Election of Moderators - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Would You Like Have The Election System?

Yes 7 18.92%
No 30 81.08%
Yes, but we should make these changes (Specify) 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:24 AM   #46
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election of Moderators

What is the real reason behind this thread - is there someone you want to nominate and vote for, or do you think that this is the only way that you will become a mod? Trust me, the latter is not true - you were supposed to be in the ACC tournament but I asked GWH to take you out because of your age.

As two other posters have said, this is a private forum, it is not a democracy and the owners of this forum can do whatever the hell they want.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #47
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Hmm, this is a good idea, maybe only the web masters and administrators vote, but at the same time it takes away all of the democracy, and the same people would be elected.
That's how it's done now. When admins or posters feel there's a need for more moderation in a certain forum, admins choose mods based on who they'd think would do the best job, as with a lot of things this process can be a bit hit and miss, but it's in the interest of admins to choose the best person possible and obviously not everyone can be pleased with the decision. Since I'm new to being an admin myself I haven't been through the selection process of new mods yet, but I have the basic idea how it works and what I would be looking for in a new mod. Making the mod selection process a popularity contest would very likely not end up well.

And if you're so keen on democracy, are there really cases out there, where people, who enforce rules are chosen by elections?

Now if you have any further questions, only reasonable questions please, then feel free to PM me. I am closing this thread now.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread