***The Australian Open 2009 Thread*** - Page 195 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:41 AM   #2911
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***The Australian Open 2009 Thread***

Great article, I totally agree. I also think that Roger's AO meltdown was a buildup of a long year of disappointment, frustration, selfdoubt and the eagerness to show he is still the one. AO in my opinion was only the straw that broke the camel's back...or the drop that made the glass overflow.
"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali“

————————————
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #2912
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
Great article, I totally agree. I also think that Roger's AO meltdown was a buildup of a long year of disappointment, frustration, selfdoubt and the eagerness to show he is still the one. AO in my opinion was only the straw that broke the camel's back...or the drop that made the glass overflow.
I think it goes deeper. I think it was the cumulative effect of all 6 GS losses to Nadal going back to the 2005 FO semi. No doubt in my mind.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #2913
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

I think the press is just doing what the press does.
Foresight is not in the description of a journalists job, they only write about what's happening in the moment.
But, as always, it's shortsighted and most of it written with little comprehension of this sport. And of Roger, of course.

Sophie, you said someone should lock this thread, right? I think it need to stay open, someone might want to bump it when Roger wins his next slam.

This period is a painfully necessary cleansing, a lot has happened that maybe wasn't fully acknowledged and it just needed to sink in.
I'm sure we'll all see Roger get even better soon.

(A little fangirly moment coming up, pardon me)
Yay, go Roger!!!
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote