Australian Open 1st Round Discussion (Men/Women) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #31
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open 1st Round Discussion (Men/Women)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
The AO is unique in that the weather plays such a huge role in the outcome of the matches, many of these players are simply not used to the extreme heat.
agreed. just need to find out who.

imagine they would play in perth
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #32
country flag superboy2006

superboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy2006 View Post
Greetings,chaps....
Lets,as some of you, pathetic braggers,would say,start THE Money-making!

Lots of tempting bids in the 1st rounds agenda:
1.People will presumably continue Vliegens underrating and thats positively a swell trend!
Starting as a slight dog now Kris is traded at +4,5 HC!!!.....This chap posesses much complete and skillful game in comparisant with ballbashing Italian with obsolete return ....Vliegen has been competitive vs. great returner Kohlshreiber and frustrated him with powerfull game(dont speculate about his immense struggle vs. Hernandez, King managed to astonish a lot with his HC improvement),on the whole Kris is much more gifted contender and that seems to be a fabulous opportunity to remind the onlookers about his 2006 feats,H2H is 1-0 for Belgian......+4.5 with pleasure.
2.Gilles Muller has been veritably terrific lately....magnifecent execution of his main merit - strong consistent serving has been backed up with good strokes and nice footwork.....i got strong hesitations that rusty Feli with his slice philosophy will manage to blow an in-form inspired Muller off the court...tough long-haul fight is anticipated....+4.5 with confidence....
3.Seen Berdychs 2009 clashes and been amazed with his obscure form.....bad serving,lots of unusual mistakes and absence of tenacity....Ofcourse Gino has never been an avatar of mental stability and his own form is not in bloom but on the whole taking into consideration Americans serve and local conditions which are relatively similar to his favorite yankees grounds, +6 on Ginepri appers to be a nice investment...

The odds on Hrbaty,Florian Mayer,Korolev HC,Malisse HC and Dent havent been released yet....but all of them are turning me into elation....

Also have grabbed Kindlmanns HC for the 2nd day.....will be permanently laying obscure Canas even of clay....Argie has deteriorated VASTLY since 2007 and at a current moment presents a mediocre journeyman of himself....just like Dieter,but German prefers hard surface and has caught some nice form surpassing stern Q-es test in style....+6 at a current conditions is a pure bonanza...
4.Adding Hrbaty at 1.7......Big and clumsy...Isner is ready to be served for the dinner....Dominik is experiencing his second youth....amazing performance in Perth is backed up with confident brease through Q-es tourney.....Match-up is perfect for Hrbaty and i assume him to be all over serving John in 3 sets.....
5.I guess time is eventually catching up the great champion Carlos.....he is slow and acts without precision in his shots, my erratic compatriot Korolev resorts to blazing and emphatic hit or miss style, which is definatly not what aging Carlos applyes for.....even at his better times Korolev managed to stun Spaniard on his soil in Barcelona06, so this time such outcome looks to be much more probable.....substantial investment on +3 for Korolev...
6.Taylor looked absolutly fine during Brisbanes forum....served his boombs on a regular basis and was handling the ball at the net with success and on the whole reminded himself from 2005 before his bizzare injury....Delic is average challenger contender without any weapons but for formidable serve, his game is boring and readable.....of course there is a concern about Taylors fitness and ability to compete under the hot Melbournes sun on a long-haul basis thats why i am plowing back into just medium stake at a price of 2.1 for Dent, its definatly worth a try....

Also seized great offer on Stakhovsky for the day second!......2.1 its great vs. out of sorts Clement who has been slumping recently closing the end of his swell career......even when Arnie used to be a threat young Sergei managed to turn their 2 clashes into thrillers.....in 2008 Ukrainian established himself as a stalwart Top 50 inhabitant in comparisant with Frenchie who has obtained a pathetic faculty of not passing even Q-es of ATP tourneys.......2.1 with solid stakes.

Last edited by superboy2006 : 01-17-2009 at 07:32 PM.
superboy2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #33
country flag maconick

maconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond repute

My Bets:

Feliciano Lopez @ 1.50
Evgeny Korolev @ 2.10
Simone Bolelli @ 1.57
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez @ 2.20
Fabio Fognini @ 2.50
Kei Nishikori @ 1.83
Vince Spadea @ 1.53
Tsvetana Pironkova @ 1.61
Edina Gallovits @ 1.61
Stephanie Dubois @ 3.50
Lucie Safarova @ 1.83
Sabine Lisicki @ 1.73
Sesil Karatantcheva @ 1.57
maconick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #34
country flag Ontie

Ontie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond repute

Will we open new daily threads?
Ontie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #35
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

That would be wise I guess
Timotheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #36
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

yes open one ontario, this is just discussion
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #37
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haas might start to shorten dramatically...
BINGO

GLAD I TOOK THE 1.90

NOW 1.50
Old 01-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #38
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean he's alright? I'd rather trust a 1.50 knowing that Haas is fine rather than a 1.90 on Haas with an injury concern. His conditioning is always an issue these days.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #39
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

The price change could be based on what people know about Schwank's fitness rather than Tommy's. The Argie hasn't played since October.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #40
country flag Iván
Banned!

Quote:
In the womens i like

Voskoboeva over szvay @ $2.80- big fall from grace by agnes in the last year

Paszek over Dokic @ $1.90- Dokic isnt ready
Belluci over Lu @ $2.38- I like Belluci
Bolleli over Vliegen @ $1.75- much steadier player
PHM over Nemo @ $2.10- BIG value here as books have over-estimated nemo current form
Quote:
Tomic over starace $4.00- this is the big risk of the tournament
My early plays gave me a good return, now onto the bottom half!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #41
country flag maconick

maconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maconick View Post
My Bets:

Feliciano Lopez @ 1.50
Evgeny Korolev @ 2.10
Simone Bolelli @ 1.57
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez @ 2.20
Fabio Fognini @ 2.50
Kei Nishikori @ 1.83
Vince Spadea @ 1.53
Tsvetana Pironkova @ 1.61
Edina Gallovits @ 1.61
Stephanie Dubois @ 3.50
Lucie Safarova @ 1.83
Sabine Lisicki @ 1.73
Sesil Karatantcheva @ 1.57
L
W
W
W
W
L
L
W
W
L
W
W
W

9-4 Not bad
maconick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #42
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
One that stands out for me is Delic over Dent 5/6- i'm grabing that
Booommmmmmmmmmmm

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #43
country flag Iván
Banned!

THATS GOOD MACONIK

GOOd hit ryan.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #44
country flag maxxo

maxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxo View Post
possible "upsets" imo : cipolla, koubek, dancevic, tomic
dancevic is a useless prick, but 3/4 is not so bad
Old 01-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #45
country flag Ontie

Ontie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond repute

2nd round discussion

Tsonga @1.25 over Ljuba warrior... all-in-bank-account bet?
Ontie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote