Who is going? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #76
Peridotpixie

Peridotpixie has a reputation beyond reputePeridotpixie has a reputation beyond reputePeridotpixie has a reputation beyond reputePeridotpixie has a reputation beyond reputePeridotpixie has a reputation beyond reputePeridotpixie has a reputation beyond reputePeridotpixie has a reputation beyond reputePeridotpixie has a reputation beyond reputePeridotpixie has a reputation beyond reputePeridotpixie has a reputation beyond reputePeridotpixie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is going?

Hi all,
I went a couple of days this week and had a blast. My friend just called and asked me if I'd like to go again tomorrow--the only problem being that we don't have tickets. Would we be able to get groundspasses on-site? How early would you recommend we show up to do that, and how easy is it to get to the ticket booth without getting caught in the lines for ticketholders? Smitty, I'd ask you about yours except that there are two of us, and I'd feel awful if we weren't able to obtain a second--all or none, I guess. Thanks!
Peridotpixie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #77
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8 View Post
Good luck! The prices I was looking at are twice the rate I'm used to paying in Manhattan. I was looking at a hotel near LaGuardia, the Comfort Inn Flushing, 5 minute walk to the subway, I think it's one stop from the tennis center (check the map first), reviews sounded ok. Maybe check that one.
Really? I found quite a few on sale down to about $140 down from $200

Hopefully they're still on sale

I wish your grounds pass was for today I'd have bought it off you

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:16 PM   #78
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridotpixie View Post
Hi all,
I went a couple of days this week and had a blast. My friend just called and asked me if I'd like to go again tomorrow--the only problem being that we don't have tickets. Would we be able to get groundspasses on-site? How early would you recommend we show up to do that, and how easy is it to get to the ticket booth without getting caught in the lines for ticketholders? Smitty, I'd ask you about yours except that there are two of us, and I'd feel awful if we weren't able to obtain a second--all or none, I guess. Thanks!
You *might* be able to, but I have heard that they are sold out for a lot of this weekend. I attempted to get grounds passes Wednesday night for Thursday and the grounds passes were all sold out, as was any Ashe seat for less than $300.

I'm not sure how early you would have to go... I'd maybe call and find out what time they open and then go as early as possible. Good luck!!

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:56 PM   #79
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

My extra ticket is sold!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #80
country flag whao

whao is on a distinguished road

Hey all:

So I'm going to the finals for the first time and I'm trying to figure out logistics. Anyone who has been before have any advice on how early to get there?

Thanks
whao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #81
country flag fedsfan1

fedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whao View Post
Hey all:

So I'm going to the finals for the first time and I'm trying to figure out logistics. Anyone who has been before have any advice on how early to get there?

Thanks

Mens Final starts at 4pm EST Dubs Final before that

I believe the gates open at 10am just like the rest of the days .
IF you can't get tickets, they do allow you entrance onto the grounds for $5.00 & you can watch on the big screens & enjoy the atmosphere of the USO. But as long as Andy isn't there , You should be able to buy a ticket that day.
In 2004 , I bought a ticket the day of the final...Roger vs Lleyton.
It was in the nosebleeds but I was there...thats all that really mattered to me.
The box office opens at 9am so be there before the line gets too long & you should be able to get a ticket.
fedsfan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #82
country flag whao

whao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedsfan1 View Post
Mens Final starts at 4pm EST Dubs Final before that

I believe the gates open at 10am just like the rest of the days .
IF you can't get tickets, they do allow you entrance onto the grounds for $5.00 & you can watch on the big screens & enjoy the atmosphere of the USO. But as long as Andy isn't there , You should be able to buy a ticket that day.
In 2004 , I bought a ticket the day of the final...Roger vs Lleyton.
It was in the nosebleeds but I was there...thats all that really mattered to me.
The box office opens at 9am so be there before the line gets too long & you should be able to get a ticket.
Tickets I already have . The problem is I live several hours away by train so I don't know whether I should aim to get there at like 2pm or whether I should stay in the city overnight...any thoughts?
whao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #83
country flag fedsfan1

fedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whao View Post
Tickets I already have . The problem is I live several hours away by train so I don't know whether I should aim to get there at like 2pm or whether I should stay in the city overnight...any thoughts?

Thats your call mate . Like I said, the final starts at 4pm so unless you want to see the dubs final too, 2pm sounds like a good time to arrive.
Have fun & maybe I see you there
fedsfan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote