ATP Champions Race to Shanghai 2008 - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #361
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Champions Race to Shanghai 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Thanks, it sounds really strange to me too. They didn't elaborate at all, it was at the end of the TV show, the (completely clueless) journalist said to Simon good luck and it's looking for you for Shanghai since I've heard from your coach Tulasne that Roddick isn't going there - and Simon was just smiling, but maybe he wasn't really realizing and he had no time to answer anyway, it was during the credits already.
They regularly give wrong news on that show, they're not reliable at all for tennis news, forget it.
Well since it's the French press that was saying this and he's in France right now hopefully he will be asked about it soon so that the reports can be put to rest one way or another. Thanks a lot for posting what you heard!

Thanks Jez!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #362
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the action only really begins to hot up from now, with Tuesday's OOP no doubt featuring some R2 action. Away from the Shanghai hunt...as you'll notice, I've updated the individual nation battles, and, over the last few weeks, Bolelli has made a bit of a move. Qualifying, and reaching R2, this week, gives him 10 extra points, putting him now within just 7pts of Seppi, the current Italian #1. A win over Blake (not impossible by any means) would give him 8 further points, which could enable him to pip Seppi by 1 mere Race point! Obviously, the other Italian players didn't really feature in the battle for the national #1 ranking, but these two have been having quite a fight for it over the season (and the lead has swapped several times).

Cilic can take over the mantle of Croat #1 (from Karlovic), should he beat Granollers (which should be expected) - quite a year he has had...
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:50 AM   #363
country flag sweetymessi

sweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond repute

Why Roddick did not get any points from Lyon?
sweetymessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #364
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetymessi View Post
Why Roddick did not get any points from Lyon?
Only the top 18 results count for the race, with 4 the Grand Slams and 9 the Masters Series.

Roddick's other 5 best:
Dubai 60
San Jose 35
Beijing 35
LA 24
Tokyo 22

Since he earned just 11 points at Lyon, it does not count as part of his top 18, and doesn't help him at all. He would have needed at least a final to increase his points.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #365
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/2008_en/?ID=4221
Quote:
Aussie Erica posting down below (from down under) is worried about Andy Roddick not going to the Masters Cup in Shanghai. Never fear Erica, Andy’s agent has said that provided that he qualifies, he’ll definitely go.
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 AM   #366
country flag Elikian

Elikian has a reputation beyond reputeElikian has a reputation beyond reputeElikian has a reputation beyond reputeElikian has a reputation beyond reputeElikian has a reputation beyond reputeElikian has a reputation beyond reputeElikian has a reputation beyond reputeElikian has a reputation beyond reputeElikian has a reputation beyond reputeElikian has a reputation beyond reputeElikian has a reputation beyond repute

And we can start cutting away the options now

Andreev
Win: (and not 1 of)
Fer 3R, Bla SF, Waw SF, Nal RU

Soderling
Sim QF, Fer QF, Waw RU

Monfils
Sim QF, Fer SF, Bla RU

Verdasco
Sim SF, Fer SF, Bla RU

Nalbandian
Win: (and not 2 of)
Sim SF, Fer SF, Bla RU
RU: (and not 1 of)
Sim 3R, Fer 3R, Bla SF, Waw SF, Tso Win, Sod Win

Tsonga
Win: Secured
RU: (and not 1 of)
Sim QF, Fer QF, Waw Win, Nal Win, Ver Win, Mon Win

Wawrinka
RU: (and not 2 of)
Del QF, Sim SF, Fer SF, Bla Win, Tso Win
SF: (and not 1 of)
Sim 3R, Fer 3R, Bla SF, Tso RU, Nal Win, Ver Win, Sod Win

Blake
RU: (and not 2 of)
Del SF, Sim SF, Waw Win
SF: (and not 1 of)
Sim 3R, Waw RU, Tso RU, Nal Win, Ver Win, Mon Win

Ferrer
RU: Secured
SF: (and not 2 of)
Del SF, Sim SF, Waw Win, Tso Win
QF: (and not 1 of)
Sim QF, Waw RU, Tso Win, Nal Win, Ver Win, Mon Win
3R: (and not 1 of)
Sim 3R, Bla SF, Waw RU, Tso RU, Nal Win, Ver Win, Mon Win, Sod Win

Simon
SF: (and not 3 of)
Del SF, Fer RU, Bla Win, Waw Win
QF: (and not 1 of)
Fer SF, Bla RU, Waw RU, Tso Win, Nal Win, Ver Win
3R: (and not 1 of)
Fer QF, Bla RU, Waw RU, Tso RU, Nal Win, Ver Win, Mon Win, Sod Win
1R: (and not 1 of)
Fer 3R, Bla SF, Waw SF, Tso RU, Nal RU, Ver Win, Mon Win, Sod Win
Not Playing Paris: (and not 1 of)
Fer 3R, Bla SF, Waw SF, Tso RU, Nal RU, Ver Win, Mon Win, Sod Win, And Win

Del Potro
SF: (and not 3 of)
Rod SF, Sim SF, Fer SF, Bla Win, Waw Win
QF: (and not 2 of)
Sim SF, Fer SF, Bla RU, Waw Win, Tso Win
3R: (and not 2 of)
Sim SF, Fer SF, Bla RU, Waw RU, Tso Win, Nal Win

Roddick
SF: Secured
QF: (and not 3 of)
Del SF, Fer RU, Bla Win, Waw Win
3R: (and not 3 of)
Del SF, Sim SF, Fer RU, Bla Win, Waw Win, Tso Win
Old 10-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #367
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

roddick del potro and simon secure the last three tmc spots with ferrer just losing.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #368
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

blake is the only player close enough to take one of the remaining spots but he needs a semi to overtake simon that highly unlikely.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #369
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacked82 View Post
blake is the only player close enough to take one of the remaining spots but he needs a semi to overtake simon that highly unlikely.
Exactly. Blake in the semis = a miracle.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #370
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Blake would need to make it to the final according to Elikian, is that right?

For Simon - 3R
(not 1 of): Bla RU, Waw RU, Tso RU, Nal Win, Ver Win, Mon Win, Sod Win
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #371
country flag Thanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio View Post
A SEMI for Blake will give Him 355

Simon is now on 356
yes but i wrote that to you when simon was still playing.

like i said hes secured his spot.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #372
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Blake fights to be a substitute in Shanghai...
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #373
country flag alfonsojose
CRY BA**

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Haters James whill show u how it's done

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:47 AM   #374
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

If Roddick beat Simon tommorrow, blake needs to beat Roger and Roddick and at the row to Master cup

Kohlschreiber, Roddick/Simon(hope Andy done a good job tommorrow by beat Simon to keep James Alive)(otherwise he needs to get title), Fed that three guys infront of him. Go Blake.

Almost impossible

Nadal Nadal Nadal

Last edited by jcempire : 10-30-2008 at 02:53 AM.
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #375
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
Actually Blake fights to be a substitute in Shanghai...
He said he won't go there as a substitute. He means all the guys are fit and eager to play, so he will only go if he qualifies.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote