Fed's tears justified? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were Fed's tears justifeid?

Yes 201 62.42%
No 121 37.58%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #16
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's tears justified?

They're fine by me, hopefully we'll see it many more times in the future as well
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #17
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

it's fucking awesome that he cried, that's how bad he wanted it, that's how much it meant to him. If he was a pussy he would have found a way to justify the loss to himself, to tell himself just getting to the final was a great accomplishment, blah blah blah. Nothing wrong with crying, and he didn't steal Rafa's thunder for christ's sake, Rafa will go down in history as the 2009 Australian Open Champion, the first spaniard to ever win it, blah blah blah, and a USO away from a career slam, he can spare a little limelight for five minutes.
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #18
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

All my respect for Roger went flying out the window today. Him breaking down in tears after the match was akin to a ten year old boy crying after being beat in a game of monopoly. His tears stemmed from being bested by Rafa yet again. He can't handled being number two and he most definitely can't handle losing, especially to Rafa. Yeah, he can surely dish it, but he's not man enough to take it.

We all know Federer has a history of temper tantrums that's been well documented. It was a real big problem in the juniors and It even spilled over into the early stages of his professional career. Federer has went on record talking about how hard it was for him to get past it. What happened after the final was Roger regressing into his familiar role as a bad loser. Seeing Roger balling like that revealed a lot about his character and I'm not impressed.
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #19
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he could help it. I find it hard to imagine that if he could help it, he would have chosen to break down and cause a scene. He's never given me serious tool vibes before. So, I find it hard to fault a guy for bawling when he clearly couldn't help himself. I don't find it hard to giggle at the uncomfortableness of it all, though.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #20
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

fed is not human
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #21
country flag Quadruple Tree

Quadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefwhit View Post
All my respect for Roger went flying out the window today. Him breaking down in tears after the match was akin to a ten year old boy crying after being beat in a game of monopoly. His tears stemmed from being bested by Rafa yet again. He can't handled being number two and he most definitely can't handle losing, especially to Rafa. Yeah, he can surely dish it, but he's not man enough to take it.

We all know Federer has a history of temper tantrums that's been well documented. It was a real big problem in the juniors and It even spilled over into the early stages of his professional career. Federer has went on record talking about how hard it was for him to get past it. What happened after the final was Roger regressing into his familiar role as a bad loser. Seeing Roger balling like that revealed a lot about his character and I'm not impressed.
LOL. You think being a match away from an historical achievement and fulfilling a dream that he has had since he first started playing tennis is comparable to a game of monopoly? :retard:
Old 02-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #22
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

a temper tantrum?! he was distraught. he had just battled for over 4 hours against his biggest rival in front of his idol, and had lost. he knew that all the criticism he had managed to deflect after the USO would come flooding back, and he would have to face endless comments about the end of his career and the start of a decline.
and he's not allowed to cry?

I don't understand your view at all.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #23
country flag Bobby

Bobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't agree. When you work hard for something and give it all you got, it hurts like hell if you fail. I haven't been to a GS final, but I can imagine how he felt.

Singles Rank: 202
2007: QF Forest Hills CH, Turin CH, Scheveningen CH

Doubles Rank: 189
2007: W Turin CH (w/Dougie), F Scheveningen CH (w/Dougie)
Bobby is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #24
country flag bizzle

bizzle has a reputation beyond reputebizzle has a reputation beyond reputebizzle has a reputation beyond reputebizzle has a reputation beyond reputebizzle has a reputation beyond reputebizzle has a reputation beyond reputebizzle has a reputation beyond reputebizzle has a reputation beyond reputebizzle has a reputation beyond reputebizzle has a reputation beyond reputebizzle has a reputation beyond repute

he needs to grow a pair

gold medal winning DOUBLE grand slam champion OBE SPOTY
bizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #25
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

cut the crap that he is human and bla bla bla

the tears were pathetic , he has got 13 GS and will eventually get to 14 and more, it was just a tennis match and not his retirement
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #26
country flag Cafisho

Cafisho has a reputation beyond reputeCafisho has a reputation beyond reputeCafisho has a reputation beyond reputeCafisho has a reputation beyond reputeCafisho has a reputation beyond reputeCafisho has a reputation beyond reputeCafisho has a reputation beyond reputeCafisho has a reputation beyond reputeCafisho has a reputation beyond reputeCafisho has a reputation beyond reputeCafisho has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post
wtf? he was devastated, he'd just lost a match he could have won, to the guy he can't seem to beat lately, in front of his childhood hero, and he was physically and emotionally drained. he didn't cry after Wimbledon, let him cry now. I think it's quite clear that he wasn't trying to steal Rafa's thunder

have some fucking empathy, all of you who criticise him for displaying natural human emotion.
I totally agree with you.
Cafisho is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #27
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck off
partygirl is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #28
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa should pay him back when he beats Federer next time, and celebrate like crazy his win and his achievements.

Fed is not #1 anymore and he should learn to deal with it!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #29
country flag xargon

xargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond repute

He is a pussy and a mean one too.

Roger had all the advantages,
A cupcake draw,
His pigeon getting the open roof
An extra day rest while being number 2.

I am glad Rafa is the Fed blocker. I loved it!

For all those who think this wuss cried because the loss was just so monumental, remember this is not the first time. He is a girly man. Here is the wuss with Henman.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8QDlcFHA4o

Last edited by xargon : 02-01-2009 at 08:18 PM.
xargon is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #30
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly don't think Roger could help it, all of his emotions just came flooding out. He reminded me of a hormonal youngster who just can't control it. I did feel terribly sorry for him and for Nadal. I thought Raffa looked guilty and really sad tbh. His eyes said it all as we all know how much he admires and respect Fed. I don't think this was premeditated on Roger's part to deflect attention away from Raffa. I actually think Fed is a really emotional person even when things are going well for him. I found it uncomfortable to watch as I thought Fed will never live it down.
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread