Which team to play for? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-31-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which team to play for?

Hi guys...just thought I'd get ya'lls two-cents worth.

We've only been a member of our racket club for about a year...of which I was pregnant and unable to play. So basically I'm new to the scene. Our mixed doubles league starts next week and I'm having a dilemma as to my options. Most of the established teams don't need more players so I'm stuck with two options:

playing "up" on a 8.0 team (where I'd be the weaker 3.5 player against a pair of 4.0 opponents)
OR
playing for a newly established 7.0 team (where I'd be an established 3.5 player playing with men just moved up from 3.0 against other established 3.5 players)

I'll probably get killed regardless of my choice, but I'm inclined to play "up" with the philosophy that if I'm gonna get killed, might as well try to learn something from the process.

Any thoughts?
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2008, 02:56 AM   #2
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which team to play for?

Tough choice. If you go with the experienced team, you will get more attention and glory. I would go to the inexperienced team, b/c then you will have more fun and you will fit in better.

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
country flag tmoney

tmoney is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Which team to play for?

I agree with your philosophy... I tend to play better against higher rated opponents, that is a great way to improve your game.
tmoney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote