Down Under Dance: Looking For A Win At The 2009 Oz Open! - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #151
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Down Under Dance: Looking For A Win At The 2009 Oz Open!

No.....

Almagro won.

Almagro was handing Nico the break, and Nico wouldn't take it. Giving him weak second serves, and Nico said no thanks, you take it.

Oh well...lots of positives here. The warrior is back! Almagro is a solid player, and Nico did well.

Nico... Very proud right now of him after a crappy start...
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 02:45 AM   #152
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Nico lost but what a match!!! I am proud of how he played and am so glad he has found his warrior again!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 AM   #153
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

And can I say, if Nico doesn't look at this result and rethink his schedule, something is wrong.

Almagro would have kicked our Nico's butt in straight sets on clay. Our Nico is good on hardcourts - why he doesn't put more effort into hardcourts is beyond me...simply beyond me.

Just heard on ESPN that Nico didn't like some calls at the end - was giving the chair umpire a hard time after the match.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:49 AM   #154
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Nico.

Sound like Nico was unhappy about some calls, Mary Carillo just said he "was giving the judge the business" after the match was over. I suppose we might hear more about why later.....

Again, despite the dissapointing loss, I am heartened by Nico's performance today, didnt' give up, kept on fighting. Showed losts of spirit. Needs to stop getting tight at crucial moments but he's been like that since I started following him 4 1/2 yrs ago so I'm not holding my breath

VAMOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 01-20-2009, 02:52 AM   #155
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't miss it I was watching some games at the tv

Oh my is good that you didn't watch the end because you'd like to punch Nico in the head he lost his mind (as usual) and even after the match finished he kept complaining about some missed calls at the umpire

Anyway like you said, lots of positive things here, I really didn't think that he could have won at least one set and this is a really nice surprise, if he just decides to keep this going we don't have to think that this could be another terrible season ... I mean after being playing challengers it was more than obvious that he wouldn't be able to come back to a big tournament and giving fight to the 17th seed but he did it ... if he wouldn't have lost his mind well maybe he would have broken Almagro but anyway, this is part of Nico's personality

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:54 AM   #156
country flag Sparko1030

KID!!! We've been suffering here without you its about time you showed up! Sounds like it is a good thing we didn't see the end if that's how it happend but yeah, that is Nico.....and always has been

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 01-20-2009, 02:57 AM   #157
country flag NicoFan

I'm glad that I didn't see it then....I've felt like smacking him too many times. Too bad he lost it - no reason to do that when you are in a tight match. Second round would have been easy - he could have made it into the 3rd round.

He's loco...and sadly it's cost him in his career many times.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:05 AM   #158
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

yes he is loco but that's Nicolas ... he was okay but yeah he blew it at the end and Almagro was really calm so it was a matter of time

oh and I wasn't at home since the begining of the match, I was at my tennis lesson, then shower time and then the tv

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 01-20-2009, 03:59 AM   #159
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

How sad, i really wanted to see Nico winning... but is the same nightmare.

Hope for a good draw in Viña now, vamos Nico

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #160
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my. I went to bed after 2 sets, and now I see the that score. Good fight but it's not enough.
TommyB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #161
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB. View Post
Oh my. I went to bed after 2 sets, and now I see the that score. Good fight but it's not enough.
Yeah, it's not enough. And yes, it's just Nico being Nico, but you would think that at 28 years old that he'd begin to mature enough to realize that type of behavior only loses matches. I don't know what he was thinking. He needs to comeback, he needs the points, he obviously needs the win. It's very discouraging to watch this match after match.

Hopefully he'll do well during the LA swing. Well, he has to do well or he's back down in challengers after Miami.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 AM   #162
country flag kidnicky

well sadly it was just Nico being Nico

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini