Kiwi's summer hardcourt season 2008 (soon playing: US Open) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2008, 01:26 AM   #46
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi's summer hardcourt season 2008 (soon playing: US Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
In the first few games he looked really good from the baseline. I was expecting an easy win then. His baseline game just got worse and worse, the game at 4-4 in the third was an absolute shocker. From 40-0 he gifted point after point, it almost looked like a tank.
I only followed it on TV and my impression was from the first few minutes on as they showed a small part of his match that he looked kind of strange and without bite. As if he couldn't get a grip in the match.

For me as a viewer, there was no clear break visable from where on he exactly got his shoulder problem. Maybe it was this shocker game in the third, but I didn't see him reacting strange, checking it out or holding his shoulder in that game.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 AM   #47
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

I read that he got treatment after the 3rd set. I didn't see much of the match either, though I witnissed him wasting 3 rebreak points at 0:40 in the 2nd set. Who knows what would have happened, if he had converted one of those chances.
Painful end of an otherwise pretty good HC summer season.
Yappa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #48
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
He retired after 6-4 1-6 4-6 1-4 against Minar

They said it was a shoulder problem
My hope is that it isn't so bad, and that he is soon back in action!

Sorry Mary you didn't have better luck with his match and had to witness these unfortunate circumstances and Kiwi not playing well today!
It's okay. There was a lot of fun in the first set & a half. Kiwi and the one ball girl were making all of us on that base line laugh. He was being typical Kiwi and she was probably like 18 and kept rolling her eyes at him and stuff. So Kiwi kept on like taking balls from her or the other kid and then just dropping them so she'd have to run all the way to him and back. They were hysterical! And we all kept laughing so much. And then she left. So I don't know if he asked her to be removed cuz she kept making faces at him and rolling her eyes, or if she quit. Either way it was quite amusing.

We went to his court right before Seppi/Lee began and I saw that there were two front row seats availible. We grabbed them and I told her that I would not be moving until Kiwi was over. So, as I promised, I have a lot of pictures to share with you all over the next few days. One is attached now.

Quote:
In the first few games he looked really good from the baseline. I was expecting an easy win then. His baseline game just got worse and worse, the game at 4-4 in the third was an absolute shocker. From 40-0 he gifted point after point, it almost looked like a tank.
Yea and you could tell something was really not right at all because the first set and the beginning of the second he was himself. And then as that match went on and he started sucking, he was so lethargic out there. He wasn't talking to himself anymore, he wasn't yelling. He wasn't typical Kiwi losing. And when he called for the trainer and they just talked we all assumed maybe it was a stomach issue or something. But now that I am home and see it was a shoulder thing some little things make sense. Like before the match, during change overs, and when Minar when on a bathroom break, Kiwi kept working on his shoulder. I guess that is why...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uso052.jpg (68.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #49
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary! View Post
It's okay. There was a lot of fun in the first set & a half. Kiwi and the one ball girl were making all of us on that base line laugh. He was being typical Kiwi and she was probably like 18 and kept rolling her eyes at him and stuff. So Kiwi kept on like taking balls from her or the other kid and then just dropping them so she'd have to run all the way to him and back.
great story! I saw that ball girl, but of course we didn't see that she was annoyed so much by some of his routines

When Kiwi always gives the third ball back, I didn't understand anyway why she (and other ball kids) made a few steps out towards him instead of just waiting on her position for the ball to come to her Maybe they are taught this way, that they think it's faster, but I don't think so. Because Kiwi does not simply DROP the ball that it would keep sitting there, he more plays it with his racket into the corner.

And a few times I had to giggle a bit because I saw that she brought him the towel while Kiwi was standing with the back to her and/or just didn't need it, and was getting balls from the other corner. I thought she was very attentive

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 08-27-2008, 07:08 PM   #50
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
great story! I saw that ball girl, but of course we didn't see that she was annoyed so much by some of his routines

When Kiwi always gives the third ball back, I didn't understand anyway why she (and other ball kids) made a few steps out towards him instead of just waiting on her position for the ball to come to her Maybe they are taught this way, that they think it's faster, but I don't think so. Because Kiwi does not simply DROP the ball that it would keep sitting there, he more plays it with his racket into the corner.

And a few times I had to giggle a bit because I saw that she brought him the towel while Kiwi was standing with the back to her and/or just didn't need it, and was getting balls from the other corner. I thought she was very attentive
Yes. I think she thought he was doing that cuz he didn't like her or something cuz everytime she turned around then to run back she'd make a face. And every single time he gave her the towel back she'd roll her eyes. They were so funny together. I'm sad she left.

I forgot to mention too, that before the match, a kid brought ice packs out for Kiwi. I'm not sure if he used them during changeovers or anything because he was sitting on the other side of the chair ump, I couldn't see him when he was sitting down (which really sucked when he changed his shirt haha), so I don't know how often he used them.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:49 AM   #51
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Hello?
Old 08-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #52
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary! View Post
Hello?
yes?

Old 09-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #53
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Neely, when the coverage started at 6-4 0-3, did you notice that your friend Ralf Klinkenberg thought for about 5 minutes that Kiefer is leading 3-0? :retard: Then after Kiefer made the game and the scoreboard showed "1-3", Klinkenberg said something like "Oh, Minar was the one leading 3-0."
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #54
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Neely, when the coverage started at 6-4 0-3, did you notice that your friend Ralf Klinkenberg thought for about 5 minutes that Kiefer is leading 3-0? :retard: Then after Kiefer made the game and the scoreboard showed "1-3", Klinkenberg said something like "Oh, Minar was the one leading 3-0."
YES!!! That was classic again, he's just a legend!

Funny was also as he said: "Oh, Breakball Minar, da ist das Doppelbreak für Kiefer in Gefahr"

Especially it's funny that he thought the score was 3-0 for Kiefer for an entire game if you believe what the commentator of the previous match were telling us viewers that Klinkenberg had an eye on Kiefer's match

Old 09-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #55
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond repute

hi,
My name is Sharon and I am new to the boards. I love Nicolas Kiefer and had the pleasure of seeing him practice a few weeks ago at the us open. He was a doll even giving my son his towel. I would love to hear from other fans!
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:17 AM   #56
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Hi Sharon!
What day were you at USO?

I hope you have a great time here! We're all very nice.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #57
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
thank you for such a kind welcome!! I was at the open practice rounds from Tuesday through Saturday and got to see Nicolas every day!!!! I was dying to say something to him but I was too scared. My two sons are a lot braver than I am. He is even more handsome in person. I'd love to write him a letter but have no idea where to send it. Any suggestions?
thanks and be well,
Sharon
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote