Kiwi needs a new coach! / Darren Cahill - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
yram

yram is on a distinguished road
Default Kiwi needs a new coach! / Darren Cahill

I was so frustrated watching Kiwi today against Nalbandian. He had chances to win but made so many unforced errors. Kiwi really needs to fine tune his ground game to avoid making errors. His shots are too flat and risky on crucial points. He has all the tennis talent in the world: excellent hand-eye coordination, great net play, good movement, solid serve, intense fighting spirit. What he lacks is consistency in his groundstrokes. I really think he needs to change his coach to finally live up to his great potential.

Now, Darren Cahill would be a superb coach for Nicolas. Cahill is very knowledgeable and just a great all-around coach. I know Kiwi had trust issues with many of his old coaches; that's probably why his coach for the last couple of years is one of his buddies. But Cahill is very trustworthy, as Agassi can attest to, and I believe, is available as a coach at the moment. And Kiwi can easily hook up with Cahill, since he's friends with Agassi and Graf.

What do you guys think? We should convince Kiwi to hire Cahill as his coach. Neely and others who speak German, can you post this suggestion on his website message board? I don't think Kiwi reads messages on this forum.

Nicolas is already 31 and may have a year or two left on the tour, maybe 3 or 4 if he stays committed. So time is running out but I still think he can win a grandslam with the right coach. We have all been patiently waiting for him to win a grandslam. It's been 9 long years for me. Wouldn't it be something to see Kiwi lift a grandslam trophy?!

Last edited by yram : 10-29-2008 at 06:56 PM.
yram is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi needs a new coach! / Darren Cahill

After so many years on the tour Kiwi doesn't need a coach who tells him how to play. He needs a friend who travels the world with him!! Sasha Nensel is the best coach for Kiwi and I hope the two will work together for the rest of Kiwi's career!!
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
yram

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi10is View Post
After so many years on the tour Kiwi doesn't need a coach who tells him how to play. He needs a friend who travels the world with him!! Sasha Nensel is the best coach for Kiwi and I hope the two will work together for the rest of Kiwi's career!!
kiwi10is, Do you seriously think Kiwi has any chance at all of winning a grandslam if he continues to work with Nensel?! I haven't seen any improvement in Kiwi's consistency over the last 2 years they've worked together. Nicolas needs to change something and there's no doubt that working with a proven and respected coach like Cahill will do wonders to Kiwi's game. Although Kiwi needs to trust Cahill to turn things around, I don't think trusting Cahill would be a problem because Agassi, whom Nicolas has tremendous respect for, would highly recommend him.

Last edited by yram : 10-30-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen Kiwi and Sascha at many tournaments and all I can say is that they are the perfect team...

and it was Sascha who was coaching Kiwi when he reached the Semis in Australia in 2006 ;-)
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yram View Post
kiwi10is, Do you seriously think Kiwi has any chance at all of winning a grandslam if he continues to work with Nensel?! I haven't seen any improvement in Kiwi's consistency over the last 2 years they've worked together. Nicolas needs to change something and there's no doubt that working with a proven and respected coach like Cahill will do wonders to Kiwi's game. Although Kiwi needs to trust Cahill to turn things around, I don't think trusting Cahill would be a problem because Agassi, whom Nicolas has tremendous respect for, would highly recommend him.
Honestly, does anyone think Kiwi has any chance of winning a grand slam regardless of who his coach is? I think Kiki's right in that at this point in his career he might as well work with someone he's friends with. His biggest hurdle at this point is his constant injury status. No coach is gonna change that. We've been dealing with that his whole career.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #6
yram

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMoseley! View Post
Honestly, does anyone think Kiwi has any chance of winning a grand slam regardless of who his coach is? I think Kiki's right in that at this point in his career he might as well work with someone he's friends with. His biggest hurdle at this point is his constant injury status. No coach is gonna change that. We've been dealing with that his whole career.
No chance whatsoever with Kiwi's current situation. But I think he has a slim chance if he switches to a more experienced, proven coach. Just look at what's happened to Fernando Gonzalez after hiring Larry Stefanki. Gonzalez, who's not nearly as talented as Kiwi, may not be a strong contender for grandslams but at least he always has an outside shot.

I do agree with you about Kiwi's constant injury problems but he usually has quite a long stretch of several months when he's injury-free. Nicolas can take advantage of this time to really perform well in grandslams and the Masters events. His only shining moments in the last 2-3 years that I can remember were reaching the Aussie Open semis in 06 and the Toronto final this year. That's way too inconsistent!

I'm sure Kiwi still dreams of winning a slam but if he sticks with Nensel and keeps the same routine, there's no chance in hell that his lifelong dream will ever come true...

Last edited by yram : 11-03-2008 at 02:17 AM.