2009 Australian Open - Futures - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #31
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Australian Open - Futures

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Watched his match against PHM, granted the french mug couldn't make a decent 2nd serve to save his life Djoko was outstanding especially with the backhand. I'll put that first up loss to Gulbis down to lack of motivation as he was very sharp today and was so even when I watched him practice on Monday.

Getting on him to win the AO at that price even if it means he has to do something that he has yet to do his whole career - defend a title.
Who will beat Murray then?

Djokovic sure as hell has no hope of doing so...
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #32
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Watched his match against PHM, granted the french mug couldn't make a decent 2nd serve to save his life Djoko was outstanding especially with the backhand. I'll put that first up loss to Gulbis down to lack of motivation as he was very sharp today and was so even when I watched him practice on Monday.

Getting on him to win the AO at that price even if it means he has to do something that he has yet to do his whole career - defend a title.
Cheers mate. I've already taken him at 8.6 on betfair. Unlikely he'll drift any further now.

Murray looks the best player in the world right now but I can't have him at that price. He can play down favouritism all he likes but there's more pressure on him than ever before right now.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #33
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Who will beat Murray then?

Djokovic sure as hell has no hope of doing so...
He is more than capable of beating Murray over a best of 5 set match.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #34
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He is more than capable of beating Murray over a best of 5 set match.
Djokovic would need to serve like Karlovic and return like Muray in order to beat Murray.

I have never seen the one slam wonder do either of these.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #35
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

djokovic played like absolute shite in Canada and Cinci and the scorelines were still quite close.

at his best he's consistent enough not to get frustrated by Murray's variety and he can definitely get on top of Murray's second serve. Murray would be favourite if they met in oz but it wouldn't be a formality by any means.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #36
country flag Bolelli Ultra

Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra

LMAO Hewitt has drawn Gonzalez in the first round of the Aus Open.
Bolelli Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #37
country flag superhoops

superhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond repute

5 units monfils @ 75
5 units nalbandian @ 40
15 units federer @ 3.8

all except federer with a view to trade, all on form and all with very good draws. good luck
SF: Sopot CH
QF: Guadalajara CH

Doubles (with tennisfancroatia unless stated)
CHAMPION: Vancouver CH
Runner-Up:
SF: Sopot CH, Astana CH(w/herbal), San Marino CH
QF:
superhoops is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #38
country flag FedAce

FedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond repute

andy Murray is a real deal however. he will make a run at it this year. what do you guys think about upsets at OZ open ? does it happen more in the 1st week or 2nd week ?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #39
country flag superhoops

superhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhoops View Post
5 units monfils @ 75
5 units nalbandian @ 40
15 units federer @ 3.8

all except federer with a view to trade, all on form and all with very good draws. good luck
glad i got on, nalby dropped to 30 and monfils to 60
SF: Sopot CH
QF: Guadalajara CH

Doubles (with tennisfancroatia unless stated)
CHAMPION: Vancouver CH
Runner-Up:
SF: Sopot CH, Astana CH(w/herbal), San Marino CH
QF:
superhoops is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #40
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Djokovic would need to serve like Karlovic and return like Muray in order to beat Murray.

I have never seen the one slam wonder do either of these.
I'm sure a ONE slam wonder is capable of beating a ZERO slam wonder
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #41
bad gambler

Del Potro to win - $34

Nalbandian to win - $21

Djokovic to win - $8.50

Venus Williams to win - $5.00

Wozniacki to win - $27

gl
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #42
country flag Julio
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Julio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond repute

We never know with this Slam. Roger Federer has an easy draw.
Julio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #43
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Roger Federer @ 11/4

Richard Gasquet E/W @ 66/1

Monfils E/W @ 50/1

A.Radwanska E/W @ 40-1

V.Azarenka E/W @ 66/1
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:43 AM   #44
country flag Gunner

Gunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond repute

Ive just joint the action on the outright ;-)

Nadal @ 4-1
Gulbis @ 66-1

Zvonerava @ 20-1
Dokic @ 300-1 (bit of fun gotta get behind her!)
Old 01-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #45
country flag Julio
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Julio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal to win Australian Open @ 4.50. (big play)
Julio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote