Ernests' news thread! - Page 40 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #586
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

i’ve managed to read the articles. finally
i’ve liked the one with the recap. it has been indeed an interesting year for ernests, with all the ups and downs. definitely an interesting article.
talking about the humor of the translation, i especially liked this part : “Last year, higher purity tournaments Ernest earning seven victories and 14 suffered losses. This year the balance is much better: including the Davis Cup (two victories and one loss), Gulbis is 24 and made 22 of mishaps. Victory is more than the loss, and this is encouraging. “ OMG, higher purity tournaments.. the poetry of it

thanks for all the links guys.

google translator is fun! ernests is 'stingray' and 'swan' even in romanian

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

Alive with music, haunting my soul Love you more.

we are the same ♥

Last edited by rafaelita : 11-04-2008 at 03:27 PM.
rafaelita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #587
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelita View Post
yeah, well, it happens . if i were to start writing, it should be my paper for uni. it should have been finished by now, but i just cannot get to it. so, sorry, but you'll have to find someone more serious to help with yours. but i'll keep my fingers crossed for you thursday, right?
yeah, I have my presentation and an exam tomorrow, another oral exam on thursday I have done nothing for yet. tomorrow night is gonna be a tough one too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima2 View Post
Yes, I have the French version too. Gulbis translated to 'swan'… in French The article is a mix with French, English and Latvian…

It reminds me of something: all at the last minute with my studies… Oh, the sleepless nights at the uni (without coffee -yuck!-) But don't worry, I'm sure it will work
Fingers crossed for you, Cath
yeah that's my problem too, I never ever start early for anything and now I'm screwed! and I already have a headache from the lack of sleep. oh well, 2 more days! I can make it!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #588
country flag Proxima2

Proxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath85 View Post
yeah, I have my presentation and an exam tomorrow, another oral exam on thursday I have done nothing for yet. tomorrow night is gonna be a tough one too

yeah that's my problem too, I never ever start early for anything and now I'm screwed! and I already have a headache from the lack of sleep. oh well, 2 more days! I can make it!

Of course you can!! Come on Cath!
Proxima2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #589
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath85 View Post

i'm sure these days are going to be the best days you'll have this month! anything that puts you to the test brings the best in you, so go for it!
why start early anyway? it's more of a challenge like this . i completely understand, i used to do stuff like that too. but where's the tension and the fun if you start early? you might as well enjoy it, because it is going to end soon and you'll have the memory of two special days, to say the least. (i have a feeling that you'll confirm this in the days to come so i'll keep an eye on that one )

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

Alive with music, haunting my soul Love you more.

we are the same ♥
rafaelita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #590
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

I use another one

http://translate.meta.ua/index.php?language=en

From LV to RU it works better, than Google... have no ideas about other languages
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #591
country flag yaniss

yaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond reputeyaniss has a reputation beyond repute

I think those people who made this article were using some google translator too http://eng.novonews.lv/news/2008/06/...en/005900.html
Old 11-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #592
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Besides the very funny subject it's indeed a weirdly constructed article Latvians prefer a bear to sex? What are they doing with the bear?
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #593
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Besides the very funny subject it's indeed a weirdly constructed article Latvians prefer a bear to sex? What are they doing with the bear?
at least Russians prefer sex and not bear, phew
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #594
country flag underyourbridge

underyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond reputeunderyourbridge has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

just wanted to say, that Latvian celebrity gossip website, which published all these allegations about Ernests, has turned its coat and now writes that "our outstanding, world-famous sportsman is bursting with health".
He was spotted in the theater yesterday evening, watching premiere of "A Streetcar Named Desire" by Tennessee Williams.
Still no direct quote from Ernests, only comment that he is badly shaken by all these insults (as said by his friends??).

underyourbridge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #595
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Now I'm concerned about him again, because he's badly shaken. I can understand he doesn't make a comment, I wouldn't say anything either. Let those journalists drown in their own crap and live your life, Erno. They made mistakes, and I don't think (hope) they'll get away with it like this.

About the bears and the sex again: IF they wanted to say beer in stead of bear, I don't understand why they would prefer beer if they only drink water in Latvia Or maybe they don't drink IN Latvia, but they go to another country every time to have a drink
Anyway, I'll seriously think about this article when I plan my trip to the East I don't drink beer so I have to choose Russia
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #596
country flag Proxima2

Proxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are killing me with beer/bear and sex… Oh I hope they used the Google translator for the article, otherwise… I don't want to know more details about bear and sex…

Thanks Mara for the update.
Journalists … now that the damage is done… Well, it's good to know Ernests is in Latvia, at the theatre. Hmmm… 'A Streetcar Named Desire', good choice
Old 11-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #597
country flag estrela

estrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond reputeestrela has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima2 View Post
You guys are killing me with beer/bear and sex… Oh I hope they used the Google translator for the article, otherwise… I don't want to know more details about bear and sex…
Me too

Those journalists . Good that Ernie won't comment on it and good to know that he's doing well . Those articles would really upset me too if it happend to me.

estrela is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #598
country flag Proxima2

Hey Yaniss, especially during the off-season, more articles like that, please! It's cool to know Latvians' bad habits
Old 11-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #599
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by underyourbridge View Post
Hi,

just wanted to say, that Latvian celebrity gossip website, which published all these allegations about Ernests, has turned its coat and now writes that "our outstanding, world-famous sportsman is bursting with health".
He was spotted in the theater yesterday evening, watching premiere of "A Streetcar Named Desire" by Tennessee Williams.
Still no direct quote from Ernests, only comment that he is badly shaken by all these insults (as said by his friends??).

Thanks for the update! I hope those journalists will stay on this new track and not write anymore muck about Ernie....though that may be wishful thinking. Good to know he's bursting with health and going to the theater....Keep the news coming, if you can! Much appreciated!!
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #600
country flag merdenoms

merdenoms is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by underyourbridge View Post
Hi,

awww! poor erno! hate those journalists! but im glad he's enjoying himself. i love the fact that he likes tennessee williams' work.i love him even more now! (if that's even possible) LOL! thanks for the update..
merdenoms is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote