind, cancel this "inscription" and commit to another tourney before the first deadline, is he a LE? Cause he commits in time, the only problem is that he was in another commitment for that week and cancels it (for some reason like points or more chance to make the MD on the other or even time zone).

Tks.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #19
country flag Tankman

Tankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond repute

yes

see case of Nando_L v Board of Tennis Tipping in Ro'dam and on the managers thread

Tennis Tipping 2013
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Old 02-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #20
country flag gaynor

gaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond repute

But Nando re-committed to the same tournament. Say someone commits to an ATP event on Monday, then withdrews and commits to a Challenger on Tuesday, are they a LE then?

Also what if that person deletes their committment from the ATP event so there is no longer any record they actually posted in the thread. Are they an LE for the Challenger?
gaynor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #21

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankman View Post
yes

see case of Nando_L v Board of Tennis Tipping in Ro'dam and on the managers thread
It´s okay that these people have disvantage from the others who commit in time only one time, but they should have advantage to other late entries who didn´t respected the first deadline. This way someone who changes idea in the first day of commitment (before 2 weeks) can get out of the tourney cause of bad rkg.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #22
country flag Tankman

not a bad idea

lets set up a TT Court, and that can be the first test case

we can set new precedent here. Yay

Tennis Tipping 2013
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Old 02-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #23
country flag Tankman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaynor View Post
But Nando re-committed to the same tournament. Say someone commits to an ATP event on Monday, then withdrews and commits to a Challenger on Tuesday, are they a LE then?

Also what if that person deletes their committment from the ATP event so there is no longer any record they actually posted in the thread. Are they an LE for the Challenger?
interesting - TT court FTW

That's just bad - mods can find out paper trail. They should be banned for cheating

Tennis Tipping 2013
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Old 02-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Great thread

I have a question though - what is this 'old' system mentioned below? When determining the order of LL's which results are counted? Only from the final qualifying round or all the qualifying rounds?
Final round If tied, the previous round is used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheblues_86 View Post
I have another question, if a playa commits to a torunament, but then changer his mind, cancel this "inscription" and commit to another tourney before the first deadline, is he a LE? Cause he commits in time, the only problem is that he was in another commitment for that week and cancels it (for some reason like points or more chance to make the MD on the other or even time zone).

Tks.
Yes, LE. Actually tournament changes are only allowed after the first deadline, so any change before the first deadline must be considered a normal late entry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaynor View Post

LE and LE Players are not allowed to delete their commitments.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:23 PM   #25
country flag Tankman

yes we know Mulo

look at my suggestions here and on manager's thread

Tennis Tipping 2013
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Old 03-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #26
country flag ClaudiuS

ClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond repute

I think we need to have stricted round deadlines from events like TMS, to the players who have commited to the challenger and that should or shouldn't be allowed to play in that challenger, because they're still playing in the TMS.

Like the ones who get dismissed from the TMS on the round played on FRIDAY, gets the chance to play qualies and MD. I think that it's the most valid option, because it won't mess with the challenger draw and further schedules, like the OOP, etc.

Just an option.
ClaudiuS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #27

up

Old 05-31-2009, 06:54 PM   #28
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Question:

Can I only fill my MD with LL from the final round of qualifying? What happens if I have more than 4 LL spots in my draw? Can I get LLs from the first round if necessary to fill my draw?
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:57 PM   #29
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Question:

Can I only fill my MD with LL from the final round of qualifying? What happens if I have more than 4 LL spots in my draw? Can I get LLs from the first round if necessary to fill my draw?
You can get LLs from the first round if necessary
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:02 PM   #30
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytta!. View Post
You can get LLs from the first round if necessary
Excellent.

One more question, this is a good one.

I have 3 LLs to put in my MD for Nottingham due to RG related withdrawals.

So I'm sorting my 4 final round qualifying losers, and have my first 2. One of the last 2 is in and the other is out, right? Except, the last 2 to choose between are doubles partners, who have sent identical picks for both rounds of qualifying, and thus have identical scores and SRs

How do I choose which one is automatically in? Ranking?
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote