Election of Moderators - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Would You Like Have The Election System?

Yes 7 18.92%
No 30 81.08%
Yes, but we should make these changes (Specify) 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:35 AM   #16
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election of Moderators

Then you would be changing the moderation of the board into a popularity contest and do you know who would end up moderating the board here? People would vote for the posters with a cult following, not necessarily the best moderators.

I think the main flaw with your proposal is you have too much faith in the posters of MTF to actually vote in the people who would do a good job instead of just their buddies

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 03:51 AM   #17
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert View Post
this has to be the worst idea of the history of ideas.
I strongly disagree with you, weren't you the guy that supported Obama on here, why do you keep changing your name.
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 03:54 AM   #18
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
Then you would be changing the moderation of the board into a popularity contest and do you know who would end up moderating the board here? People would vote for the posters with a cult following, not necessarily the best moderators.

I think the main flaw with your proposal is you have too much faith in the posters of MTF to actually vote in the people who would do a good job instead of just their buddies
Hmm, this is a good idea, maybe only the web masters and administrators vote, but at the same time it takes away all of the democracy, and the same people would be elected. Also, you need to take into account democracies today, the US Presidency was not a popularity contest, people voted Obama (I do not agree) because they though he had what it takes to be a president (Or on here moderate the web site.) MTF isn't an 8th Grade Class, it mainly consists of adults, I don't totally agree that it would be a popularity contest.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 AM   #19
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Hmm, this is a good idea, maybe only the web masters and administrators vote, but at the same time it takes away all of the democracy, and the same people would be elected. Also, you need to take into account democracies today, the US Presidency was not a popularity contest, people voted Obama (I do not agree) because they though he had what it takes to be a president (Or on here moderate the web site.) MTF isn't an 8th Grade Class, it mainly consists of adults, I don't totally agree that it would be a popularity contest.
Are you seriously want to compare the voting of US president to moderators in an internet message board?
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 AM   #20
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I strongly disagree with you, weren't you the guy that supported Obama on here, why do you keep changing your name.
because i can

first, its a private forum..they can do whatever they want, included ban you for no reason
2nd- it would turn into a 2nd ACC..you would have jackass' getting nominated and their jackass' friends would vote for them.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:25 AM   #21
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert View Post
because i can

first, its a private forum..they can do whatever they want, included ban you for no reason
2nd- it would turn into a 2nd ACC..you would have jackass' getting nominated and their jackass' friends would vote for them.
I hate agreeing with you Ducky especially you still have that disgusting siggy
Old 11-24-2008, 04:29 AM   #22
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
moderate the web site.) MTF isn't an 8th Grade Class, it mainly consists of adults, I don't totally agree that it would be a popularity contest.
I'm so sorry, but this is absolutely the funniest thing i've read on MTF in a long time.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #23
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
I'm so sorry, but this is absolutely the funniest thing i've read on MTF in a long time.
I tried to reply to the statement you quoted, twice, but I refrain
Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 AM   #24
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

most people in here is as biased as it comes, so most of us (yeah, I count myself) would vote for a friend or against a foe
not a good idea IMO

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #25
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #26
Athletic DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Are you seriously want to compare the voting of US president to moderators in an internet message board?
Not literally, but you get my point... democracy is what we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Lol, isn't it true though are you in the first grade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
most people in here is as biased as it comes, so most of us (yeah, I count myself) would vote for a friend or against a foe
not a good idea IMO
Hmm, debatable.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #27
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was in the thread about Raging Lamb and to remove him as a moderator.
It wasn't a serious post at all, sorry.

I do agree that people should have their voices heard when it comes to a bad mod, and if there's anyone who's willing to help the forum and its staff, there should be a way for this person to be considered when a new moderator is elected. I guess there is though, I'm brand new into this

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #28
Athletic DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaon View Post
It wasn't a serious post at all, sorry.

I do agree that people should have their voices heard when it comes to a bad mod, and if there's anyone who's willing to help the forum and its staff, there should be a way for this person to be considered when a new moderator is elected. I guess there is though, I'm brand new into this
Well, I did ask to be a moderator in the Exhibition forum. I messaged all administrators and also Steve and did not hear back until' about a week later. They told me that they were not ready for one.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #29
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I did ask to be a moderator in the Exhibition forum. I messaged all administrators and also Steve and did not hear back until' about a week later. They told me that they were not ready for one.
There has to be a need for a moderator in a certain section for the moderator to be considered. A popular player forum, or more GM and NT mods.

They probably just don't feel the exhibition forum needs one. What kind of things do you think need to be moderated in there? Maybe one of the moderators can do the things you think need to be done.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #30
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

peanut butter jelly time peanut butter jelly time