RafaChat Part 28 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #46
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Pre-AO Anxiety Chat Thread

WG, you never get this defensive around Rafa.

Good luck with Francy, Betty. I HATE dermatologists. I hope you have a good one.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #47
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Did Roger never learn the answer

"What has that got to do with me? I'm focused on my game and my situation, that's really a question for him isn't it?"

?
But that would rob us of Roger's brilliant, diplomatic and insightful answers, and it would leave us with nothing but actual tennis to discuss on GM
anon57 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #48
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
he's got an opinion, much like many posters on mtf and those who follow the game keenly. and he's not saying anything that others cannot think out for themselves - it is hard to change racquets and surprising that one would do so before the first grand slam which doesn't have a lot of run-up events. it's not like said "zomg, novak's gonna crash out 1R. you heard it here first. NID"

or is the right answer that he has not attended the scoobs school of diplomacy yet?

ok, my friend's here to collect me to go to class i guess she doesn't want to be late or something

Okay here's the thing. If you're Roger Federer, anything you say is news. If he's happy to answer questions that stray into the areas of other players' setups, or aspirations, or expectations, then fine. It'll get reported and polarize people. His fans will get defensive that it's not like he said anything way out there, his detractors will paint him as arrogant and playing mind-games.

I think he'd be better batting away questions about other players and their things, but that's just my opinion. His fans can hardly complain if he keeps feeding the media with lines, even if fairly non-controversial, about other players. Of course people are going to jump all over it and take sides. That's what the media does, that's what fans do. He doesn't have to feed into that, but he chooses to do so.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #49
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Naturally it's the press's fault - how dare they report what he says
Nothing wrong with reporting his words, that's all their "he's dissing and mind gaming both Murray and Djokovic" lines. Fed's always been honest, says it like he feels it, nothing new here. I don't think he really cares anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other View Post
JM I think I found something even easier to play: the beginning of REM's everybody hurts
yup, 2 chords?
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #50
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did Roger never learn the answer

"What has that got to do with me? I'm focused on my game and my situation, that's really a question for him isn't it?"

?
The original question was how hard is it to defend a GS title (especially with a new racket). Would have been kinda stupid of him to tell them to ask Nole
elessar is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #51
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other View Post
The original question was how hard is it to defend a GS title (especially with a new racket). Would have been kinda stupid of him to tell them to ask Nole
Okay, so the answer is "well it's not perhaps something I would want to try and do before a Grand Slam but I'm sure Novak knows what he's doing, it's really a matter for him."

We could do this all day.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #52
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post

Good luck with Francy, Betty. I HATE dermatologists. I hope you have a good one.
thk
i already know what he'll tell us..and what i should do for the next weeks

why do u hate them,what happened to u
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #53
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Edit: deleted post to prevent me from interrupting the Fed talk.
I thought the story about your little cousin was cute
anon57 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #54
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Edit: deleted post to prevent me from interrupting the Fed talk.
No let's change the subject. Federer's thought for the day is boring me. I wonder who'll be in his sights tomorrow. Nadal? Murray again? The tension is palpable.

How was your day - megaphone marathon again?
Old 01-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #55
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

He's already talked about Rafa, said he was a lucky bastard undeserving of the nr1 ranking. I'm surprised it hasn't made it to GM yet.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #56
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
long history wilde,but i thought that the worst was pass..but today...i discover..that was only my hope..i feel a bit down for it
btw we know that this problem can remain until 3 year so..we'll see
Maybe you were over protective with him where he was little? I have this collegue, she has a 8 y.o and when he was a baby, she used to wash his clothes by hand, rincing them 100 times, boiling them twice and then ironing them front and back The child developped some skin problems but as he grew up and started interact with children, proper food and normal clothes , in time he got rid of them.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
he's got an opinion, much like many posters on mtf and those who follow the game keenly. and he's not saying anything that others cannot think out for themselves - it is hard to change racquets and surprising that one would do so before the first grand slam which doesn't have a lot of run-up events. it's not like said "zomg, novak's gonna crash out 1R. you heard it here first. NID"
He has an oppinion right, but he's not in the position to make it public. They are lockeroom collegues, rivals and not the best of friends. It doesn't sound right to give him advices about changing rackets even if he's right and I think he is.

Quote:
That because she is Fedal conscient that Rafa is a cautious boy who doesn't speak what he shouldn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon57 View Post
But that would rob us of Roger's brilliant, diplomatic and insightful answers, and it would leave us with nothing but actual tennis to discuss on GM
That would be really unfortunate, indeed

Kim
acionescu is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #57
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

Ok last time Hilde I promise

He didn't give him advice and even Nole said he'd been having trouble with the racket:
Quote:
Q. Roger, Novak has put together a couple of good results now in Sydney but he says he's still struggling with his racquet as he goes in as defending champion. How much harder is it to defend a major title?

A. Yes. I mean it's tough because there's always a factor with the weather, how do you play, day form, you know, other contenders, the pressure, now a new racquet. I'm quite surprised he made a switch like this in the best phase of his career, you know. He can for sure play good tennis, but I think when it comes down to the crunch you just have that bit of a doubt maybe, you know, because you are not quite that comfortable with that racquet. But we'll see what happens.
I never denied that Roger's said some pretty :retard: stuff in interviews but the last two threads have been ridiculous.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #58
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Okay, so the answer is "well it's not perhaps something I would want to try and do before a Grand Slam but I'm sure Novak knows what he's doing, it's really a matter for him."

We could do this all day.
Okay sorry for jumping in but what you seem to be doing is that you want to write his answers for him.( Maybe they could have speech writers for tennis stars) Fed is non-diplomatic. I think its adequately clear from his past interviews. I know some people when asked for an opinion, like to give it. The only person who can take issue with his statement legitimately is Djokovic. If he complains, then Fed may find it necessary to explain/curb himself. If not
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #59
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Maybe you were over protective with him where he was little? I have this collegue, she has a 8 y.o and when he was a baby, she used to wash his clothes by hand, rincing them 100 times, boiling them twice and then ironing them front and back The child developped some skin problems but as he grew up and started interact with children, proper food and normal clothes , in time he got rid of them.....

:
no sure not me..his problems are not of those types
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #60
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Okay sorry for jumping in but what you seem to be doing is that you want to write his answers for him.( Maybe they could have speech writers for tennis stars) Fed is non-diplomatic. I think its adequately clear from his past interviews. I know some people when asked for an opinion, like to give it. The only person who can take issue with his statement legitimately is Djokovic. If he complains, then Fed may find it necessary to explain/curb himself. If not
I don't want to write his answers for him - please don't leap to those kinds of conclusions.

He can answer however he wants.

I'm saying how I would answer, in his position. It's my opinion, that's all.

He can answer however he likes and if it creates a fuss, so be it. It usually does.

I'm bored with the whole subject.
Closed Thread