Philipp Petzschner - Page 56 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2008, 02:09 AM   #826
country flag RGK

RGK has a reputation beyond reputeRGK has a reputation beyond reputeRGK has a reputation beyond reputeRGK has a reputation beyond reputeRGK has a reputation beyond reputeRGK has a reputation beyond reputeRGK has a reputation beyond reputeRGK has a reputation beyond reputeRGK has a reputation beyond reputeRGK has a reputation beyond reputeRGK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philipp Petzschner

RGK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 08:45 AM   #827
country flag KalleOnAir

KalleOnAir has a reputation beyond reputeKalleOnAir has a reputation beyond reputeKalleOnAir has a reputation beyond reputeKalleOnAir has a reputation beyond reputeKalleOnAir has a reputation beyond reputeKalleOnAir has a reputation beyond reputeKalleOnAir has a reputation beyond reputeKalleOnAir has a reputation beyond reputeKalleOnAir has a reputation beyond reputeKalleOnAir has a reputation beyond reputeKalleOnAir has a reputation beyond repute

Philipp
what a unbelievable week
KalleOnAir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #828
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

http://zackstennis.blogspot.com/2008...it-wonder.html
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #829
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

First Time ATP Winner Spotlight: Philipp Petzschner
© AFP/Getty Images
German Philipp Petzschner (pictured) broke into the Top 100 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings after becoming the third qualifier to win an ATP title this year, following a 6-4, 6-4 win over No. 8 seed Gael Monfils of France in the Bank Austria-Tennis Trophy final on Sunday. Match Report

The 24-year-old Petzschner became the third qualifier to win an ATP title this season and he climbed from No. 125 into the Top 100 for the first time at No. 73.

ATP Profile: Philipp Petzschner

ATPtennis.com caught up with Petzschner following his maiden ATP triumph.

At the start of the week did you ever think you would be standing here with your first ATP trophy?
To be honest, no way! I was already happy when I qualified and when I saw [Stanislas] Wawrinka beside my name in the first round I knew it was a tough draw. I just wanted to go out and do my best. I would never have thought this was going to happen.

After beating Wawrinka, how much confidence did it give you?
Of course, after beating a Top 10 guy it helps you a lot. You see the draw is getting easier, because in the second round you cannot play another seeded player. He gave me some confidence and I worked my way through.

What did you do so well to play five good matches in a row this week?
I was just really focused and was concentrating on the things I needed to do on the court. I did the thing I wanted to do, nothing more nothing less and it worked out.

You’ve broken into the Top 100 for the first time. Was it a goal for you at the start of the year?
At the beginning of the year I was No. 170-175, I think. The goal was of course to be Top 100 this year – I almost made it in July reaching No. 107. But now I am even happier it happened now. I now have three or four more tournaments this year and I just want to keep focus on them and keep my form at a high level, so that I can prepare well for next season.

Your first title has come in Vienna on a fairly slow hard-court, would you consider hard courts as your best surface?
I think I always play my best tournaments on hard courts. Indoor hard is good, I really do like it. Here in Vienna, it is a little slower than at other tournaments but that helped me put my game together more.

Can you talk about your game: what are your strengths and best shots?
I think my best shots are my serve and my forehand. I can do a lot at the net as well and I don’t miss many backhands. So I think my game comes together pretty well. My forehand from the baseline is my strength.

Do you have any hobbies or interests off the court?
I love playing golf; I do it as often as I can. When I’m at home, I practice once a day and play a round once a day as well. I have a handicap of 14, but I am trying to improve. Of course as a German, soccer is a big.

How often were you when you first started playing tennis?
I started tennis at the age of four or five. My Dad had his own tennis school, his own courts and one day he handed me a racquet really the day I could walk. Then I started playing and at 12 or 13 I thought I’d try and practice a little bit more. At 18 or 19 I turned pro.

Did you have any tennis idols growing up?
Definitely! My two idols were Goran Ivanisevic and Stefan Edberg. I loved watching them, especially Edberg because of the way he played: he was so smooth and great to watch. I also enjoyed the craziness of Goran, you never knew what was going to happen on the court.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #830
country flag PereRibaFan

PereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Week 45: Bratislava, Slovakia
Quote:
Entry List
1. Calleri, Agustin ARG 51
2. Granollers, Marcel ESP 58
3. Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo ESP 60
4. Serra, Florent FRA 64
5. Petzschner, Philipp GER 72
6. Hanescu, Victor ROU 73
7. Zverev, Mischa GER 74
8. Muller, Gilles LUX 78
9. Stakhovsky, Sergiy UKR 87
10. Guccione, Chris AUS 91
11. Vliegen, Kristof BEL 96
12. Grosjean, Sebastien FRA 99
13. Korolev, Evgeny RUS 102
14. Minar, Ivo CZE 105
15. Hernych, Jan CZE 118
16. Falla, Alejandro COL 119
17. Vanek, Jiri CZE 122
18. Cipolla, Flavio ITA 123
19. Bohli, Stephane SUI 133
20. Berrer, Michael GER 134
21. Mannarino, Adrian FRA 135
22. Becker, Benjamin GER 138
Very strong list there. In normal conditions, Philipp would have played Eckental for sure, but now that he's a Top-75 player, he chose to play the strongest Challenger in this week
Old 10-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #831
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Some interviews in German:
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/141020...r-gezeigt.html
http://www.sportnet.at/channel.aspx?...d-4fba9700e8d8

He means he's going to play either Basel or St-Petersburg next week.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #832
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

P/P are 9-4 on ATP level. I don't think they can hold this level, but hopefully the top 8 are possible next year. Philipp has already won 950 points in doubles since the grass season, so he has a real good chance to reach the top 20 next year in the individual doubles ranking.

He should realize that Basel has a stronger list, so play St.P. St. Petersburg, Aachen and Bratislava should have livestream.

Last edited by JMG : 10-15-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #833
country flag JMG

Petzschner vs Lopez and Petzschner vs Moya are re-live on the ES-player.

Biggest highlights in the Moya match imo:
2-2 40-30 One of the rare strong backhand winners
4-2 00-00 Great point from Moya with between the legs shot from Petzschner. This would be possible choice for play of the week.
6-4 2-1 30-40 "Leck mich doch kreuzweise" reaction after an overrule

Against Lopez:
3-6 1-0 30-30 Great point by Petzschner followed by the only "come on" I've heard from him last week.

Truc, can you remember any spectacular point from the first set against Lopez? I don't think I want to watch the whole set.

Last edited by JMG : 10-16-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #834
country flag JMG

Bwin wants to show all matches from St. Petersburg and Basel.

Court-Hopping!
Wir servieren Top-Tennis!
Vom ATP-Event in Basel über St. Petersburg zum WTA-Turnier in Luxemburg - und das alles in nur 10 Sekunden!

Tennis-Fans kommen ab Montag voll auf ihre Kosten, denn bwin zeigt alle Spiele dieser drei Top-Events live. Zuschauen und mitwetten!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #835
country flag Truc

Thanks for the heads up with the ES player!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
Truc, can you remember any spectacular point from the first set against Lopez? I don't think I want to watch the whole set.
No, but I have a terrible memory.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #836
country flag PereRibaFan

PereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Philipp will play Basel with WC. He faces a qualifier in the 1st round:

http://www.davidoffswissindoors.ch/T...no_cache=1&L=1
Old 10-18-2008, 06:52 PM   #837
country flag JMG

I've already seen 29 Petzschner matches this year (of 31 possible). It's time to add a few next week. Normally bwin should have the doubles as well.

Petzschner/Peya - Nalbandian/Schwank

And if he beats the Q, he will play Fat Dave in singles as well. Let's hope he can win something here.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #838
country flag JMG

Expected bad luck, he plays Vliegen in the first round.

Of course I remember the French league last year. I think he won like 64 16 64.

Last edited by JMG : 10-19-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #839
country flag Raul

Raul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond repute

Philipp got a wild card at Basel
Raul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #840
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Philipp got a wild card at Basel

I'm thrilled he got it, but why the hell did they give a WC to Philipp? Is there any special reason?