David enters the land of Lindt. Can he tune his game to Swiss precision in Basel? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #46
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David enters the land of Lindt. Can he tune his game to Swiss precision in Basel?

Shit, amazing BH DTL from Vliegen And another FH DTL
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #47
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David enters the land of Lindt. Can he tune his game to Swiss precision in Basel?

Hmm, Vliegen almost handed him the match with 3 errors, then came up with two very nice passing shots.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #48
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

woooooooooowwwwwwwwwww, that was classy reaction at net, 2 MPs
Old 10-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #49
country flag HeretiC

GSM Yessssssssssssssssssssssss,
Old 10-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #50
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Well, a moment of magic there won him the match, nice reflex volley.

Vliegen has pretty much the same tone of voice as David and when I heard one of them shouting out, I had no idea who it was.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #51
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

PHEW!!!
What a point to get those 2 MPs... incredible...
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #52
country flag HeretiC

Well, this was a little bit lucky win, he is not going to pass through Del Potro or Federer with this footwork and lousy FH. He even might lose against Beck or Becker in the next round.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #53
country flag krystlel

He would be susceptible to any inconsistent big hitter playing like this, like say Becker. I mean, Vliegen was so inconsistent, it really should not have been that close.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #54
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Benjamin Becker is next.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #55
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
He would be susceptible to any inconsistent big hitter playing like this, like say Becker. I mean, Vliegen was so inconsistent, it really should not have been that close.
Yeah, ballbashing with the FH especially in the last games and in TB made him lose this one. But it also won him a lot of winners and he quite hit through David on net lots of times. All he needed was to make David run side to side, he won all of the points that went that way. I quess he was not that smart to employ that tactics more.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #56
country flag krystlel

Well Vliegen went for it, and when it worked it paid off. But whenever the match got tighter, that was when you'd expect more errors to come off his racquet and that's sort of what happened although the TB was still very close. "All he needed" would be making it sound easier than it is, he'd still need to hit big shots. I believe it's a better tactic to catch David off guard with a sudden injection of pace rather than moving him side to side anyway, because his first few steps when moving is usually the weakness even when playing decently (but it can sometimes be masked by his anticipation).
Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #57
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the TB, loved that point at the net indeed but from what you're all saying he's not playing as good and that's what I saw from the few points I saw in the TB as well.

May be he just underestimated Vliegen or something. I bet he would play better against Del Potro or Fed, if he played them, especially Fed...he seems to get the best out of David

let's hope for the best...vamos David
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #58
country flag HeretiC

It was nice having a company around here when David is playing
Old 10-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #59
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

well done david!

good luck tomorrow

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #60
country flag HeretiC

Hey folks, what are your predictions for today? Looks like we will have to watch the nmatch on bwin again.