2009 Schedule - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2009 Schedule

5.1: Doha (WC)
12.1: - (World Tennis Challenge exhibition)
19.1: Australian Open
2.2: Johannesburg
9.2: Rotterdam
16.2: Marseille
23.2: Acapulco
-
12.3: Indian Wells
25.3: Miami
13.4: Monte-Carlo
20.4: Barcelona
27.4: Rome
-
11.5: Madrid
-
25.5: French Open
8.6: Queen's
15.6: Eastbourne
22.6: Wimbledon
-
13.7: Stuttgart
20.7: Hamburg
-
3.8: Washington
10.8: Montreal
17.8: Cincinnati
-
31.8: US Open
18.9: Davis Cup
21.9: Metz
28.9: Kuala Lumpur
5.10: Tokyo
12.10: Shanghai
-
26.10: Vienna
2.11: Valencia
9.11: Bercy

Last edited by Truc : 09-22-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Schedule

No Brisbane, he was one of the first players advertised on the website, but he's not in the entry list. Either they want to focus on training with Rasheed or he will play the Hopman Cup with Alizé instead of Gilles Simon, I don't know.

He's supposed to play some lame exhibition (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=133976) the week before the Australian Open, so it means he wouldn't play any tournament before the AO? A bit strange since he will already spend a good part of December down under.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they forgot to enter the draw Did he confirmed the exhibition because I can't believe he will arrive early december in Australia to play any official tournaments before AO.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:57 AM   #4
country flag Truc

I can't believe they just forgot, the tournament organization was obviously expecting him to play, I guess they would have given a call to ask why he hasn't entered the list yet?

I hope it's not another sudden change and he's still working with Rasheed and going to Australia in December. I just saw an interview of Malisse who is training in Florida at the moment and says Murray and Monfils might join them soon.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #5
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Florida ? Does it mean Manicom again ?

Well, the most important is to be ready for AO
Old 11-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

I would bet that he wants to train the more he can before the AO with his australian coach and yeah perhaps play some matchs in that exebition.
I hope he wont play hopman cup cause I really want gilles to play there with alize.

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #7
country flag Truc

Still 2008, but I don't know where to post it: he will replace Nalbandian in the Malaga exhibition at the end of the week (with Moya, Ferrero, Safin, Ferrer, Lopez).

Last edited by Truc : 12-01-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #8
country flag Truc

It looks like he really just forgot to enter Brisbane, what an idiot.
Quote:
Brisbane loses Gael Monfils in tennis mix-up
By Paul Malone - December 02, 2008 11:00pm

PLANS by French entertainer Gael Monfils to play next month's Brisbane International are in tatters after a failure to meet the entry deadline.
Monfils, who might well have been the men's third seed in Brisbane, told organisers last month he wanted to start his Australian Open campaign at the January 4-11 tournament.

But Brisbane tournament director Steve Ayles was left exasperated when the flamboyant world No. 14, who has recently changed agents, missed an entry deadline.

Ayles has promised one main draw wildcard to crowd-pleasing Marcos Baghdatis, the 2006 Australian Open runner-up who has dropped to No. 99 in an injury-hit year, and Tennis Australia is committed to giving the remaining two to Australian men.

"As it stands, he won't be playing and it's something that Gael regrets and his new agent regrets," Ayles said last night.

"His current agent and his former agent are blaming each other and Gael would still very much like to play our tournament.

"One thing that could get him a wildcard would be if Marcos decides he needs to play matches and says he wouldn't mind playing qualifying, but that's unlikely."

Without Monfils, who is unlikely to resort to entering Brisbane qualifying himself and has not entered either of the other ATP events in that week, the Brisbane International still has five top-20 men.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-10389,00.html

He could play the qualies, it won't kill him, he already did in Bucharest.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
It looks like he really just forgot to enter Brisbane, what an idiot.
Who is supposed to enter the draws for Gael : the agent, Gael, the trainer ? He could have a WC for Doha but he wants to play in Australia
Old 12-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #10
country flag Truc

Not exactly about Gaël, but here's an article about that useless exho he will play the week before the AO with Leconte, it says that Rasheed is one of the initiators:
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...-12428,00.html
Old 12-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
country flag bakeroo

bakeroo has a reputation beyond reputebakeroo has a reputation beyond reputebakeroo has a reputation beyond reputebakeroo has a reputation beyond reputebakeroo has a reputation beyond reputebakeroo has a reputation beyond reputebakeroo has a reputation beyond reputebakeroo has a reputation beyond reputebakeroo has a reputation beyond reputebakeroo has a reputation beyond reputebakeroo has a reputation beyond repute

Feb 2-8 He is entered to play at the SA TENNIS OPEN in south africa
bakeroo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #12
country flag Truc

Thanks! Let's hope he will sign up in time.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:20 AM   #13
country flag Truc

He got a WC for Doha.
I don't get it at all, it will be much more tiring than a couple of qualifying matches in Brisbane. Is there a rule, can't he play qualies with his ranking or something?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #14
country flag Truc

He has also committed to Rotterdam.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #15
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Is there a rule, can't he play qualies with his ranking or something?
Apparently no since the article clearly mentionned he could have resorted to enter the qualies if he wanted too. Besides, I recall Gilles entered Casablanca qualies while he could have been the main draw second seed, had he applied on time.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote