Clydey and Friends' Philosophical Paradise - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is Hinduism more or less rational than the major religions?

It's more rational. 1 3.70%
It's less rational. 3 11.11%
It is no more and no less rational than any other religion ou there. 12 44.44%
I don't know enough about it to give an educated opinion. 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2008, 04:35 AM   #46
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
That is not nature, however. Evolution deals with natural selection. We are talking about evolution, a natural phenomenon. From a purely evolutionary perspective, where we do not take technology into account, heterosexuality is more desirable.
why would you not take technology into account when you are taking technology into account when declaring the redundancy of wisdom teeth?
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 04:35 AM   #47
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
yeah, but then, they have to find who can carry those
I have a male gay friend who wanted to get his own biological child and besides choosing eggs, he had to choose the surrogate, pay her, pay for the insemination, all their necessities, etc
it's way more difficult and expensive for a male to do that, besides it's something very hard to ask from a female friend, pregnancy and childbirth is not something easy, unlike coming in a cup
Precisely. Hit the nail on the head.

It just isn't as convenient. Heterosexuality is more convenient if one wants to reproduce.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:36 AM   #48
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
why would you not take technology into account when you are taking technology into account when declaring the redundancy of wisdom teeth?
What do wisdom teeth have to do with technology?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 AM   #49
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

If not for technology (i.e., dentistry), people would still need their wisdom teeth. Duh.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 AM   #50
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but the natural desire to be with someone of the opposite sex more readily lends itself to reproduction.

I'm not disputing that homosexuals can and do pass on their genes. They simply do not do it with the same frequency. Therefore, it is less desirable from an evolutionary viewpoint.
these are hypothesis that you're passing off as facts. you need to know:

a) whether the majority of homosexuals are in monogamous same-sex partnerships
b) whether or not they contribute their genetic material for the cause of reproduction (they only need to do it for as often as it takes to get a woman pregant)

there need to be social studies undertaking to prove this is true for the entirety of the world before you can pass it off as common sense. you're talking like someone who doesn't understand the social constructs of sexuality. just because two people of the same sex having sex cannot produce an offspring directly does not suppose all these assumptions of yours, sorry to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 AM   #51
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
there is surrogate outsourcing.
I know, my point is: if the female is willing and fertile, it's just a matter of getting the sperm in whatever way and it will be done; while males have to find eggs, surrogates and pay for everything her and the child(ren) would need, it's way more expensive

if we had sex only for reproduction purposes, then millions in the world would never get laid

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 AM   #52
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
are you saying the species would be better served if there was no homosexuality?
Obviously. And no, that is not me saying that I want homosexuality wiped out. If everyone who was homosexual suddenly became heterosexual, they would be more likely to reproduce.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:39 AM   #53
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
If not for technology (i.e., dentistry), people would still need their wisdom teeth. Duh.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:39 AM   #54
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
I know, my point is: if the female is willing and fertile, it's just a matter of getting the sperm in whatever way and it will be done; while males have to find eggs, surrogates and pay for everything her and the child(ren) would need, it's way more expensive
it's expensive for women to undergo invitro fertilization. and lesbian couples choose surrogates as well.
Quote:
Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 AM   #55
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Obviously. And no, that is not me saying that I want homosexuality wiped out. If everyone who was homosexual suddenly became heterosexual, they would be more likely to reproduce.
If homosexuals are less likely to produce offspring, or likely to produce fewer offspring, then in a world where overpopulation is a major threat to our species, then if anything, homosexuality is something that really serves our species. not the other way around.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:42 AM   #56
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
these are hypothesis that you're passing off as facts. you need to know:

a) whether the majority of homosexuals are in monogamous same-sex partnerships
b) whether or not they contribute their genetic material for the cause of reproduction (they only need to do it for as often as it takes to get a woman pregant)

there need to be social studies undertaking to prove this is true for the entirety of the world before you can pass it off as common sense. you're talking like someone who doesn't understand the social constructs of sexuality. just because two people of the same sex having sex cannot produce an offspring directly does not suppose all these assumptions of yours, sorry to say.
So you are seriously suggesting that homosexuals might reproduce as frequently as heterosexuals?

That is ridiculous.

Let me ask you this. Do you want a child at some point?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:43 AM   #57
country flag Snoo Foo

Quote:

You really have no idea what you're talking about.
mmm... ok, so when you run out of arguments you just OK. You do know why people have wisdom teeth, don't you? If it weren't for fluoride toothpaste and dentists and all that, wisdom teeth would still come in very handy.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:43 AM   #58
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
it's expensive for women to undergo invitro fertilization. and lesbian couples choose surrogates as well.
only sometimes
that's why I said before, if the female is willing, otherwise it's the same as male
another thing to consider is that no matter the sexual orientation, there's a difference between males and females (in reproduction terms): the biological clock
males can wait a long time to get biological offspring, females can't wait forever

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 AM   #59
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

Quote:
So you are seriously suggesting that homosexuals might reproduce as frequently as heterosexuals?

That is ridiculous.

Let me ask you this. Do you want a child at some point?
i'm seriously suggesting that i don't know and neither can you. and seriously suggesting that your argument has a lot of holes in it, unlike what you seem to think.

also, i have no desire to convince you of anything by bringing my personal choices into it. it is not something that can be resolved with anecdotal evidence.
Quote:
Old 11-30-2008, 04:48 AM   #60
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
If homosexuals are less likely to produce offspring, or likely to produce fewer offspring, then in a world where overpopulation is a major threat to our species, then if anything, homosexuality is something that really serves our species. not the other way around.
Evolution does not take into account outside sources, technological advancements etc. Evolution, for better or worse, drives us to procreate.

You have to look at evolution at its most basic: survival of the species. Evolution does not know how big our planet is or whether overpopulation would be an issue. It simply drives us to procreate.