Election of Moderators - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Would You Like Have The Election System?

Yes 7 18.92%
No 30 81.08%
Yes, but we should make these changes (Specify) 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #31
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election of Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Not literally, but you get my point... democracy is what we need.
No, we don't. This is a privately-owned message board.
Quote:
Lol, isn't it true though are you in the first grade?
Excuse me? It's not true. MTF may be made of adults in the legal sense (as in, they are mostly over 18), but they do not act like adults.

Quote:
Hmm, debatable.
Not at all debatable.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 07:30 PM   #32
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
There has to be a need for a moderator in a certain section for the moderator to be considered. A popular player forum, or more GM and NT mods.

They probably just don't feel the exhibition forum needs one. What kind of things do you think need to be moderated in there? Maybe one of the moderators can do the things you think need to be done.
I just think it would be nice to have all exhibition events listed under a profile, like in the Challenger section with info on the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
No, we don't. This is a privately-owned message board.
Excuse me? It's not true. MTF may be made of adults in the legal sense (as in, they are mostly over 18), but they do not act like adults.

Not at all debatable.
Apoligzes, I mean't to say you are NOT an 8th grader, I typed that in the morning.

It is privately owned, but to make it better and fit the needs of people, shouldn't we elect who moderates it?
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #33
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, maybe elect new moderators every three years? Something, but I think that MTF needs democracy.
I think MTF needs more tolerance in the first place.

If some people would change their behaviour on the board a little bit and stop insulting each other or troll around in threads the moderators would have to do far less.

Yes, MTF is an internet forum and nobody should really take anything serious here but unfortunately a lot of discussions end in talks which don't have to do with sports - and wasn't tennis the main reason we all registered here on MTF once?

I guess it's natural that we don't agree sometimes with the work of certain moderators, but as I posted earlier isn't it better to try to solve huge problems with the moderator alone or talk to one of the administrators about it?

Will people ask for premature election when there will be problems with one of the new voted moderators?

Being a moderator on MTF, especially on GM, isn't surely an easy job regarding the huge community here and the amount of daily posts. We have seen moderators giving up their jobs in the past (for example Shotgun or Lee) and they would probably not be the only one who could tell all the people who still think it's an advantage to be a moderator here about the negative side of it.
Eden is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #34
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

If some people would change their behaviour on the board a little bit and stop insulting each other or troll around in threads the moderators would have to do far less.

Yes, MTF is an internet forum and nobody should really take anything serious here but unfortunately a lot of discussions end in talks which don't have to do with sports - and wasn't tennis the main reason we all registered here on MTF once?

I guess it's natural that we don't agree sometimes with the work of certain moderators, but as I posted earlier isn't it better to try to solve huge problems with the moderator alone or talk to one of the administrators about it?

Will people ask for premature election when there will be problems with one of the new voted moderators?

Being a moderator on MTF, especially on GM, isn't surely an easy job regarding the huge community here and the amount of daily posts. We have seen moderators giving up their jobs in the past (for example Shotgun or Lee) and they would probably not be the only one who could tell all the people who still think it's an advantage to be a moderator here about the negative side of it.
Yes, talking to the moderator directly is a good idea, but look at how many people had a problem with Raging Lamb. He is still a moderator.

Also, if we elected moderators yes, there will be no moderator everyone loves, but the number of people that do not like the moderator will go down.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #35
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Yes, talking to the moderator directly is a good idea, but look at how many people had a problem with Raging Lamb. He is still a moderator.
But people have a problem with him simply because they don't like that he moderates what they say. They only have a problem with him because they were allowed to get away with all kinds of crap for so long and don't like all of a sudden being told that it's not OK. It's not like RL has actually done anything wrong or abused his powers. He has fully admitted that not all of his actions were correct, but everyone makes mistakes.

Quote:
Also, if we elected moderators yes, there will be no moderator everyone loves, but the number of people that do not like the moderator will go down.
Why are you under the impression that mods need to be liked? Who cares? The point is that the board should be a nice place for people to post - as Eden says - about TENNIS. The problem is that people are almost unable to do that lately b/c of all the bickering. Maybe the bickering is popular, and what if those people who are mean bullies get elected as mods? I think we all know how badly that would turn out.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 11-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #36
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So this is actually the "MTF wants to get rid of Raging Lamb" thread? I can't say something about the situation with him/her as I never had any problems, but apparently whatever problems there might be they probably aren't serious enough for the administrators or runners of this side to decide to do something against her/his work.

Quote:
How do you know this? You can't forsee it.
Eden is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #37
Athletic DNA

Quote:

But people have a problem with him simply because they don't like that he moderates what they say. They only have a problem with him because they were allowed to get away with all kinds of crap for so long and don't like all of a sudden being told that it's not OK. It's not like RL has actually done anything wrong or abused his powers. He has fully admitted that not all of his actions were correct, but everyone makes mistakes.

I see your point, but if that many people have problems with him, whether or not he has made mistakes, he should not be a moderator.

Why are you under the impression that mods need to be liked? Who cares? The point is that the board should be a nice place for people to post - as Eden says - about TENNIS. The problem is that people are almost unable to do that lately b/c of all the bickering. Maybe the bickering is popular, and what if those people who are mean bullies get elected as mods? I think we all know how badly that would turn out.
Yes, but those people won't get elected.

Quote:
So this is actually the "MTF wants to get rid of Raging Lamb" thread? I can't say something about the situation with him/her as I never had any problems, but apparently whatever problems there might be they probably aren't serious enough for the administrators or runners of this side to decide to do something against her/his work.
It's not I am just using that as an example.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #38
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Yes, but those people won't get elected.
I am not sure about that at all. I think that some of them certainly would.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #39
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaon View Post
That is so true.
Did I not tell you
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #40
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Oh stop being so mature Doris. It just doesn't suit MTF don't you know
Old 11-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #41
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

But we are already having a mod election on MTF It's called Arse Clown Contest and takes part in Non-Tennis.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #42
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Administrators can select people to become a mod. However, that should be based on posting credentials and duration of stay on MTF etc. Once they make a short list of candidates we can vote to see who becomes the mod.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 PM   #43
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

A little history for you Glab and anyone else who is interested:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=86786

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=87404
Old 11-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #44
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sue. Why isn't this system followed now. Would have saved us from RagingLamb
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #45
Athletic DNA

Quote:
I am not sure about that at all. I think that some of them certainly would.
I suppose, but if they were so bad people would not vote for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
I think the Administrators can select people to become a mod. However, that should be based on posting credentials and duration of stay on MTF etc. Once they make a short list of candidates we can vote to see who becomes the mod.
I think we should choose from the beginning, not given a list to vote from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Yes, but this system is not consistent. If you looked at my first post new mods would be chosen every 4 years, one set of new mods for each section. Also, it should be a vote, no recommendations given and then the administrators choose .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Thanks Sue. Why isn't this system followed now. Would have saved us from RagingLamb
Yes, I have never been the biggest fan of Raging Lamb.
Closed Thread