Nishikori Rises To The Top - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-29-2008, 01:35 AM   #1
country flag Kid Carlos

Kid Carlos has a reputation beyond reputeKid Carlos has a reputation beyond reputeKid Carlos has a reputation beyond reputeKid Carlos has a reputation beyond reputeKid Carlos has a reputation beyond reputeKid Carlos has a reputation beyond reputeKid Carlos has a reputation beyond reputeKid Carlos has a reputation beyond reputeKid Carlos has a reputation beyond reputeKid Carlos has a reputation beyond reputeKid Carlos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nishikori Rises To The Top

I believe this up and coming young gun, will take his game to the next level in 2009 and make some noise on tour. Any thoughts? http://theatpblog.com/home/?p=288.
Kid Carlos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 01:44 AM   #2
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nishikori Rises To The Top

Hi Carlos, thanx for posting the link. It's a great article!
The comparison you made of Kei and Rafa is very interesting and I totally agree.
As for him being successful because he listens to what his coaches say, I think your view is based on the Deuce magazine article, and I guess it is not wrong.
But it seems that was not always the case, or there were times when he didn't like what the coaches told him to do, from what I read in some of his interviews or articles in Japanese.
Kei has said many times that he doesn't like to hit the same shot twice, that he loves changing strokes, pace, angles, etc. He finds it fun for himself and he seems to think that it would make the match more fun for spectators as well. He also prefers hitting a flashy shot when he can, even when that is not absolutely necessary.
But apparently there was a time when he made a lot of UEs by trying to hit those flashy shots, and he wasn't very happy that his coach told him to just put the ball in court. Apparently it took some time before he finally understood the importance of putting the ball in court first and not always trying to hit a fancy shot. Having said that, I don't think he was being blatantly rebellious against his coach. I think he did listen to what the coach said, only that he didn't find it fun at first just putting the ball back in court.
Anyway, thanks again for a very insightful article. And let's hope the Project 45 will be replaced by Project 20 or Project 10 very soon!

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 11-30-2008 at 01:52 AM.
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nishikori Rises To The Top

great article, carlos!

Everyone knows Kei's potential, now i hope he's injury-free and improve his strokes and variety more his weapons.
IMO, i would like to compare Kei with Federer. ( both of them were a tactical thinking player )

newly recruited : StanislasWAWRINKA*GillesSIMON*Tsung-huaYANG

Please vote for Rendy's NEW FORUM
*esther* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote