Bolding, Underling, and Centering - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2008, 03:06 AM   #1
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bolding, Underling, and Centering

Hello!

I just had a very quick question. In the Challengers Forums I choose a challenger every week and post the order of play for it every day on center court. I bold the last names and center completed matches always. But when I click bold or center it works in the post but it says center instead of switching it. I was just wondering if this will change soon in a update for the site or no plans have been made for it. Thanks!
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #2
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bolding, Underling, and Centering

Maybe I can help you on this, but can you be clearer on what your problem is, I especially didn't understand the part where you were saying "But when I click bold or center it works in the post but it says center instead of switching it".

At first I thought it's only me, but I first reassured with native speakers and they also didn't understand your exact problem or question regarding this issue.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:16 AM   #3
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Let's say that I try to center something in my post. I click on go advanced and then I highlight what I want centered, when I do that around what I want centered it will say [center] The thing I want to be center [Center/] Then when I post it everything is centered and the [center] [center/] that appeared around what I want centered went away. I was just wondering when when I am in the go advanced mode and I highlights something I want center it will center it right there instead of putting in the [center] center/] code.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:31 AM   #4
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Why is that function so necessary? Isn't the way it is now good enough? If you hit preview post you will be able to see the post to make sure it's formatted how you want it

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:26 AM   #5
Athletic DNA

It is good, just wondering if their is like a upgrade coming up. Anyway, thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #6
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
Let's say that I try to center something in my post. I click on go advanced and then I highlight what I want centered, when I do that around what I want centered it will say [center] The thing I want to be center [Center/] Then when I post it everything is centered and the [center] [center/] that appeared around what I want centered went away. I was just wondering when when I am in the go advanced mode and I highlights something I want center it will center it right there instead of putting in the [center] center/] code.
All right, now I understood it better what you mean.

Showing the centering right in the advanced mode instead of putting around it is possible if you're switching your Message Editor Interface to something else.

Go to User CP --> Edit Options --> Miscellaneous Options --> Message Editor Interface and select: Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing. Then save changes.

WYSIWYG = what you see is what you get

This gives you what you want, and shows a lot of other edits on the text like color, font, size...

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 09-11-2008, 02:34 AM   #7
Athletic DNA

do you have instructions for macs on safari??
Old 09-11-2008, 05:03 AM   #8
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

The instructions should be the same Just go here http://www.menstennisforums.com/prof...do=editoptions and scroll down to the bottom and under "Message Editor Interface" pick WYSIWYG from the dropdown bar just as Neely described...

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #9
Athletic DNA

Thanks you very much. Neely in your last post I thought you meant it was an actual browser option not a mtf option. I did just what you and deboogle!. said. Now when I changed the option and saved it I try to go edit something or post something new it still gives me the code around what I want to do. I there like a 6 hour rendering period?
Old 09-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #10
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

No, it should be instant

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:04 AM   #11
Athletic DNA

Yes it's not working for me, and it says in my user cp that is is on the one you told me to do.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #12
country flag Neely
-

Hmm, I guess you can't do much if it's not working. You set it correctly and I have heard over the time that browsers like Safari generally don't support the WYSIWYG interface. But naybe this changed meanwhile.

Also people using Opera repoerted about problems. Some said it immediately worked, some said it helped if they chose "disguise as Firefox" or "disguise as IE" in their preferences menu and for some it never worked.

Many different software around out there, and the browser must support certain operations to make the WYSIWYG editing on vBulletin forums functional. Thus it's no guarantee that it works unless you're making the effort to test different browsers to see what works.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #13
Athletic DNA

Oh well, no big deal, thanks!