Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
john28

john28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Hi

I only come here now and again, but I have run a fan site for David the last seven years that was davidnalbandian.net and many of you were very kind enough to support the site and of course the forum over the years. Unfortunately the site and the forum collapsed at the end of 2008, due to several issues and factors that are too complex to go into here.

After a lot of reflection I have decided to relaunch the site under a new address, www.dotnalbandian.com . I would like to think that those who visited the dot net site will pay a visit maybe. At the moment the forum is closed but will be revived soon in a different format, as will the whole site in a new, more up to date design.

I am aware that the moderators of the dot net site are unhappy at how things closed and I guess I have some apologies to deliver, but I hope that we can talk that over in time . Bottom line is that I still think there's room for a fun, unofficial site for David.

John
john28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Personally, I don't care what happens to the unofficial site. Ever since being dumped not once, but twice, by you, I don't have any intention of ever signing up. So, if you need anything, talk to someone else.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
country flag L÷wenherz

L÷wenherz has a reputation beyond reputeL÷wenherz has a reputation beyond reputeL÷wenherz has a reputation beyond reputeL÷wenherz has a reputation beyond reputeL÷wenherz has a reputation beyond reputeL÷wenherz has a reputation beyond reputeL÷wenherz has a reputation beyond reputeL÷wenherz has a reputation beyond reputeL÷wenherz has a reputation beyond reputeL÷wenherz has a reputation beyond reputeL÷wenherz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John,

liked your site a lot and I'm glad it's not gone forever. Looking forward to the new one.
L÷wenherz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
Personally, I don't care what happens to the unofficial site. Ever since being dumped not once, but twice, by you, I don't have any intention of ever signing up. So, if you need anything, talk to someone else.
What is the deal with him ?
Old 01-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post

It's a long story, but I'm going to summarize by saying that it's awfully damned suspicious of him coming over here to announce news of a new unofficial site AFTER David wins a tournament. He closed the last version when ARG lost the DC, and David got into all kinds of hot water about the events surrounding it. I don't know why he even bothers.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
country flag Jackie Stephens

Jackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond repute

Nice site, what program did you use to make it?
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
john28

john28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond reputejohn28 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
There is no "deal", thank you. And nobody was "dumped", sadly some people just thought they were bigger than David and the site.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
john28

Quote:
It's a long story, but I'm going to summarize by saying that it's awfully damned suspicious of him coming over here to announce news of a new unofficial site AFTER David wins a tournament. He closed the last version when ARG lost the DC, and David got into all kinds of hot water about the events surrounding it. I don't know why he even bothers.
You really don't make yourself look very good do you? Classy lady.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by john28 View Post
There is no "deal", thank you. And nobody was "dumped", sadly some people just thought they were bigger than David and the site.
Is that what you think? Really?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
country flag Jackie Stephens

Jackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is that what you think? Really?
I don't even know what you guys are saying but still it's a nice site. Mine is pretty good to.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
You really don't make yourself look very good do you? Classy lady.
Great gentleman you are too....really great.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
okay I don't know the whole story so I won't give my opinion. My point was just to know what happened, because I kind of liked the old website since it's because of it I'm here
Old 01-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #13
country flag Andra85

Andra85 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi

I only come here now and again, but I have run a fan site for David the last seven years that was davidnalbandian.net and many of you were very kind enough to support the site and of course the forum over the years. Unfortunately the site and the forum collapsed at the end of 2008, due to several issues and factors that are too complex to go into here.

After a lot of reflection I have decided to relaunch the site under a new address, www.dotnalbandian.com . I would like to think that those who visited the dot net site will pay a visit maybe. At the moment the forum is closed but will be revived soon in a different format, as will the whole site in a new, more up to date design.

I am aware that the moderators of the dot net site are unhappy at how things closed and I guess I have some apologies to deliver, but I hope that we can talk that over in time .
Bottom line is that I still think there's room for a fun, unofficial site for David.

John
So when do the apologies begin? So far, I see none.

I never post here - as you can plainly see - but you know who I am, John. As a former moderator, I would have hoped that any apologies or talking things over would have been extended via an email inbox rather than posted on a public forum. Since that did not happen, I have a couple of points to make.

1. You know as well as I do that sigmagirl did not consider herself bigger than David nor your fan site. And yes, we were "dumped," so please don't say that we weren't.

2. It's bad enough the forum was stripped from us and the rest of the fans on .net. Now we're supposed to accept with open arms a new version of the site? Why? Is it because David won Sydney? The timing is a bit strange, John. Really.

3. How would we ever go on in a new venture with you when you drudge up the past yet again here, appearing to still harbor ill feelings?

Just when I thought I had gotten over the shock of the circumstances surrounding the closure of .net, this happens.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #14
country flag ozarizona

ozarizona is on a distinguished road

I had been supporting the dot net site as a plain user until I was dumped myself, without any warning or notification. If one of the mods dumped me, then she deserved her own dumping. However, I'm guessing John did the dumping.

If there are any David fans here who are looking for a serious (non-dumping) venue for friendly discussion about David's career, then you might like to visit this blog (and leave a comment): Vamos David
ozarizona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:40 AM   #15
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarizona View Post
I had been supporting the dot net site as a plain user until I was dumped myself, without any warning or notification. If one of the mods dumped me, then she deserved her own dumping. However, I'm guessing John did the dumping.

If there are any David fans here who are looking for a serious (non-dumping) venue for friendly discussion about David's career, then you might like to visit this blog (and leave a comment): Vamos David
I don't know what happened, and I'm sorry that it happened to you. Toward the end, the mods did not have power to dump, ban, or discipline anyone. Don't know why; don't care why. Like Andra said, the timing is a bit strange to launch a reloaded version. You're either a fan or not; shutting down a website for something as impulsive as a negative result is not called loyalty. Further, banning your moderators for no reason other than power-tripping is just wrong. It's called selfishness and I want no parts of it. If John wants to call me "disgruntled" or whatever, he can do so to his heart's content-whatever makes him sleep at night.

Last edited by sigmagirl91 : 01-20-2009 at 01:02 AM.
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote