Ankle Brace - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
country flag Aerion

Aerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Ankle Brace

I just got an ASO ankle brace and will start playing doubles in March with it on. My question is: can I still fall or turn over my foot when I have the brace on? Would it be better to have one on each foot to even it off? I hit with it and wished I had one on the other foot.
Aerion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
country flag save ausdecline

save ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ankle Brace

Well Nicolas Kiefer was playing in the Hopman Cup and he was wearing an ankle brace however he still rolled over after attempting to chang direction too quickly. after he finished the point with an approach to net. he braked on his left foot changed direction to go back to baseline and rolled his ankle. it looked terrible
save ausdecline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
I just got an ASO ankle brace and will start playing doubles in March with it on. My question is: can I still fall or turn over my foot when I have the brace on? Would it be better to have one on each foot to even it off? I hit with it and wished I had one on the other foot.
I have one and used it for about 3-4 months. You'll get used even if you use just on one foot. I think it's almost impossible to turn the ankle again with one, if correctly worn. It's more likely you'll break your leg, at least with the one I was wearing.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

i would advise wearing two if you can... at some stage towards the end of the healing process you'll have to start spending a percentage of time with them off... so that gradually you can revive and strengthen the muscles that the braces protect... if you have a 5 or 10 minute warm up, dont put them on when you feel you ankles are strong enough... a light warm up is the best time to give your ankle a bit of freedom ot strengthen again... living in a pair of ankle braces isn't the best scenario if you are not a pro...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
My question is: can I still fall or turn over my foot when I have the brace on?
Falling is definitely a possibility. But I'm with fast_clay...play with two if you can...but get some good physical therapy routines and work on regaining both strength and flexibility as soon as you can without re-injury. Don't come to rely on the brace to make up for sloppy footwork.

I tore my ankle up years ago playing volleyball and it took a full year to get back to "normal." The Fear, however, of turning it over again...still lives on.

Good luck.